test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Smoochy's Rules For Enjoying CO

smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
RULE #1. Stop caring about progression. Focus on the moment, rather than the reward.

RULE #1. Go to the tailor everyday. You change your clothes everyday, why shouldn't your character?

RULE #1. Stop caring about being the best. Abandon build min/maxing, forget about the rules, ignore what other people say you should do.

RULE #1. Run around. Go for a high speed run around a zone using acrobatics, super jump, or super speed and try to be all parkorjackiechan about it. I recommend Monster Island.

RULE #1. Join hero games and don't try to win. Laugh when you lose, laugh about how good some people's builds are, laugh about people teaming up in bash. Laugh at how unkillable that last survivor in ZA is. Laugh at how quickly that zombie killed everyone. At the end of the match, laugh about how there's no downside to losing. Laugh at yourself for caring that someone might think you're a noob.

RULE #1. Go fast hard and deep. Pull too many mobs, pull the entire alert. Laugh if it doesn't work out. Laugh harder if someone gets mad about it.

RULE #1. Go up to random people and say weird perverted things to them.

Rule #1. Forgive others for failing, laugh at yourself for getting mad in a situation where the end result never actually mattered.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
Post edited by smoochan on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, Rule #1 is especially important.

:smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This isn't a bad thread. Not a bad thread at all.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wholeheartedly agree with Rule #1.

Be the hero you want to be.
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    RULE #1: Don't do math and sequential numbers, because math and things following a logical order is bad.
    Rule no #34. Do not anger the furries in the club.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    smoochan wrote: »

RULE #1. Run around. Go for a high speed run around a zone using acrobatics, super jump, or super speed and try to be all parkorjackiechan about it. I recommend Monster Island.
    I recommend acrobatics and/or athletics at full chargeup running backwards. It is an AWESOME backflip over and over and over. I occasionally do laps this way around the whole rencen while waiting for teammates or queues or sometimes just for fun.

On my extra-super-ginormous bunny, it's kinda hypnotic.

Also, if you have a melee character it is fun to note that unlike other games (*cough* COX *cough*) a chargeup attack will FAIL if the target moves away. Fun on some of the big boss melee hits. LEarning to parkour your way in and out of melee, and the cool things you can do combining knock, leap, and lunge powers is not only fun but actually useful.
    Rule #1. Forgive others for failing, laugh at yourself for getting mad in a situation where the end result never actually mattered.
    this reminds me a lot of Nethergoat's often repeated comment about why he overpaid for everything on the auctionhouse: What else am I going to spend my imaginary money on?

At the end of the day, none of the rewards are truly permanent or really matter. What matters is did you have fun.
  • Options
    titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So just be myself... Got it hehe. Except for hero games, I do all of that every day and I love this game more than I hate it so that stuff works.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted
    What about Rule #1? to follow Rule #1 of course! Reference to Rule #1 for more information on Rule #1.
  • Options
    towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Rule #1a: I can't kill anybody, so don't ask.

Rule #1b: I can't make anybody fall in love with anybody else.

Rule #1c: I can't bring people back from the dead.

Rule #1d: If this is your first night in CO, you have to complete a cage match.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xaogarrent wrote: »
    This isn't a bad thread. Not a bad thread at all.
    I completely agree. It's a nice OP. To be honest, it's nice to have a game like this where you can just have fun for a change instead of turning vertical progression and having the largest numbers into some kind of crazy fetish. I like CO because it's fun. I've always liked CO because it's fun. And I will continue to like CO because of that same damn reason.

It's not all about being Mr. Edward Peen. If you're playing the game that way, then you need a different game.
  • Options
    helbjornhelbjorn Posts: 678 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Rules #1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and 1 I wholeheartedly agree with.

Rules #1 and 1, however, I must respectfully disagree with.

Overall, excellent OP. Would read again.
  • Options
    forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I enjoyed this.
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • Options
    xgcoxgco Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Excellent I think it deserves a sticky.

One of my favorite things to do is to just use my travel power and just mess around in RenCen while either waiting for a queue to pop up or or while just waiting for something to inspire me. If you see Frost Dude sliding around here and there on an ice surf board that's me. Say hi!

