Afraid to Chat....

13»

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • clcmercyclcmercy Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haleakala wrote: »
    Neither of those are true. It takes 20 ignore/report spams and they can accumulate forever. The only thing that resets the counter is actually getting a ban. Also, it is possible for one person to get someone chat-banned.

That's all it takes -- a level of maturity that tells someone, "Hey, I can grief this person for daring to disagree with me, at no consequence to myself!" This is why anyone with two active brain cells should have known that putting the power to affect other's in-game experience in the hands of the anonymous internet user was going to generate abuse.

They make me sad, too, Kitty.

No. I tried this. Repeated attempts to silence someone with the "report spam" feature then five minutes later taking them off ignore to do it again. I did this exactly thirty times. Never once did they lose the ability to spout nonsense. One person, one account CANNOT do it.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • towershield#4714 towershield Posts: 1,208 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Necromancy is forbidden in the province of Cyrodil and the forums of Cryptic.
    inb4 stupid excuses about validity
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    No. I tried this. Repeated attempts to silence someone with the "report spam" feature then five minutes later taking them off ignore to do it again. I did this exactly thirty times. Never once did they lose the ability to spout nonsense. One person, one account CANNOT do it.

It's possible, you just did it wrong. There are people who know how to do it... and if you knew who those people were, you'd know why this is a problem.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

It's possible, you just did it wrong. There are people who know how to do it... and if you knew who those people were, you'd know why this is a problem.

Ooh! Ooh!

I want to know which people.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh! Ooh!

I want to know which people.

Forum rules prevent me from naming names. I'll just say there's a concrete reason why pvp is so connected with getting chat banned.

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hee hee.

Gotcha.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just takes 5 alts. this game is free to play, logging over doesn't take a hell of a lot of time. Set the graphics to minimum on 4 of em and hide in the penthouse? I can run 5 copies of this game on my *laptop*.

I'm assuming that's how the griefers do it. I'd say this behavior is screwed up and wrong, but they manage to keep Lucidity from driving away new players with her mental problems, so... You take the bad with the good?
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • rianfrostrianfrost Posts: 578 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoochan wrote: »

Forum rules prevent me from naming names. I'll just say there's a concrete reason why pvp is so connected with getting chat banned.

see, this makes a little more sense. i also have never been banned, despite being occasionally contentious, and more occasionally unfunny with puns. kind of makes sense though that it would be pvp related.
  • thearkadythearkady Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rianfrost wrote: »
    unfunny with puns

That, judging from zone chat, thankfully doesn't seem to get people muted. It'd be a terrible thing ndeed if we ever got a griefer group calling themelves Humorless Right To Censor or some such...
  • forutnefireforutnefire Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whether a person deserves to be chat-banned or not should only be a decision made by a GM designated for that duty after they've read the conversation, not at another player's discretion. (See sig for more info)
    ~ Flare@Lectrohm (In-Game)

voos2b.jpg
    Flare's guide to hosting and judging costume contests!
    (link under construction)
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neojin777 wrote: »
    Once i asked another player to stop killstealing, in pm. Instead of replying "oh yes, mate you are right. I am sorry for being another brainless selfish player that does not care at all, my bad" the guy blacklisted me after giving me the standard phrase "Lol wut".

No clue wth is wrong with people these days.

Nothings wrong with people. On a whole people are morons it is you that is faulty because you seem to have some intelligence.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!