test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

to... much... lockboxes

crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Items and Crafting
ok, i understand as a buisness, money making is the prioity: but the lockboxes are kinda getting out of hand.

i currently have 500+ lockboxes since they were released and my friend has around 700.
and still the only way to open them is spend cash to get a key.

again i know the ultamite goal is to make money but having that many drop boxes drop? its like beating the player over the head to "buy this buy this"

also with this many crates i have NO INCENTIVE TO OPEN THEM, becuase if i want anything good i need to spend $100 just to get the one thing i want.

this is also a slap in the face to players who want to be completely F2P, you are withholding content that everyone is entitled to for money. subscriber rewards are one thing, but withholding something marked as a dollar? you could just add it as a 1/4 chance of dropping from an end game boss.

either A) reduce the drop rates of the boxes. or B) add keys as a rarer drop
Post edited by crosnight on

Comments

• sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the 'plus' side, I only have about 100 of them on the two characters I've been playing lately. Of course, that's because, since the addition of the Tako-lockbox, I've only played for about thirty minutes or so per week. Any more than that and the bile rises in my throat and I have to go find something else to do- like a non-MMO fantasy game where I get to kill dragons and nobody tries to bilk me out of my money for no comparable gain.