What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prototype vehicle BUYBACK

2»

Comments

• forgecielforgeciel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i take the zen too.

I am not agree with such change on a purchased item. i purchased the hawing for the speed level. If it's a server issue, ok no problem. But i want my zen back.

from france ++
  • calapsarcalapsar Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have a suggestion, which will suit all: simply open for editing slots weapons of prototypes, with the ability to get out of them pre-installed mods. We obtain a unique chassis (6-weapon, 1-defence, 1-support slot), not as fast but still useful, as well as weapons mods, in particular [Full Power Burst], which compensates all expenses on the jet. :cool:
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess there's the Better Business Bureau too, in this theoretical action-future?

Anyway...agree on them needing to fix this, of course. It really doesn't matter the handful of contrarians coming in crying foul about it being 'the same as this and that', the fact is a sh*t-ton of people are waaaaay more upset about this than a power nerf, and the company if it cares anything at all for customer service should do something about it.

Personally I just want a 'bone' of more speed, and/or more vehicle slots. I'm not sure on the range of the other vehicles, so can't say if range can be boosted. If they have it all at 100 ft with a handful of 120 ft ones, I can understand they did this to equalize game balance with normal characters. However amusing it was to be parked at 150 ft or whatever picking off hapless enemies (amusing and boring, ultimately - didn't do it very much honestly).

But something and not some Mountain Grab Bags. :tongue:
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm back..

Let's say PWE and I had a disagreement.

My new stance:

Prototypes should have 8/10 speed before mods.

That "10" speed is there for a reason. Maybe they were saving it for the bikes. I don't really care.

That 10 is were we should be able to get to.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Here's an update on Prototype Hawkwings
    nisdiddums wrote: »
    PTS update FC.31.20121030.11
    This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 6:30pm Pacific on 11/13/12

Greetings!

We're updating PTS with the upcoming update build to test stability, as well as verifying a few bug fixes we addressed following last week's Live push.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
    Bug
    Where it happens
    What happens

Prototype Hawkwings
    -Prototype Hawkwings have had their speed increased.
    -Prototype Hawkwings boost now last 10 seconds and increases speed by 70 (up from 15).
    lokikin wrote: »
    Prototype base Speed jacked up from 4 to 6!

Nice boost there! Not as fast as before, but that was expected. Plus we still have Speed boost mods...

Thanks! I look forward to this making it Live!

:smile:
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I can barely contain my joy! Oh, golly gee, we don't deserve people as benevolent as Cryptic!

We're already making their excuses for them just because of a small buff that's still a net nerf to what we paid for. They give us a fraction of what we had and people are already lining up to brown nose. Bacon had the right idea, if you're going to nerf the speed, at least give us the maximum safe speed.
  • mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hubrix wrote: »
    I can barely contain my joy! Oh, golly gee, we don't deserve people as benevolent as Cryptic!

We're already making their excuses for them just because of a small buff that's still a net nerf to what we paid for. They give us a fraction of what we had and people are already lining up to brown nose. Bacon had the right idea, if you're going to nerf the speed, at least give us the maximum safe speed.

They feel like they met us halfway, and I have to say good on them for at least giving us a bit of what we asked for.

I think a good chunk of that was due to Trailturtle being approachable about it. If you see him around in the game, make sure you thank him.

Do I think this is a FAIR upgrade?

Of course not. But it's something and this at least proves they are listening to some degree.

It may be a false sense of empowerment but I feel like we've accomplished a little something. Granted, they may never have read this, but look how the community comes together when they want to.

Which, to me, is the actual victory.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mensar wrote: »
    They feel like they met us halfway, and I have to say good on them for at least giving us a bit of what we asked for.

I think a good chunk of that was due to Trailturtle being approachable about it. If you see him around in the game, make sure you thank him.

Do I think this is a FAIR upgrade?

Of course not. But it's something and this at least proves they are listening to some degree.

It may be a false sense of empowerment but I feel like we've accomplished a little something. Granted, they may never have read this, but look how the community comes together when they want to.

Which, to me, is the actual victory.

In short: Glass Half-Full. :biggrin:

I do agree it was a reasonably successful community-raised sh*tstorm.

I'm sure they 'had' to hold back some speed for 'testing of waters' and/or to market it further. The super rare Speed 10 vehicle mod, try your chances at getting one or other fabulous prizes in the Hoverbike Lockbox!!!