test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I the only one who thinks Teleiosaurus Pheremones are kinda crazy?

keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I've seen them used in Alerts, where they just steamroll everything.

I've seen them used in Stronghold PvP, where they just clutter things and become very annoying to deal with, much like pre-On Alert petspam.

I've seen them used in Gravitar, where the one time I decided to try melee tanking the raptors kept on pushing me around and ... I think they actually kept others from getting hurt due to a target limit on Gravitar's bubbles, I'm not sure.

I realize that some people paid 5000 G + just to have these things, but now that they're semi-widely available, I'm beginning to realize just how annoying they are. What's worse is that a bunch of them can be slotted at once! Five Teleiosaur Pheremones all firing at once, leading to a constant stream of annoying raptors!

The worst part is all of the obnoxious roaring they do. All roaring, all the time, 24/7, and I'm going to hear those annoying roars all the way to my deathbed. :|

Something's gotta give.
Post edited by keikomyst on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was there with you. It was like Jurassic Park on Cocaine in that Gravitar alert.

As if Gravitar isn't obnoxious enough as it is.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was there with you. It was like Jurassic Park on Cocaine in that Gravitar alert.

As if Gravitar isn't obnoxious enough as it is.

Wait until you realize that a bunch of melee pets around Gravi means there's nowhere safe to stand to reduce your chances of getting double cascaded.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    isometryisometry Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Think about it: what is the goal of CO? Obviously it is to sell cosmic keys and make money. Why would they nerf an overpowered item that motivates people to buy cosmic keys?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    Wait until you realize that a bunch of melee pets around Gravi means there's nowhere safe to stand to reduce your chances of getting double cascaded.

Yes. I don't care what anyone says about Gravitar being 'fine'. This alert is outright silly.

There is something wrong when I get one-shotted out of nowhere.

There is something wrong when I get rez'd 100 feet away and get one-shotted while trying to charge my Concentration.

There is something wrong when I get rez'd and I get one-shotted instantly.

There is something wrong when the Cascades- I watched her launch 8 of these in random directions in rapid fire. I mean, like- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. No pause.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    isometry wrote: »
    Think about it: what is the goal of CO? Obviously it is to sell cosmic keys and make money. Why would they nerf an overpowered item that motivates people to buy cosmic keys?

Yeah... I should get a cut for all that advertising or at least a discount on the Z-store hehe. I want 20 mones hahaha. But I don't want to pay for them :(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted

There is something wrong when I get rez'd and I get one-shotted instantly.

The problem, imo, is that folks are used to running easy mode through stuff, without the use of DEDICATED support toons. (key word: dedicated-meaning all heals, buff survival to team, etc).

My point? Make it any easier, and there will still be a shortage of support toons.

Why do I mention DEDICATED support toons? Because a DEDICATED support toon will make even the most squishiest of all characters, even say Inferno AT, live through Gravitar fight. Granted, that they do they're part to stay alive as well.

There isn't a real, real need to have a DEDICATED support toon, so let's hope for content such as Gravitar to keep coming.
    Light Star Alliance (my toons with build guides & videos)
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    About Gravitar, some mercy invincibility for recently ressed players would be nice where you're immune to her damage for 10 or 15 seconds so you could get your forms back up and get your bearings.

I also want to see resses go the way of the dinosaur and allow everyone to pick defeated allies up and/or allow healers to use their heals to revive downed players, but that's for another thread.

I'm just complaining about these Pheremones. Slot one and you've basically got a free pet power that dominates all of the other pet powers in the game. Slot any more and you have an unstoppable, annoying raptor army. This used to be impossible pre-On Alert because the Pheremones were a Primary Utility and you couldn't equip multiples of those unless you farmed Teleiosaurus forever.

And the only reason I can think of to nerf it so only one can be equipped at a time is people paid a bunch of money for these things. >_>
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    l1ghtstar wrote: »
    The problem, imo, is that folks are used to running easy mode through stuff, without the use of DEDICATED support toons. (key word: dedicated-meaning all heals, buff survival to team, etc).

My point? Make it any easier, and there will still be a shortage of support toons.

