test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Energy Surge

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Click it for 100% energy. No cooldown. Infinite uses. Costs 1 Drifter Salvage.

Is this working as intended? :confused:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lol.. may as well be as intended. Not like energy maintenance exists at all in this game truly.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Time to bind that sucker to your directional keys and be a PRO!
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Time to drop that energy unlock and get an extra skill :O
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    costs 1 drifter salvager per use? Or 1 drifter salvage to buy?....I dont...?
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I still wonder what CO would be like today had they dropped the energy system altogether and opted for more fun resource systems, I. E. rage meters, "EX" special meters, Desperation/Revenge meters, Supermode meters, etc.

I don't get the prevalence of "mana" systems. As if they're not fun killing enough as is, there's so many more interesting alternatives.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
    edited December 2012
    ariesmajor wrote: »
    costs 1 drifter salvager per use? Or 1 drifter salvage to buy?....I dont...?

You buy 1 for 1 drifter salvage and you can use it forever
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    selphea wrote: »
    Click it for 100% energy. No cooldown. Infinite uses. Costs 1 Drifter Salvage.

Is this working as intended? :confused:

Woah I am getting one of these :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Woah I am getting one of these :O

I logged in just to buy 5 lol
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pion01 wrote: »

I logged in just to buy 5 lol

Well lets hope its not a bug or you've just wasted a few bucks :/

Some confirmation on this matter from Cryptic would be great.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's all a plot to get everyone to buy "just one" key for the Drifter Salvage, and then they've gotten the taste for sweet, sweet lockboxes. :tongue:
  • sparhawksparhawk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    selphea wrote: »
    You buy 1 for 1 drifter salvage and you can use it forever

Oh really? Unexpected bonus then.
  • amarillonmcamarillonmc Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want to know if it's also applied to its Health version as well...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...the ultimate Contrast Moe (or not).
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    SHHH!

Shut up or they'll nerf it...
  • xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not to get off topic, but I also question the Teleport to RenCen devices as they also have unlimited uses. I'm all for it but when they are labeled 5 or 10 uses I can't help but feel like it's a bug.
  • nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Tells ya how often people actually buy consumables; especially with something as expensive as Drifter Salvage given that it can cost up to $0.50 a pop. :biggrin:

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *sigh*

I knew this was coming sooner or later... Somebody was bound to tap-spam the Team Energy Surge until it got the attention of somebody who would go public with it.

Normally that somebody going public would be me, but I have two strong personal reasons why I let this one slide:

1. I'm honestly still angered that Cryptic nerfed the energy return from energy unlocks and the passive combat energy regen rate with the On Alert patch. I hate energy builders and honest wish they were removed from the game

So yeah, I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, it's exploiting a bug that needs to get fixed. On the other hand the extremely high prices of consumables, the extremely high prices of catalysts (rank up and safeguard), and drop chance rates for costume unlocks and the lockboxes are a SCAM!

End result? I'm neutral on this. I was certain from when I found it that it would be fixed eventually when it became a well known enough exploit. It was only a matter of time.

2. Mark my words, when it's fixed, the people who foolishly RetCon'ed to make their builds designed to rely on this exploit,they're going to come angrily after: the author of this topic and Cryptic's consistent negligence (50/50). While I commend the author of this topic for being bold or foolhardy enough announce it, I've also seen this community be EXTREMELY hostile to anyone trying to get a bug fixed (including Snake Wildlife, Vixy, Ubtri, Ayonachan, and even myself). And not even so much as a "thank you for reporting a bug" from Cryptic or Perfect World (just rotten silence). Cryptic doesn't encourage or even protect people who report bugs.

So yeah, I'm losing faith in TrailTurtle being capable off addressing this issue...
    xgco wrote: »
    Teleport to RenCen devices

Yes those too, but what's the harm in having a permanent one for sale, really? Charges on teleport items seems very cash-grab-like anyways.

arimikami wrote: »
    SHHH!

Shut up or they'll nerf it...

