test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Graphics

kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PC & Technical Issues
Is there a way I can get the same level of character detail in game as I do in the Character Creator? Is there a slider or option I haven't tried that I'm missing?

See:

Costume_kojirohellfire_Destructeon_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_408249346.jpg

screenshot_2012-12-07-18-55-08.jpg

All textural definition seems to be lost and I'm at a loss at trying to figure out how to get close to the Costume Creator's level of detail.

My comp possesses:
Windows Vista
AMD Phenom x4 9750 Quad Core
8GB RAM
750GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You probably has the option 'Raise settings in character creator' marked. Unmark it and the Character Creator is on same settings as the game. So that leads to 'the same level of character detail in game as I do in the Character Creator' part. :rolleyes:
    OR.
    There are multiple options in Video settings to up the graphics in game. Just need to mark the 'Show advanced video settings' option. Plenty of sliders and other options there.
    OR.
    Simply find a higher quality graphics card for better performance.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    You probably has the option 'Raise settings in character creator' marked. Unmark it and the Character Creator is on same settings as the game. So that leads to 'the same level of character detail in game as I do in the Character Creator' part. :rolleyes:

Not desired. This is the exact opposite of what I want.
    OR.
    There are multiple options in Video settings to up the graphics in game. Just need to mark the 'Show advanced video settings' option. Plenty of sliders and other options there.

Tried that (how do you think I disabled comic outlines?). None of them seem to improve the appearance. Which is odd, as I've been able to crank up graphics on other games (although performance can suffer for going too high).
    OR.
    Simply find a higher quality graphics card for better performance.

Not an option. Limited budget, and I'd need to get a more powerful PCU to provide the power required for a better graphics card.

Further, this last point confuses me. If I can see what everything really looks like in the character creator, why can't I see what it looks like in play? If it were the "limits" of my graphics card, would not the character creator be limited to the same simplicity I see in play?
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    check your shadow settings that's where you are missing the details, turn of post processing to save on resources
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Shadows? Okay, I'll try that out.
  • Options
    jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    its shadow texture or something like that, im macside at starbucks atm so i cant check
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That looks like it might be the difference between setting "lighting quality" (in the advanced graphics options, under performance) on low vs high.

Try setting lighting quality to high and see if that helps out.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Please list all video setting or pics of settings. I am to stupid to know all of them but I can usually find Waldo in a crowd.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    character texture quality set to 200%
    and reflection for the gloss
    settings.png
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Yeah, thanks. It all worked.
  • Options
    fernaseafernasea Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem. Sort of. I did add the lighting quality and it gave detail to her clothing but it just won't look right.

Character creation gives plenty of detail as the other had mentioned earlier....

DelphicCC_zps58058b03.jpg

So it's just a bit disappointing to go in game and it look like this.

DelphicINGAME_zps56696e2c.jpg

After the details with her clothing were placed back on with the help of the lighting quality; I wanted to see if I could manage to make it look like the character creation but... I guess I'm just not doing it right. I think the costume is a really important thing when it comes to hero games so I just can't stand it looking this way!

If anyone have any other suggestions other then what was mentioned above or variations of it, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh, by the way, I updated my drivers and ect. So I'm rather sure that's not the problem. So any other suggestions would be lovely.
  • Options
    tomaantomaan Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fernasea wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem. Sort of. I did add the lighting quality and it gave detail to her clothing but it just won't look right.

Character creation gives plenty of detail as the other had mentioned earlier....

If anyone have any other suggestions other then what was mentioned above or variations of it, I would greatly appreciate it. Oh, by the way, I updated my drivers and ect. So I'm rather sure that's not the problem. So any other suggestions would be lovely.

You're ultimately limited by the quality of your machine; you can raise in-game graphics to the level of the creator, but will experience some SERIOUS performance issues if you don't have a rig that can handle them.

If you do...set everything on max and enjoy. If you don't, you'll have to make some compromises (i.e. view distance, resolution, post-processing, game-world texture quality, etc.) to try to find the right balance of quality and performance.