Why do I mention DEDICATED support toons? Because a DEDICATED support toon will make even the most squishiest of all characters, even say Inferno AT, live through Gravitar fight. Granted, that they do they're part to stay alive as well.

There isn't a real, real need to have a DEDICATED support toon, so let's hope for content such as Gravitar to keep coming.

Here's the thing- I run the game in Elite. I have a very capable build. But it seems like these are the two responses I get when I say Gravitar is ridiculous, and here are my responses to them:

"You need a competent build."

What this person means is that I need a -specific- build. If success in this game means picking a very specific set of powers, then they might as well scrap the freeform idea and just make a bunch of clown-build, role-specific Archetypes for everyone.

"You need a good group."

Good. Please teach me how I can choose this in a Gravitar PUG.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its the first ever device I would love to see nuked from the face of the game. I have 3 unbound that I will never sell and will most likely trash due to my UNFETTERED HATRED of this device!
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2012
    They're crazy. Definitely crazy.
    I'm surprised they can be stacked, actually. The other passive like devices do not stack.
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's the thing- I run the game in Elite. I have a very capable build. But it seems like these are the two responses I get when I say Gravitar is ridiculous, and here are my responses to them:

"You need a competent build."

What this person means is that I need a -specific- build. If success in this game means picking a very specific set of powers, then they might as well scrap the freeform idea and just make a bunch of clown-build, role-specific Archetypes for everyone.

"You need a good group."

Good. Please teach me how I can choose this in a Gravitar PUG.

Agreed completely with both your statements.

I'm not picking on you, just venting out.

My point is, there is no real support toons, which, imo, would make a hell of a lot of difference in any content (a somewhat example is Sky Defense alert). The thing is, imo, that since folks are used to easy content which really doesn't require support toons (DEDICATED), support toons are not created by many folks. Since there aren't that any folks running full on dedicated support toons, then that's why we have the PuGs we have now.

When the few folks who decided to stick around and que up for gravitar regularly, what happened? More folks started fitting in some sort of support (not dedicated) in the shape of Rez powers. Many folks I join in on Gravitar PuGs have'm. This, imo, proves my point that harder content will push for what I call DEDICATED support toons.

Anyways, im rambling off, off the topic. Gotta get back to my HW :eek:
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light
  • Options
    lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Personally, I've always found it cool to see the kind of things (powers or devices) the gamemakers come up with. So I have no problem with the device. It's cool to see these things in action and pretty funny to see them all over the place. I don't see what the big deal is, quite honestly.
    Agreed completely with both your statements.

I'm not picking on you, just venting out.

My point is, there is no real support toons, which, imo, would make a hell of a lot of difference in any content (a somewhat example is Sky Defense alert). The thing is, imo, that since folks are used to easy content which really doesn't require support toons (DEDICATED), support toons are not created by many folks. Since there aren't that any folks running full on dedicated support toons, then that's why we have the PuGs we have now.

When the few folks who decided to stick around and que up for gravitar regularly, what happened? More folks started fitting in some sort of support (not dedicated) in the shape of Rez powers. Many folks I join in on Gravitar PuGs have'm. This, imo, proves my point that harder content will push for what I call DEDICATED support toons.

Anyways, im rambling off, off the topic. Gotta get back to my HW :eek:

Or people will just avoid that content altogether. Wasn't Gravitar needing 10 people before now needing 8? Weren't there threads with people complaining about people not joining up for Gravitar? Isn't it common to see people complain about no one queing up for Gravitar? In any case I think more people would be more likely to use truly dedicated toons if people did not get down on support toons so often. I'm not saying anyone in this thread has done that but I've seen too much of that and experienced much of that myself.
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • Options
    vizzonevizzone Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As the proud owner of my very own raptor army....

Yes.

I love them, but the constantly spawning dinosaurs, virtually no recharge time, combined with the excellent damage makes them much better than the other Legacy Devices from the Lockboxes.

For example, my tank has them. Lee Tosi got them during the first night the Drifter stocked them. I traded a friend for them, then bought a box and got another set. We traded again, and now they have their own pair! But the point I'm trying to make doesn't really have to do with that.