Too late...
    edited December 2012
    nazaca wrote: »
    Tells ya how often people actually buy consumables; especially with something as expensive as Drifter Salvage given that it can cost up to $0.50 a pop. :biggrin:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL="[URL]http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=170&a=9"]Cryptic[/URL] Studios Community Rules and Policies[/URL] -Smackwell

The point is this:
    1 Drifter Salvage = infinite energy supply for yourself
    2 Drifter Salvage = infinite energy supply for yourself and your team and all pets

Ways to use this exploit (since the cat's out of the bag now right?):
    • Don't need INT or REC or any cost discount gear or even an energy unlock, pick up END as a secondary stat.
    • Use gatling gun, no circle of arcane power and no killer instinct. (EGO, DEX & CON as stats)
    • Force cascades all day long
    • Sword Cyclone all day long
    • Use all power armor abilities at once (minigun, chest beam, concussor beam, eye lasers, etc), full-maintain, just have your buddy feeding you energy with the team version. Even better if your buddy also uses AoED and IDF. Throw in some Fire All Weapons
    • Spam the button with a macro to make foreign players lag like hell after a few seconds.
    • Annoy other players with the sound spamming the team surge makes (thankfully it's kind of quiet)
    If would be much better if the weak energy return for things like Overdrive, Ionic Reverb, Thermal Reverb, and even MSA to some extent were improved slight and the overall passive energy regen rate in combat was improved.

But...

I think we all know by now that Perfect World is going to create an executive directive this bug get fixed and the go back to ignore the hundreds of other bugs in the game. Many of which have been around since launch. Other's which are just tacky and shown up recently, such as the floating wooden crates at Teleios's Tower or the Lockboxes prompting the need or greed GUI on every single one (no way to turn it off, only workaround is to use FFA or Round Robin which create new issues).
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Well lets hope its not a bug or you've just wasted a few bucks :/

Some confirmation on this matter from Cryptic would be great.

Nah, they're drifter store garbage, and there's nothing else there worth having, and I had some left over from before the keys.

xgco - why would you bring those up in public!? :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    edited December 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »

I'm going to assume that either I'm communicating badly or that you're having a bad day and need me to unpack my statement for you. As such: The only people who previously knew about it were (a) test server players who actually test things, (b) curious and possessed of money to burn or (c) mindbogglingly stupid. Why? Because the costs involved in acquiring Drifter Salvage do not lend themselves towards spending it on (what are supposed to be) consumables.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    GAH!
    This is amazing and horrible.

Horribazing!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • tacofoodsololtacofoodsolol Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have faith in Cryptic, this will probably get fixed pretty soon!
    edited December 2012
    I have faith in Cryptic, this will probably get fixed pretty soon!

Or they'll decide its' a "feature" and leave it be. To be sure, it'll drive some cosmic key purchases if they take their time.

edited December 2012
    *sigh*

I knew this was coming sooner or later... Somebody was bound to tap-spam the Team Energy Surge until it got the attention of somebody who would go public with it.

Normally that somebody going public would be me, but I have two strong personal reasons why I let this one slide:

1. I'm honestly still angered that Cryptic nerfed the energy return from energy unlocks and the passive combat energy regen rate with the On Alert patch. I hate energy builders and honest wish they were removed from the game

So yeah, I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, it's exploiting a bug that needs to get fixed. On the other hand the extremely high prices of consumables, the extremely high prices of catalysts (rank up and safeguard), and drop chance rates for costume unlocks and the lockboxes are a SCAM!

End result? I'm neutral on this. I was certain from when I found it that it would be fixed eventually when it became a well known enough exploit. It was only a matter of time.

2. Mark my words, when it's fixed, the people who foolishly RetCon'ed to make their builds designed to rely on this exploit,they're going to come angrily after: the author of this topic and Cryptic's consistent negligence (50/50). While I commend the author of this topic for being bold or foolhardy enough announce it, I've also seen this community be EXTREMELY hostile to anyone trying to get a bug fixed (including Snake Wildlife, Vixy, Ubtri, Ayonachan, and even myself). And not even so much as a "thank you for reporting a bug" from Cryptic or Perfect World (just rotten silence). Cryptic doesn't encourage or even protect people who report bugs.

So yeah, I'm losing faith in TrailTurtle being capable off addressing this issue...

Yes those too, but what's the harm in having a permanent one for sale, really? Charges on teleport items seems very cash-grab-like anyways.

Too late...

D:

My last login was 107 days ago, given the changes I've been hearing about like 300ft powers and vehicle powers that one shot Master Villains, having infinite energy seemed perfectly in line with the pay to win power creep that's been coming into the game.

Meh not like it matters if 50% of the hate comes to me. Seems like a bad idea to have resubbed. I didn't know how bad the lockbox spam was until I actually saw it. I'll probably be gone for good in 30 days.
  • falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Speaking from personal experience, the forums are not the best place to post bugs/exploits like this. I don't mean player hatred over their carefully guarded secret potentially being fixed either.

