test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic, I think CO might be in trouble :p

selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
A certain MMO that has been competing for former CoH players has just announced they're dropping their subscription fee and releasing new content through paid DLCs that can be covered by a subscriber's monthly stipend. Essentially, after buying that game (which was pretty cheap on Black Friday), it will be about as Free to Play as CO is, except with content :O!

If there's a time to announce that substantial content updates are coming to CO, now would be a pretty good time :tongue:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Which MMO u mean?
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's a secret ;) It's about a world though!
  • bjoernrbjoernr Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Champions Online has a complete different Setting i dont think it will
    be a problem.
  • thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    selphea wrote: »
    It's a secret ;) It's about a world though!

Project Titan?
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    bjoernr wrote: »
    Champions Online has a complete different Setting i dont think it will
    be a problem.

Actually, the two most popular choices for former CoH players was here and the one this thread is about.

There's also the fact that they're adding actual content.
  • baroness1980baroness1980 Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually it is.

The migration of CoH players went mainly to 2 games... that secret one and this one...

and the majority of players went THERE, mainly cause that game is getting constant content updates and this one is stagnant...
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This thread is making me want to look into that secret game.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • thalast1thalast1 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually it is.

The migration of CoH players went mainly to 2 games... that secret one and this one...

and the majority of players went THERE, mainly cause that game is getting constant content updates and this one is stagnant...

I am kinda Mmo-less at the moment. what is this secret game you guys are referring to!!!

Is it that one with the purple bunny girls.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Is this the "secret game" that you need a fairly top end computer to play? The one that rejected me because of my old vid card?

Or the one that conspiring to not be a super-hero game at all?
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • selpheaselphea Posts: 1,229 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thalast1 wrote: »
    I am kinda Mmo-less at the moment. what is this secret game you guys are referring to!!!

Check post #3, two thirds of the name is in there
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've heard it actually has a really good character editor (that's not contingent upon equipment.) So to those thinking it's something to do with universes, you're way off!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Actually, the two most popular choices for former CoH players was here and the one this thread is about.

There's also the fact that they're adding actual content.

On an almost monthly basis^

They also have devs that are passionate about their game actively participating in the forums, keeping us informed about the current direction of the game. Imagine that!

That being said, I'm not aware of that game officially going B2P... *checks the game's homepage*

...OMG, It's true! I thought it was just a temp marketing ploy for the Dic 21 event, but its true! They actually went B2P, sub optional for additional benefits (including monthly stipend, cash shop discounts and more).
    thalast1 wrote: »

No, its the one that has bunny slippers in the cash shop (is being serious).
    This thread is making me want to look into that secret game.

I wouldn't bother, people won't like you there either.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    TSW went B2P, not F2P. Still need to ante up cash to get past the bouncers.
    bluhman wrote: »
    I've heard it actually has a really good character editor (that's not contingent upon equipment.) So to those thinking it's something to do with universes, you're way off!

Meh. The base character designs were too realistic, the initial clothing options are spartan, and everyone has the same origin. Not to mention I spent hours feeling like I had to read all the things, and I wound up never even leaving the starting zone.

Its not superheroes. I'll probably give it another looksie now that I don't need the sub but I don't see myself getting hooked on it like I have CoX/CO.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't bother, people won't like you there either.

Plenty of people like me here, they're just not part of you lot of ignoramuses. Hence why some of you feel the need to constantly insult and talk about me behind my back.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    Plenty of people like me here, they're just not part of you lot of ignoramuses. Hence why some of you feel the need to constantly insult and talk about me behind my back.

So what you're saying is that you didn't start the insulting? It's amazing what the mind can make you believe.
    edited December 2012
    So what you're saying is that you didn't start the insulting? It's amazing what the mind can make you believe.

Did I say that?

No.

• polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    Did I say that?

No.

Anyway, no need to go to that other game. Full of ignoramuses. You'd hate it.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just a few things to point out:

As far as the content they will put out, I'm still going to wait and see how much of this happens.

I know a lot of people that left CO to go play this game. Of those, about half of them I don't ever want to play near again.
  • darqauradarqaura Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just a few things to point out:

As far as the content they will put out, I'm still going to wait and see how much of this happens.

I know a lot of people that left CO to go play this game. Of those, about half of them I don't ever want to play near again.

Any mmo will probably put out more content for the same length of time of this game's existence.

To be fair those other mmos probably didn't change publishers twice so soon.

If there had never been a COH there would never have been a CO. :cool:
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Secret World could have five thousand times the content as it does now and guess what? People who play this game because they like super heroes and comic books aren't going to jump ship to a game that doesn't have that.

Also, every time a new game comes out or goes free to play, Champions is "in trouble." Can we get over that already? People said Champions wouldn't last three months. Great. Let's move on.

Closing this thread down partially for bickering and partially for being off-topic.

And partially for coy shilling. :P
    biffsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.