test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Charity Event] Real World Hero

hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Introductions
Hey guys. As you know, it's drawing close to the holidays. And there are people out there in the world who are somewhat less fortunate than many of us gamers, with all our disposable income.

As such, I'd like to bring to your attention, Real World Hero. It's a holiday charity drive to raise money for multiple different causes.

RWH started 4 years ago in the City of Heroes community and, to date, we've nearly $30,000 for the various charitable causes. Proving that you don't need to have superpowers or a cool costume to be a hero.

We're now attempting to reach out to the Champions Online community and give them the opportunity to participate with the rest of us.

RWH operates via ChipIn links created by the charities themselves. So the money you donate is going DIRECTLY to the charities in question. RWH never touches the money and makes nothing off the donations.

Normally there's also an accompanying charity auction. But it started early and ended early this year, before I was given the okay to post here. Normally it's all sorts of swag, some superhero-based, some not, and the auction winners redeem their auction wins via the ChipIn links and an e-mail to the auction@ email address.

I'm not urging you people to spend yourselves down to the last dollar on any of these auctions. Give as much or as little as you like (or can afford) to the charity of your choice.

And if your financial situation is such that you can't donate? Don't! And don't feel badly about it! With today's economy, not everyone can afford this. And keeping food on your OWN table and a roof over your OWN head is more important than dropping $5 on a video game.

If you guys have further questions about Real World Hero and what they do, please feel free to e-mail info@realworldhero.com.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message.