That said, I hope it gets fixed soon. CO's combat can be trivial enough already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fun fact: In the Champions PnP Hero System, it's an option to completely drop the END system (the stat, use of it, discounts/penalties on powers, etc) in favor of faster and more fluid gameplay.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the [URL="[URL]http://forums.champions-online.com/announcement.php?f=170&a=9"]Cryptic[/URL] Studios Community Rules and Policies[/URL] -Smackwell

The point is this:
    1 Drifter Salvage = infinite energy supply for yourself
    2 Drifter Salvage = infinite energy supply for yourself and your team and all pets

Ways to use this exploit (since the cat's out of the bag now right?):
    • Don't need INT or REC or any cost discount gear or even an energy unlock, pick up END as a secondary stat.
    • Use gatling gun, no circle of arcane power and no killer instinct. (EGO, DEX & CON as stats)
    • Force cascades all day long
    • Sword Cyclone all day long
    • Use all power armor abilities at once (minigun, chest beam, concussor beam, eye lasers, etc), full-maintain, just have your buddy feeding you energy with the team version. Even better if your buddy also uses AoED and IDF. Throw in some Fire All Weapons
    • Spam the button with a macro to make foreign players lag like hell after a few seconds.
    • Annoy other players with the sound spamming the team surge makes (thankfully it's kind of quiet)
    If would be much better if the weak energy return for things like Overdrive, Ionic Reverb, Thermal Reverb, and even MSA to some extent were improved slight and the overall passive energy regen rate in combat was improved.

But...

I think we all know by now that Perfect World is going to create an executive directive this bug get fixed and the go back to ignore the hundreds of other bugs in the game. Many of which have been around since launch. Other's which are just tacky and shown up recently, such as the floating wooden crates at Teleios's Tower or the Lockboxes prompting the need or greed GUI on every single one (no way to turn it off, only workaround is to use FFA or Round Robin which create new issues).

It interrupts you if you use it during a maintain, and from the time you reactivate the maintain you could have just use 1 shot of your energy builder and been back up.

For endurance characters its great, but for the rest its pretty meh.
    edited December 2012
    nazaca wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that either I'm communicating badly or that you're having a bad day and need me to unpack my statement for you. As such: The only people who previously knew about it were (a) test server players who actually test things, (b) curious and possessed of money to burn or (c) mindbogglingly stupid. Why? Because the costs involved in acquiring Drifter Salvage do not lend themselves towards spending it on (what are supposed to be) consumables.

1. Yes both, terrible day and poor communication.

2. Obviously they are consumables and this is an exploitable bug (for better or worse)

3. Your scenerios neglect the major one that has lead to widespread use: people spamming it and then others curiously investigating why by checking the combat log:
    "{insert player name here} gives you {insert your max energy # here} energy with Team Energy Surge"

PS: Smackwell, if you're going to discipline at least be consistent. This action of yours compared to your lack of action over the past month is totally inconsistent. :mad: Nazaca and I will work things out, have some faith.

ariesmajor wrote: »
    It interrupts you if you use it during a maintain, and from the time you reactivate the maintain you could have just use 1 shot of your energy builder and been back up.

For endurance characters its great, but for the rest its pretty meh.

This is misinformation.

First of all, having your teammates use it interrupts nothing.

Energy builders don't even come close to a comparison. Your typical energy builder gives you a third to a fifth of your total energy on the first shot, and half of that on subsequent shots.

Energy surge on the other hand? One tap and you're 100% recharged. More so you can spam this as fast possible.
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    an option to completely drop the END system (the stat, use of it, discounts/penalties on powers, etc) in favor of faster and more fluid gameplay.

This would be wonderful!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    PS: Smackwell, if you're going to discipline at least be consistent. This action of yours compared to your lack of action over the past month is totally inconsistent. :mad: Nazaca and I will work things out, have some faith.

Hi.

Get something straight. I am not paid to moderate here. Us moderators can moderate as much or as little as we want. I do not live on the forums, I cannot possibly catch every single thing that happens on here and correct it. I'm a volunteer, and I'm very largely working on my own on this forum.

Lack of action? Inconsistency? No, try "doing overtime every day at work." Maybe when I get home from work, I don't want to sit on these forums and pull a second shift of work, for free, after doing some overtime. That seem like a fun evening to you?