Tosi is made for holding aggro through constant boasting/belittling/being so annoying bosses only attack him. He usually keeps the bosses focused on trying to smash his perfect face into pulp, but he's not so good at doing damage. Before I activated the Pheromones, he was routinely getting less than 100k points in Dawn of the Undead Heroes. After I got the dinosaurs? He was coming first in several fights, even with DPS characters present. And I only had one device.

I don't want them to be nerfed (though I'd still use them if they were), but I have to admit they're very powerful.
  • Options
    lexdominolexdomino Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Saw it for the first time last night and thought someone was hacking or something. I kept seeing the number of pets she had grow and she was dueling people constantly pretty much insta-killing them.

Why is this garbage in game? It's very off-putting.

Considering the number of pets already available I don't even see why this is a thing.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Not only that; they also sta-
    keikomyst wrote: »
    ... What's worse is that a bunch of them can be slotted at once! Five Teleiosaur Pheremones all firing at once, leading to a constant stream of annoying raptors!

I need to read the OP post closer.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    ariesmajorariesmajor Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I've seen that guy, hes all about them teliosaurs, he was using a full pet build last I saw him, but yeah, he carries a small fortress of pets everywhere.
    I don't see any problem with it, part of his character. If his power stacking is causing you discomfort ask him to put up a different pet or not use teliosaurs in his dps.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Honest question,

How does an all heals support toon prevent someone from being one shotted ?

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Honest question,

By taking Redemption. Oh wait, you said prevent. Bubbles.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • Options
    falchoinfalchoin Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ashensnow wrote: »
    Honest question,

Bubbles and/or AoRP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's sooooo fun constantly bubbling a team of ten people just so they don't die in one hit from randomly targeted unsignaled, uncharged nukes. Oh! Especially with that awesome alert AI that doesn't work with my ally targeting binds.

Whoops. Sorry. Dipped into sarcastic douchebag mode for a moment there. Kinda hard not to when someone is trying to justify Gravitar with supports.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    sagewithbubblessagewithbubbles Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Telly Pheromones were considered the nuclear option (back when Hero Games existed) for a reason.

The user formerly known as Dr. Sage.
    haven't seen them except in videos, and what I've heard on forums. My reaction?

It's a good thing there is no win in CO, otherwise these things might qualify as pay-to-win.

I been a long time leaving but I'm going to be a long time gone.

Willie Nelson

T.U.F.K.A.S. (the user formerly known as Scarlyng)
    Wrong on the CO forums since November, 2008
  • Options
    ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I complained about legacy devices being stackable and having their cooldowns lowered by means of revitalize and such during their first day on PTS but everyone else was too busy with the small power changes to really take any notice. So /meh to you all now.

Anyway, Yes having a pet summoning toggle that doesn't decrease your energy management by any means and out-preforms all other existing pets is a tad crazy. They also have much more hp and cannot fly nor have the pet aoe buff.

With all that said I enjoy my babies! I use my babies as 15 free hp and extra aggro. If you have a problem with them then I am sorry but I won't stop using them as I see fit.

Personally I'm more concerned with certain exploits available in-game that cryptic still sells in their z-store...do they seriously not know of them?

For the gravitar bit:

Day 1: OMG ONE SHOTZ ALL THE TIME!!
    Patch 1: OMG SMOKE GRENADE! is that skarn's bane....nah..
    Patch 2: OMG ONE SHOTZ ALL THE TIME!! WTF DEVS YOU BROKE IT AGAIN!!
    Patch 3: OMG STILL SMOKE GRENADE!? AND NOW SKARN'S BANE!? WTF TAKE THOSE AWAY WE WANT CHALLENGE!!
    Patch 4: OMG N()()Bz L2P! WAIT...SKARN'S BANE DOESN'T WORK NOW? WTF!?!?
    Present Day: Gravitar is only for self-supporting tanks who use 'cookie' cutter builds specifically for it. Gravitar is just a waste of an alert spot. -Insert other comments shunning the alert altogether-

TLDR: There is no pleasing you! So.....wanna please me instead? ^,~
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ayonachan wrote: »
    For the gravitar bit:

