What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patchclient got message

mog555mog555 Posts: 95 Arc User
edited December 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
I just got this problem today after log out from the game

I tried to re-log multiple times but same problem

After the small window show Tried Connecting 2 times, it's will pop a window say "The patcherclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

So anyone can help me with this problem?

EDIT: Look like a lot of people got this problem, and not just CO
Post edited by mog555 on

Comments

• Options
    ammo3656ammo3656 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here. Was all good until a few moments ago.... :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Lemme guess................. work normally until you Exit the game, after a short moment start the launcher then got this issue?

Anyone else got is problem?
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Tried to play some tonight, got the same problem. It's occuring with all of Cryptic's games that use the same patcher at the moment.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    blueionstormzblueionstormz Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Experiencing the same situation.
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hope we can play after the maintain, Miss my Fenrir already
  • Options
    neodefender1neodefender1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can someone upload a working launcher please...? Maybe it will resolve problem fast and simply...
  • Options
    abluefishabluefish Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    a perfect world is doing great -- week later and still can't play -- AWESOME~!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It's got fix all by itself, but let see how long since it an unknown issue that happened in the past
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Still doesn't work for me. Hopefully as above, it'll be fixed soon.
    "Reason can get you to probability, but only commitment can get you to certainty." - Timothy Keller
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    poprockz415poprockz415 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just tried to log and still got the same song :confused::frown::mad:
  • Options
    poprockz415poprockz415 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I give up... Can't enjoy all the cool new stuff if I can't play :frown:
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Guys, guys. It's working as intended. Don't you realise they just put a sale on. As with all sales/events, they make it so that the game is unplayable.

We'll all miraculously be able to play the second the sale ends.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Haha, surely you jest skcark. :rolleyes:

I've tried logging in using another computer/internet connection. Strangely enough, it seem to work fine.

I'm thinking it has to do with my internet connection. Maybe that's the culprit. Though honestly, I have no difficulty connecting to other sites. :confused:

Oh well. Missing my toons already. Honestly, this is a great game for me. I'm thoroughly enjoying my experience here and I've met some great people in game. So would like to log in again soon. :smile:
    Archived CO Wiki site
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Haha, surely you jest skcark. :rolleyes:

I've tried logging in using another computer/internet connection. Strangely enough, it seem to work fine.

I'm thinking it has to do with my internet connection. Maybe that's the culprit. Though honestly, I have no difficulty connecting to other sites. :confused:

Oh well. Missing my toons already. Honestly, this is a great game for me. I'm thoroughly enjoying my experience here and I've met some great people in game. So would like to log in again soon. :smile:

Am i one of those great people? ;)

And no, internet connection should not pose an issue. I don't know what it is, but connection itself should not be the issue. I can't seem to even find any posts by cryptic addressing this issue, if anyone has seen them comment on it, a link would be appreciated, in the mean time... i guess i'll be back to playing my previous MMO which at least does updates weekly and fixes bugs as they arise.
  • Options
    goldenglow27goldenglow27 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Been having the same problem since 11-22-2012 till now 11-24-2012, Any ways to fix this? I re-downloaded and everything:frown:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Been having the same problem since 11-22-2012 till now 11-24-2012, Any ways to fix this? I re-downloaded and everything:frown:

I think we're all better off just quitting the game, this is a freaking joke. it's been over a damn week and not a single freaking dev has made any comment on this issue. i can't access customer support either, i merged my damn account, and i keep getting redirecting/loop errors when i go through PWE support, You can tell a lot by how long it takes a business to fix their problem, what you can tell from this is cryptic don't really care. for the past year they'd been milking us for money with their crap they add to the store, recycle alerts non stop with no real additional content in form of locations/features/storylines

All they cared about was taking our money, with the implication the money will go to new content, except all they release is more money making schemes they haven't even been fixing much. it's all going to hell.

Why? Because cryptic no longer care. Or else they'd have bloody well fixed this issue by now, they'd have fixed all the issues by now. Instead they only plan for the next Crap bag or Mock Box to sell.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First post in this thread was 11/20. The post you quoted, skcark, cited 11/22 as the first date. Today is 11/25. This is "over a week"?

And of your own admission you have been unable to contact a dev. Apparently, even Customer Service is inaccessible to you, for whatever reason. How, pray tell, are the devs supposed to know there's an issue? Do you suppose they watch for your smiling face each and every day?

Now to something a bit more productive. If everyone having this issue could please post the part of the world you're logging in from, we could try to establish a pattern, because obviously this isn't affecting everyone - there are quite a few people playing even as I type these words.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    First post in this thread was 11/20. The post you quoted, skcark, cited 11/22 as the first date. Today is 11/25. This is "over a week"?

And of your own admission you have been unable to contact a dev. Apparently, even Customer Service is inaccessible to you, for whatever reason. How, pray tell, are the devs supposed to know there's an issue? Do you suppose they watch for your smiling face each and every day?

Now to something a bit more productive. If everyone having this issue could please post the part of the world you're logging in from, we could try to establish a pattern, because obviously this isn't affecting everyone - there are quite a few people playing even as I type these words.