If you don't like having your posts edited, maybe tone down the condescending attitude. I don't care if you work things out; if you insult someone and I see it, I'm gonna get rid of it. Simple as that.
    biffsig.jpg
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fun fact: In the Champions PnP Hero System, it's an option to completely drop the END system (the stat, use of it, discounts/penalties on powers, etc) in favor of faster and more fluid gameplay.

Yeah, my Champions PnP group have adopted a no END approach to play.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why didn't I know about this sooner? I could have saved 50 G by not retconning my Ice DPS into Int Con/End!!! D:

I find energy management to be a somewhat interesting mechanic and I like building for that perfect spot where I never have to hit my EB. Having an infinite Energy Surge device kind of cheapens that aspect of building when you can just fill up on energy at the push of a button without building for it (for comparison, MSA is energy at the push of a button delayed by at least one second that you have to blow a power point on and invest Int or Rec into), however flawed the END system is.

Fix it, please.

THAT BEING SAID, this does make the Energy Surge useful and desirable... >_>
  • helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lack of action? Inconsistency? No, try "doing overtime every day at work." Maybe when I get home from work, I don't want to sit on these forums and pull a second shift of work, for free, after doing some overtime. That seem like a fun evening to you?
    So, you're not able or motivated to perform the task you applied and were selected for due to real-life time constraints? Then perhaps you should resign your post and let them select someone who can (or is willing to) do the job properly? Otherwise, it does appear as if you're being rather biased in your moderation.
    edited December 2012
    keikomyst wrote: »
    Why didn't I know about this sooner? I could have saved 50 G by not retconning my Ice DPS into Con Int/End!!! D:

I find energy management to be a somewhat interesting mechanic and I like building for that perfect spot where I never have to hit my EB. Having an infinite Energy Surge device kind of cheapens that aspect of building when you can just fill up on energy at the push of a button without building for it (for comparison, MSA is energy at the push of a button delayed by at least one second that you have to blow a power point on and invest Int or Rec into), however flawed the END system is.

Fix it, please.

THAT BEING SAID, this does make the Energy Surge useful and desirable... >_>

As you say, energy managment is so terrible that a good freeform build is one that never has to use its energy builder. Energy Surge only makes more different builds viable, ATs included, I don't see what's wrong with that.

Also, I'd rather have the dev(s?) spend his alloted time on CO fixing one of the bazillion bugs first than nerf Energy Surge.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »
    So, you're not able or motivated to perform the task you applied and were selected for due to real-life time constraints? Then perhaps you should resign your post and let them select someone who can (or is willing to) do the job properly? Otherwise, it does appear as if you're being rather biased in your moderation.

Basic pattern recognition isn't bias.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    It seems like it is working as intended since the limitations on both personal and team version are dropped off. I hope it is because it's a nice little device. The fact that it costs drifter salvage should add some value to salvage. I'd personally prefer it if they leave it as it is but if people are so worried about people enjoying this function, I guess they could raise the price some more while keeping function.

Between all the calls for content and increased difficulty, it amuses me to see anyone ask for the nerfing of a seldom used and heard of thing.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    helbjorn wrote: »

Please don't try to sound like you know better than I do. I know you think I'm biased and corrupt (lol forums), but I've been trying to get more moderators since long before the forum change. Right now it's largely just me keeping an eye out here. If I were to "resign" at this point, it would pretty much be deserting the place.

You wanna throw your hat in the ring or help get more moderators? Be my guest!
    biffsig.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Unless you wanted to prove agentnx5's point, I don't see why you deleted my post and the one above.
    edited December 2012
    Unless you wanted to prove agentnx5's point, I don't see why you deleted my post and the one above.

I'm not really interested in any "points" being proven. Regardless of actions, people are going to think what they want to think.

Also, if you have a problem with something I moderated, send me a private message.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Hi Smackwell.

Let me get something straight as well. You aren't the only person who has been working overtime at a job this time of year. You aren't the only person struggling with time and finances. Who logs on to see yet more frustrating negativity (including this topic). There's no good that can come from this topic Selphea.

People are either going to feel that this is an exploit, mad if that exploit gets fixed or mad if it doesn't get fixed and is made more pay-to-win. It's entirely lose-lose. Even people who abuse the bug in the ways I previously metioned will become bored. And I find Nazaca's wry sense of humor (or not reading what I just wrote) to be foolish, yes.

You're asking to be recognized as being human with real-life constraints Smackwell? Guess what? Same could be said for the rest of us. I have my fair share of mistakes, mood swings, and errors too.