Day 1: OMG ONE SHOTZ ALL THE TIME!!
    Patch 1: OMG SMOKE GRENADE! is that skarn's bane....nah..
    Patch 2: OMG ONE SHOTZ ALL THE TIME!! WTF DEVS YOU BROKE IT AGAIN!!
    Patch 3: OMG STILL SMOKE GRENADE!? AND NOW SKARN'S BANE!? WTF TAKE THOSE AWAY WE WANT CHALLENGE!!
    Patch 4: OMG N()()Bz L2P! WAIT...SKARN'S BANE DOESN'T WORK NOW? WTF!?!?
    Present Day: Gravitar is only for self-supporting tanks who use 'cookie' cutter builds specifically for it. Gravitar is just a waste of an alert spot. -Insert other comments shunning the alert altogether-

My god thats such an accurate account of what happened it actually makes me sad :(
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I dunno...if the Raptors are "your babies", wouldn't that mean you're a Teleiosaurus?

I mean, I've had stranger dates, but still.

I dunno...if the Raptors are "your babies", wouldn't that mean you're a Teleiosaurus?

I mean, I've had stranger dates, but still.

Does my answer really matter? I mean, I'm pretty much saying that I want it so...is there really a problem with me being a teleiosaurus?

"Nut up or shut up."
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Does my answer really matter? I mean, I'm pretty much saying that I want it so...is there really a problem with me being a teleiosaurus?

"Nut up or shut up."

I dunno. If you're still "wrestling" with Qwyjibo like all those load screens indicate, it might get weird.

"Crushed by rampaging, heartbroken boyfriend that's also a 50-foot tall monkey that's on fire" weird.

And if I plead self-defense? Probably get sued for killing an endangered species.

Seems like there's a lot of potential baggage there. You'd better be a good cook or something.

And if I plead self-defense? Probably get sued for killing an endangered species.

Seems like there's a lot of potential baggage there. You'd better be a good cook or something.

I dunno. If you're still "wrestling" with Qwyjibo like all those load screens indicate, it might get weird.

"Crushed by rampaging, heartbroken boyfriend that's also a 50-foot tall monkey that's on fire" weird.

Here I re-ordered it for you, no need to thank me.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Here I re-ordered it for you, no need to thank me.

Not quite the "or something" talent I had in mind. :cool:

In order to avoid a seemingly pointless conversation I shall now re-post other crap from the past!

Most I've ever had out at once was 12 and that was with 3 on and I was idling

Most damage they ever did was 2k and even then it is once then the dino that did it poofs before they can do it again. Most of the time they do around 250/500 base damage...Radiation Breath deals 1k Damage every time they use it and they tend to use it right as combat begins(Hatchlings). They also have no defense penetration nor do they have the ability to block any attacks.

So yea they can do the 13k burst damage(Considering you have 13 of them out right as combat begins) but otherwise they just add aggro for you to handle in whichever way you choose...Oh and they have 8283(Hatchlings) or 13527(Coruscators) hp

Mitigation for both is pretty much what a villain has but Coruscators have slightly more..like insignificantly 'more'

Highest Damaging attacks are
    Hatchling: Radiation Breath 1.2k
    Coruscator: Raptor Foot Stomp 1.9k, Spit Blast 2k

Regular attacks are
    Hatchling: Raptor Bite, Lunge, Spit all do around the same base damage of 300-600
    Coruscator: Radiation Storm Max of around 200 Base damage, Spit(Comparable to a hatchling's spit and sets itself at 800 max with a 400 min)

They attack around at once every second and their charge-up time is either 1.5 seconds or 2.5 seconds

That being said the numbers above come directly from level 38-40 mobs attacking level 40 dinos and the mobs themselves are henchmen-villain ranked

You can directly compare a small collection of 5 of them as an extra player's worth of dps but survivability varies depending on the task at hand...they tend to take a cascade better than that squishy but cannot see the targeted hold about to burst on their face...or even the AoE that is a few seconds away from bursting on their helpless floating bodies..

They cannot fly they can only jump...even then they will not follow you to most places..They can scale very few walls but not jump a two foot gap..