New favorite thing is to put bubble on people and NPCs. My Radiant character, Silverlight just hit 40 yesterday and the top of my specifications tree gave me the ability to add a shield of defense based on how long I heal. I'm pretty sure I was annoying people yesterday putting bubble on them and anyone nearby lol.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Fun is always important.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    xgco wrote: »
    One of my favorite things to do is to just use my travel power and just mess around in RenCen while either waiting for a queue to pop up or or while just waiting for something to inspire me.

Myself and a friend commonly just do laps around rencen, chatting while doing the loops and either waiting for an alert or just screwing around.

Actually I'm doing it right now. :tongue:

Also, all rules directly correlate to rule 1.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And Rule #2?

We don't talk about rule #2.
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Shouldn't there be a rule about not talking about fight club?
  • Options
    thekinradthekinrad Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am confused on the difference between rule #1 and rule #1, can someone please explain? Preferably with charts and/or graphs?
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    thekinrad wrote: »
    I am confused on the difference between rule #1 and rule #1, can someone please explain? Preferably with charts and/or graphs?

291635623_c389454338.jpg
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Aha! Thank you very much spyralpegacyon! :)
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It all makes sense now. Thats how were all gonna die at the end of December ...at the hands of a giant PAC MAN! The Mayans were right!
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Right Nepht... you've written a lot of weird poorly concieved posts... but that...

Yeah, while you're all like "zomg, the giant packman!" I'm going to be preparing for the true threat... the little piece that looks like a slice of blueberry pie.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Mmmm.... Pie.... -=drool=-
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like this except for Rule #1f = I have enough people telling me they want to ERP with my chars V_V.

If I want to join hero games it would be to allow other people to get rewards, I am horrendous at making PvP builds myself so I'm better off standing around allowing other people to one shot me xD

Perhaps I should make a char called The Farming Dummy for PvP?
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    RULE #1. Go fast hard and deep. Pull too many mobs, pull the entire alert. Laugh if it doesn't work out. Laugh harder if someone gets mad about it.

This rule number one is oneier than the rest. I love doing this. I don't do it in alerts, unless I'm with people I know.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Right Nepht... you've written a lot of weird poorly concieved posts... but that...

Yeah, while you're all like "zomg, the giant packman!" I'm going to be preparing for the true threat... the little piece that looks like a slice of blueberry pie.

Don't you mean strawberry? It is pink, after all.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Purple on my monitor. Go calibrate! :P
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    My monitor is just fine, thank you very much. Me thinks you need to hit the gamma settings on yours.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2012

BY THE GADS! How could I have missed the threat of hidden pie! We are all doomed :O
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    My monitor is just fine, thank you very much. Me thinks you need to hit the gamma settings on yours.

I can assure you that if my monitor was miscalibrated, my boss would take issue with the work I do. It ain't pink.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's pink. Purple is darker than that.
  • Options
    visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It looks Fuchsia* on my screen. You're both wrong (and kinda right at the same time) :tongue:

*Actually, just a tiny hint darker than that. In between that, and this.
    edited December 2012
    I've only seen a pie of that color once. I ran away from it and never looked back.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It looks Fuchsia* on my screen. You're both wrong (and kinda right at the same time) :tongue:

*Actually, just a tiny hint darker than that. In between that, and this.

Hmm... I can see it, somewhat. I was leaning more hot pink or deep pink, but fuschia's fair.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hmm... I can see it, somewhat. I was leaning more hot pink or deep pink, but fuschia's fair.

If Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle spent a friendship filled night together in a hot tub, the water might be that color. Pie plz.

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Is that Resistance Speak?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    If Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle spent a friendship filled night together in a hot tub, the water might be that color. Pie plz.

No! Bad Smoo! Bad!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hot pink? Your monitor is on fire. That color is not pink, it's a low-saturation purple. Y'all be crazies!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    This is purple.

600px-Button-Purple.svg_.png

That other? It's either hot pink or fuchsia.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Okay fine, the color pink has lots of blue in it. :rolleyes:
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Funny... I didn't see any blue in there. :tongue:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    R 153
    G 51
    B 101
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Wait that's not a good argument. Haha.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    No. It's not.

Hot_Pink.jpg

R 251
    G 41
    B 103

And my software shows that they're very close together on the color wheel.
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That shizz is purple-colored yo.The section in the pie char.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Funny then how it's closer to the pinks on my software's color wheel than the purples.
  • Options
    stmothstmoth Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    purpleish.png

That's the color of the pie section. Zooming it out, it's slightly more pink-looking now, but it's hardly a vibrant shade of pink.
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What about the most important rule?

Rule #1) Cookies.