And yes, I'm going to critique you as being hypocritical or biased when you're moderating "you fool" and at the same time letting entire flame wars in the Hero Games (see anything written by Alyodis or neojin777), Suggestions (see Jasinblazing's poll topic), and even the Combat & Powers section (see "Too Much DPS"). Do you see what I mean? There has been a trend of no moderation and then you want to target me for something minor, a debate I'm having with somebody who actually a friend of mine? Really? Really?!

People look up to forum moderators as leaders in a game community. Think about what kind of leadership example you are setting with your decisions. Whatever level of rules you want to enforce (from lax to strict), all I ask for is consistency.

Being a moderator isn't a job, it's volunteering to lead (often times without even so much as a thank you). Ask TrailTurtle, he gets thanks on occassion, but primarily I'm sure he gets tired of seeing the mistrust between his colleague developers and the community as of recent months. Even more so that he's expected to supervise multiple games. That's hard...
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Smackwell.

Let me get something straight as well. You aren't the only person who has been working overtime at a job this time of year. You aren't the only person struggling with time and finances. Who logs on to see yet more frustrating negativity (including this topic). There's no good that can come from this topic Selphea.

People are either going to feel that this is an exploit, mad if that exploit gets fixed or mad if it doesn't get fixed and is made more pay-to-win. It's entirely lose-lose. Even people who abuse the bug in the ways I previously metioned will become bored. And I find Nazaca's wry sense of humor (or not reading what I just wrote) to be foolish, yes.

You're asking to be recognized as being human with real-life constraints Smackwell? Guess what? Same could be said for the rest of us. I have my fair share of mistakes, mood swings, and errors too.

And yes, I'm going to critique you as being hypocritical or biased when you're moderating "you fool" and at the same time letting entire flame wars in the Hero Games (see anything written by Alyodis or neojin777), Suggestions (see Jasinblazing's poll topic), and even the Combat & Powers section (see "Too Much DPS"). Do you see what I mean? There has been a trend of no moderation and then you want to target me for something minor, a debate I'm having with somebody who actually a friend of mine? Really? Really?!

People look up to forum moderators as leaders in a game community. Think about what kind of leadership example you are setting with your decisions. Whatever level of rules you want to enforce (from lax to strict), all I ask for is consistency.

Being a moderator isn't a job, it's volunteering to lead.

*insert played out Fight Club reference here*

"PWE has the final say on all aspects of this community. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to PWE directly through our support site, and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted."

Emphasis courtesy of me. This excerpt is courtesy of the rules.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I still wonder what CO would be like today had they dropped the energy system altogether and opted for more fun resource systems, I. E. rage meters, "EX" special meters, Desperation/Revenge meters, Supermode meters, etc.

I don't get the prevalence of "mana" systems. As if they're not fun killing enough as is, there's so many more interesting alternatives.

It would probably be ten times worse than it is now, because the devs would have to deal with an even more complicated game than they had to all that time, which is clearly something they're not capable of doing and something that the game's coding itself is not capable of handling.

Personally, I would have thought all those things would be neat, but reality being what it is, it's better that they didn't do that.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This device is doing exactly what it says it does. It says it gives you a 100% boost in energy, and that it has a recharge time. It doesn't say it has a certain number of uses. What's the issue?

And agent, there's really no need to be such a jerk. Smacky hasn't been on the boards because he's working. Not everyone here is a student, able to spend every evening haunting the forums. And moderating here is not his job, it's something that was offered to him when we didn't have a CM. He doesn't get paid to do this; he doesn't even get comped game time. If he's had a long day at work, he comes home to a choice between playing CO, moderating these boards (which is a job both thankless and laden with ungrateful, insulting d-bags), or sleeping. Given those three options, why would he want to take the second?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2012
    *insert played out Fight Club reference here*

"PWE has the final say on all aspects of this community. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to PWE directly through our support site, and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted."

Emphasis courtesy of me. This excerpt is courtesy of the rules.

This would apply to you post here and there as well, yes?

"Let he who without sin cast the first stone." You're no moderator yourself, Shieldtower. Additionally you make it no secret you despise me, so yeah I get it.

I believe I had presented my grievances reasonably, no? And in the meantime there has been no word on impending bug fixes, which is still listed as my #1 priority.
    edited December 2012

No, I'm not asking for anything. I'm just telling you why things are like they are.
    And yes, I'm going to critique you as being hypocritical or biased when you're moderating "you fool" and at the same time letting entire flame wars in the Hero Games (see anything written by Alyodis or neojin777), Suggestions (see Jasinblazing's poll topic), and even the Combat & Powers section (see "Too Much DPS")..