Do you really need these to complete various things? No, but I like to do the dino walk and the dino head bob!
    Do they break the game? There was a reason why they were unique gear.
    Should they be nerfed? They aren't as OP as backups..but Eruption should be nerfed so why not smack the whole lot of 'em with the nerf ball!
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »

I have a mastermind-analogue.

I do not have this device on her (yet) (as I'm waiting to see if the devs respond to the nerf-herding prior to spending the cash to get them).

What she does have is eight power points dedicated to summoning controllable pets. Of those pets, she has a minimum of four and a maximum of eight pets which prefer to be in melee range. If I ever took her into a Gravitar Rampage, you wouldn't need to worry about the dinosaurs removing your ability to avoid the cascades. :biggrin:

Of course, she is also a passive support build with self-rez, team-rez, sentinel aura 3/3, R3 AoED, etc ...

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't use any telieosaurus pheromones and do not intend to because they do not fit any of my themes. Sure there are some who use them for greater DPS and aggro. So? Why the nerf herding? You can get your own if you feel SO disadvantaged. People paid money for them, people spent time farming to pay for them so is a post on forum going to wipe out all the money and effort that people put into the game?

If you do not wish to spend and do not put in the time for the game then do not expect to be performing as good as someone else who does.
  • Options
    nazacanazaca Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't use any telieosaurus pheromones and do not intend to because they do not fit any of my themes. Sure there are some who use them for greater DPS and aggro. So? Why the nerf herding? You can get your own if you feel SO disadvantaged. People paid money for them, people spent time farming to pay for them so is a post on forum going to wipe out all the money and effort that people put into the game?

If you do not wish to spend and do not put in the time for the game then do not expect to be performing as good as someone else who does.

They appear to be repeating a behavioral strategy that has produced results previously. See the changes made to the backup devices for the most recent example that I can think of.

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • Options
    honestresearcherhonestresearcher Posts: 657 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I agree with this post.

I have spent over 20,000G (earned over 3 years) to have 4 of them on one toon. If they get nerfed into the ground..you can bet i'll be after compensation.

They are only very powerful when youre being lucky, and if youre unlucky not many will be out at once. If youre going to nerf them, just reduce the newly found ones and leave the originals (and what has already been unlocked) alone, too much Globals and items have been lost to aqcuire these, and i dont think Cryptic needs that type of raging mob forming after theyve wasted all their resources in game earned from years of work.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    nazaca wrote: »
    They appear to be repeating a behavioral strategy that has produced results previously. See the changes made to the backup devices for the most recent example that I can think of.

What did they do to Backup Devices? I was gone from the game for that... But I've seen some Backup Devices used on Mega D and they took about 1/3rd of his HP haha. Mones are not that powerful because you have to make your build around them to get the best results. And for me, Kroll's theme(my dino army toon with the original + 4legacy device mones... looking for my last set hehe) is more important than raw DPS numbers. As a side note, my toon Tito has more DPS than Kroll... and Tito is a controller toon that uses Manipulator hehe. I've seen many people with dino armies running around, I hope we don't get nerfed over space next to Gravitar, steamrolling easy mode Alerts, or stage 4 ball cancer PvP as the OP mentions... and the roaring? well that's just awesome hehe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    I have spent over 20,000G (earned over 3 years) to have 4 of them on one toon. If they get nerfed into the ground..you can bet i'll be after compensation.

They are only very powerful when youre being lucky, and if youre unlucky not many will be out at once. If youre going to nerf them, just reduce the newly found ones and leave the originals (and what has already been unlocked) alone, too much Globals and items have been lost to aqcuire these, and i dont think Cryptic needs that type of raging mob forming after theyve wasted all their resources in game earned from years of work.

exactly the same situation as with the backups, didnt stop them nerfing them, and not giving any compensation though.
  • Options
    l1ghtstarl1ghtstar Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    falchoin wrote: »
    Bubbles and/or AoRP.

thanks. Don't forget about ebon sigils too.AoRP will keepm alive in a Grav fight.

Dedicated support are NOT all heals only toons.
    Nature Powerset
    @Man.of.Light