test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Character Exiting Powerhouse Issue

underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
:mad:Ok, so I made a new character yesterday and ran across something new that I DO NOT LIKE AT ALL.

As soon as I left the Powerhouse I get this Pop-Up that want's to port me all the way out to Kodiak in Westside, DAFUQ? Devs, new toons are suppose to see Defender first and get the quest to see Kodiak, there is even a nice teleporter pad located right next to him. WHY do we need this retarded Pop-Up?

It gets better, I obviously clicked the X as I had no intention of heading out to Westside. I ran an alert and as soon as I zoned back into MC Ren Cen I get the same Pop-Up AGAIN! Seems you'll keep on getting this Pop-Up until you actually break down and go visit the guy. This is LAME!

Devs, Please remove this. It's not needed. You start off with a mission to see Defender. Who is directly in front of you when you exit the Powerhouse with a big yellow question mark over his head. You CAN'T miss him. Then you get the mission to see Kodiak. This new Pop-Up is 100% not needed and only causes an annoyance.:mad:
Post edited by underchicken on

Comments

• Options
    allthebucketsallthebuckets Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even better is the bug that, if you do go and get the mission from Defender, then teleport to Kodiak, you can complete the quest twice!

... Well, it's only 300xp if I remember correctly, but hey! Free XP!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It gets better, I obviously clicked the X as I had no intention of heading out to Westside. I ran an alert and as soon as I zoned back into MC Ren Cen I get the same Pop-Up AGAIN! Seems you'll keep on getting this Pop-Up until you actually break down and go visit the guy. This is LAME!
    So YOU'RE the person giving lowbies a bad name by doing all your leveling through Alerts, not running the Missions...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    So YOU'RE the person giving lowbies a bad name by doing all your leveling through Alerts, not running the Missions...

Seeing as I always use my heirloom gear, play smart, and know I'm making enough of an impact in alerts at lv6. Yeah, I go ahead and skip Westside. Takes me about an hour to get all my superstats and then I'll pulling agro most of time.

Soooo, take your smart **** comments elsewhere. Some of us know how to play the game. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seeing as I always use my heirloom gear, play smart, and know I'm making enough of an impact in alerts at lv6. Yeah, I go ahead and skip Westside. Takes me about an hour to get all my superstats and then I'll pulling agro most of time.

Soooo, take your smart **** comments elsewhere. Some of us know how to play the game. :rolleyes:

HAHA this kitten has CLAWS ...rawr =^.^=

Yeah you tell em ^__^

To be honest I hate all these new PoP ups that you HAVE to scroll through.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    To be honest I hate all these new PoP ups that you HAVE to scroll through.

This. Can we set this flag on a per-account basis and not per-alt?
    tumblr_moni7tHVoq1rzu2xzo1_500.gif
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This. Can we set this flag on a per-account basis and not per-alt?
    Now THAT I could get behind 900%. It's annoying enough with my stable; I can only imagine what someone like Slapperfish or Bluhman has to go through...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I've already seen it, so when I make a new alt, I end up having to quickly click past crap I'd already seen. In fact, the popup was both about On Alert and Reloaded...