test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any chance for a Lifetime Membership sale like in STO?

raithiasraithias Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
CoH refugee here! I played CoH from it's first beta until the moment when the Evil Ones turned off the server, causing my screen to freeze. I'll admit I stopped to eat and sleep sometimes :wink:. Anyway, any chance that PWE will throw us a bone and have a sale on their Lifetime Memberships for this game like they did recently in STO? I can justify paying $199 for the savings that will cause in the long run, but $299 is a bit much.
21.jpg
Post edited by raithias on

Comments

• visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I doubt it considering that there is very little potential money that will lose on a STO LTS sale, since the STO sub offers very little and everything in their sub can be aquired relatively cheap from the store, compared to what you'd have to spend to aquire every available CO sub feature from the store.

Cryptic can make $50 for every single freeform slot sold--and that is just one of several features offered by a sub--while the STO sub offers no equivalent item in terms of cost. A CO LTS offers 16 of those freeform slots for just $300 (an $800 value if purchased individually), along with a host of other benefits, including numerous cosmetic options that could cost a significant amount to aquire through the store (the STO sub offers no additional cosmetic options), as well as potentially infinite character slots (+1 for every character leveled to 40), and the ability to create any number of freeform characters with any character slots you ever buy or get.
    biffsig.jpg
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This forum thread is a little old, but still relevant. When I did some number crunching during the AT rotation back in Oct./Nov. 2011, the LTS pays for itself within 20 months. And with every new release of Free For Gold items, it'll pay for itself even sooner.

Since Sept. 2011, I have not seen a single CO LTS sale. :frown:
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If it went on sale for $200 (even without the all veteran rewards up front perk that STO just got) I would sign up lifetime for all three people playing it in my family. I'm very much hoping they throw this in as a holiday offer this year. It would be a nice gesture to newcomers from City in particular.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    If it went on sale for $200 (even without the all veteran rewards up front perk that STO just got) I would sign up lifetime for all three people playing it in my family. I'm very much hoping they throw this in as a holiday offer this year. It would be a nice gesture to newcomers from City in particular.

Wait, STO lifers get their vet rewards up front now?

*checks website*

Well...I don't know whether to resort to the usual cynicism or charge my ring up.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    leihngwei wrote: »
    This forum thread is a little old, but still relevant. When I did some number crunching during the AT rotation back in Oct./Nov. 2011, the LTS pays for itself within 20 months. And with every new release of Free For Gold items, it'll pay for itself even sooner.

Since Sept. 2011, I have not seen a single CO LTS sale. :frown:

I currently have a repeating 3-month subscription at the $10/mo discount locked in. At the full price of $300 it will pay itself off in 10 installments = 30 months.

If LTS goes on sale, even down to $200, I'll take a loan from my parents and get it immediately. If it doesn't, well, I'm on the fence about it. Oddly, I do realize that the sooner I decide the better for me, but at the same time I'm ok giving them a little more money while I waffle as I am enjoying the game.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wait, STO lifers get their vet rewards up front now?

*checks website*

Well...I don't know whether to resort to the usual cynicism or charge my ring up.
    Charge your ring. All will be well.

(And besides, hope don't cost nothin'...) :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If it's any indicator, last few times STO got a lifetime sale, Champs didn't. :\

Precisely. I had a few friends interested in getting the LTS here if it ever went on some kind of sale but, like you mentioned, STO's did and CO's didn't (along with how STO does their LTS a bit differently). They spent that money in Tyria instead.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As was discussed in the same thread a month or two earlier, the CO LTS is sooo much better than STO's. Probably a reason why CO hasn't had a sale: an obvious cash grab to pay CBS for the licensing fee.

Back in March I got tired of waiting for a sale and got the LTS at full price. Sucks that I wasted 6 months of vet reward time. Oh well. Dunno why they don't have an annual Christmas season LTS sale.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wouldnt suggest buying a LTS for Champs, the money will just go to Neverwinter. I would buy it when the money will go to this game.
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!