test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alts in Hideouts

keshmarchkeshmarch Posts: 59 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Suggestions Box
I was sitting alone in my hideout earlier today, and I got to thinking how neat it would be if you could toggle your alts appearing in your hideout. Have them sitting in chairs, standing around talking with each other, or walking around making them seem busy.

A nice feature would be to choose where each of your alts are located in your hideout and what they'd be doing. The max number of characters could scale with your current character's level(considering that hideout settings change for each character). Say a level 10 could only have 5 alts around the hideout, while a level 40 could have up to 20.

Also, maybe you could enter a few lines each of your characters would say in "NPC mode" in your base.

Just a random fun idea.
Tark%20Signature_zpscmqoxjfn.png~original
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Custom npcs have been suggested in the official Hideout Functionality Thread. Its one of if not the most demanded aesthetic features.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I fully support this idea. Over in STO it's the same with the ship and starbase interiors that they're full of random NPC's to make it fell busy, but on the bridge you get your team of customized officers. With the foundry it's possible to place and direct the action as well for any NPC you toss in as well, so it's already doable in terms of whats in the system and what isn't. Overall though it would be a nice touch to the hideouts since they've been forgotten already on the dev side as well as making my heroes feel like they're part of the same world since they'd be able to interact finally.
  • Options
    leihngweileihngwei Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The basement hideouts would get crowded real quick. Unless you have a couple around the "chair" with a nemesis strapped in. :wink:
  • Options
    sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Could also be a handy way to add that 'switching characters without logging out' feature that people have been asking for- walk up to the appropriate alt, click on the blue bar, and "hey, presto!"- you're the character you were speaking to. Leave the hideout to go back to wherever that alt was last exploring.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Custom npcs have been suggested in the official Hideout Functionality Thread. Its one of if not the most demanded aesthetic features.
    Wow, I had no idea.I thought that it wouldn't have been even suggested before, otherwise I would've searched before making the thread. Thanks!
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want pet duty officers like in STO, maybe contacts, some policemen, newspaper workers, and some other henchmen sitting around my base!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Love the idea of Custom NPCs! It's so simple to create NPC pathing.. The model that performs the action shouldn't be so hard.

Only real issue I see is the amount of information coming from each user Per Custom NPC so they would have to limit:

1) The number of Custom NPCs players can use
    2) The area where your NPCs are (private instances only.. so hideouts are great, but supergroups would be harder to impliment.. just means more data coming from client to server)
    3) How often the NPCs load.. as with Emotes and other things that come from your client to the server, most times other players can only see them when they are activated after the viewing user, your invited player(s), has entered the instance.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mom washing your tights in Mom's Basement.
    Random villain getting some shocktreatment in Vigilante Basement.
    Butler bringing some tea and crumpets in Industrial Cave.
    Alien chicks playing low gravity volleyball in 60's Moonbase.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    Love the idea of Custom NPCs! It's so simple to create NPC pathing.. The model that performs the action shouldn't be so hard.

Only real issue I see is the amount of information coming from each user Per Custom NPC so they would have to limit:

1) The number of Custom NPCs players can use
    2) The area where your NPCs are (private instances only.. so hideouts are great, but supergroups would be harder to impliment.. just means more data coming from client to server)
    3) How often the NPCs load.. as with Emotes and other things that come from your client to the server, most times other players can only see them when they are activated after the viewing user, your invited player(s), has entered the instance.
    I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't every other character-specific hideout setting server-side? Why would NPC placement be any different?
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Mom washing your tights in Mom's Basement.
    Random villain getting some shocktreatment in Vigilante Basement.
    Butler bringing some tea and crumpets in Industrial Cave.
    Alien chicks playing low gravity volleyball in 60's Moonbase.

Lol + /Signed
    Though should probably be perhaps more like go-go dancing rather than volleyball
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?