Again, I do not have the time to take a fine-tooth comb through the entire forums. Have you reported any of these things? Has anybody? If not, there's a good chance I plain haven't seen them.

And again I'll reiterate - Community Moderators don't have a quota of time to spend on the boards, or anything of the sort. I could take a three month vacation and not touch these forums and let them all go up in smoke, and no one would be to blame. Try to understand that.
    Do you see what I mean? There has been a trend of no moderation and then you want to target me for something minor, a debate I'm having with somebody who actually a friend of mine? Really? Really?!.

Whether he's your friend or not makes zero difference. First of all, I'm not a private investigator and I'm not going to go around questioning everyone you've ever talked to to see who your friends are.

Second, it doesn't matter who you're being rude to, friend or otherwise. If someone that doesn't know either of you sees you being rude, they're going to think that's okay to do.

And no, I'm not "targeting" you. I happened to read what you wrote, and I thought it shouldn't be there. That's it, end of story.

Every time this kind of thing happens, I give more and more respect to the people who respond to me saying "Thanks, won't happen again," instead of making a ridiculous issue of it.
    People look up to forum moderators as leaders in a game community. Think about what kind of leadership example you are setting with your decisions. Whatever level of rules you want to enforce (from lax to strict), all I ask for is consistency..

Nobody's asked to look up to me for anything. All I'm here to do is try to clean up the boards in whatever capacity I may be able to, and that's what I'm doing. I'm not a leader, I'm not here to impress anyone or make friends. If you're rude, flaming someone, trolling, whatever, I just erase that. Otherwise I'm no different than anyone else in the community, and that's how it should be. I don't place myself above anybody just because I can edit a post, because I volunteer my free time, or anything else. Clear?

As far as consistency, first, that's something NO ONE can agree on. Trust me, ever since the very beginning of community moderators for Champs, we've been yelled at and taken verbal abuse by many players regardless of how long we discuss taking action before we actually do, in the interest of all the players. Doesn't matter. People will complain, and point fingers.

Until someone can provide me with the time to sit down and read every single post on these forums, sorry, I'm not going to be able to meet your expectancy of consistency. Honestly, if you think we need more moderators, then we at least agree on one thing. Take it up with Cryptic!

Seriously, I thought everyone was over this. We haven't had a "our moderators are biased" thread or anything like it since Hurricane Shev.
    biffsig.jpg
    edited December 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    This device is doing exactly what it says it does. It says it gives you a 100% boost in energy, and that it has a recharge time. It doesn't say it has a certain number of uses. What's the issue?

It's listed under consumables for one.
    jonsills wrote: »
    And agent, there's really no need to be such a jerk. Smacky hasn't been on the boards because he's working. Not everyone here is a student, able to spend every evening haunting the forums. And moderating here is not his job, it's something that was offered to him when we didn't have a CM. He doesn't get paid to do this; he doesn't even get comped game time. If he's had a long day at work, he comes home to a choice between playing CO, moderating these boards (which is a job both thankless and laden with ungrateful, insulting d-bags), or sleeping. Given those three options, why would he want to take the second?

Am I really coming off as a jerk here? That not how I see it, I see it as a debate that got started because I got picked on for something minor (not to mention several of my positive, proactive topics are being selectively closed by Smackwell and Shieldtower teaming up against me, at least that's how it feels to me).

My mood:
    :mad: + :frown:

Yeah I'm having a very bad set of days from tough finances to having a family member dying in school shooting for no logical reason.

Do you think I don't recognize Smackwell has other life priorities? I do. But then why single me out?
    edited December 2012
    *reads Smackwell's post word for word*

That makes more sense. Thank you for taking the time to explain that.

I'm in a very bad mood lately so I guess I'll just see myself out so I can cool down.
  • pogiforce014pogiforce014 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Why is there this long, off topic, rather ego laiden argument going on? Just leave the mod alone already.

To be on topic, I had somehow ended up with one of those energy things. I never bought it, I think it came out of a lockbox I had opened. I never used it, and when I saw it was consumable I decided to just toss it to make room for other things. Wish I had known then what I know now.
    edited December 2012
    I'm going to close this as it's gotten pretty far off-topic.

If you want to see this fixed, take it to the bug forums, please.
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.