If one must insist of having no life and stalking someone, at least stalk everything they do across everything before you speak.

Also, PWE support =/= CO Support, which i then went to and submitted a ticket and got the email address to the PWE support afterward thorugh one of my un-PWE merged accounts.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From personal experience, this sort of problem has to do with routing problems between the ISP and Cryptic's patch server. The fault lies with neither party. Somewhere along the connection path, a routing server at might have suddenly become faulty.

I'm not going to deny that Cryptic has a history of mediocre customer support, but here's what you can do in the meantime to move forward instead of waiting for a response if you haven't gotten it:

Open up command prompt, type the following commands:

ping patchserver.crypticstudios.com

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

If you get frequent "request timed out" report messages from either, that means there's a routing problem between your ISP and Cryptic's patchserver. The tracert function will indicate the specific routing server addresses that are giving such problems.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you will have to do this by disconnecting your router and connect your PC directly to your modem to eliminate the possibility of a faulty router or bad router settings.

So here's what you can do. Copy the information when each command is executed and paste the information to a txt file. The following link shows how you to do it since it's not as straight forward as regular copy-pasting:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/copy-to-the-clipboard-from-the-windows-command-prompt/

Also, get the following information on your network adaptor with the following command in command prompt:

ipconfig /all

Copy and paste all of the information you get in the same txt file. Send the txt file to your ISP's technical support, tell them that you're having routing problems when trying to connect to patchserver.crypticstudios.com and request for a reroute.

In the meantime, If you have something like a USB dongle with 3G internet access, you can use that to connect to the game launcher and get into the game. Then at the character selection screen, log out to the login screen, tab out to desktop, and switch back to your home internet connection then tab back to the game to log back in. Usually there won't be a problem playing on the actual game server itself, since it's different from the patch server. That's what I did when I was having such a problem and was waiting for my ISP to make a reroute.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the info, i'm a little confused about all the details tracert command is giving, and there's too much to copy, is there a way to copy paste this?

here's what shows for the ping,

Packets: Sent = 4, recieved = 4, Lost = 0 (0% Loss),
    Approximate Round trip in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 237ms, Maximum = 535ms, Average = 314ms

As for the data from traverts, it has 16 "hops"? i think, it said somewhere maximum of 30 hops and counts up to 16, it's got too much to re type.

What do i do with that though? cause judging by the ping at least, it's showing it is reaching to cryptic :S
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    You need only worry about seeing any "request timed out" messages in the traceroute (tracert) report that indicates a problem. It usually won't reach 30 hops unless there are frequent time outs.

16 hops look normal. If you don't get any timed out messages at all then it doesn't look like routing problem, considering that you have 0 packet loss too from your ping. If that's so then it really looks like a problem with the launcher.

I could try uploading a copy of my launcher.exe for download when I get home, or if someone else wants to volunteer to do it.

The howtogeek.com link I provided shows how you can copy and paste the info.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    jennymachx wrote: »
    You need only worry about seeing any "request timed out" messages in the traceroute (tracert) report that indicates a problem. It usually won't reach 30 hops unless there are frequent time outs.

16 hops look normal. If you don't get any timed out messages at all then it doesn't look like routing problem, considering that you have 0 packet loss too from your ping. If that's so then it really looks like a problem with the launcher.

I could try uploading a copy of my launcher.exe for download when I get home, or if someone else wants to volunteer to do it.

The howtogeek.com link I provided shows how you can copy and paste the info.

Okay thanks, someone else mentioned the same thing about the launcher file, i tried looking into it, but i really have no idea how to even switch it or w/e needs to be done exactly.

Also, i don't know if it matters but i play through steam. I think apart from the fact it's in steam, all files are still same though, not certain
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Okay heres the launcher exe file:

https://www.box.com/s/w5jfx36agpr72vl8p8pu

Back up your current file and then replace it with this one. See if it works. Hopefully it does.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, any idea how to do this exactly? I've never had to backup a file and replace it.
  • Options
    makforevermakforever Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I used to had that issue to. Just run the launcher about hundred times and it probably will fix itself.

I'm Mak!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well.. sadly i finally got it working again, except now it seems the area my character is in is causing fatal crashes and all attempts to verify files won't work. It seems to completely skip it even if i go into options and select force verify =\
  • Options
    razorcurerazorcure Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just downloaded the game last night..after CoX died :(
    My internet has been a bit patchy today but everything 'else' is running run now.
    Everything except CO. Running the CO desktop icon, I get the Launcher Autoupdate popping up then it fails to connect with
    'Unable to establish connection to Patch server'
    I tried turning my firewall off (I only run the windows one) and made sure CO is allowed access. No dice. Ran the patch server trace on the previous page and get a timed out the first 2 times, then all the data. So..um. Not sure.
    Trying not to be negative but this much crap just to get the game to even start? I can not even remember being unable to run CoX this much in 8 years.

Ok..downloaded the updated CO.exe the person posted on page 2. NOW it works. And..now its patching. Clearly that fix (just posting the updated exe online) was a bit to hard...Oh well..at least it is doing something.