test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes, November 9

2»

Comments

• titotito333999titotito333999 Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    (BTW you do know you can actually buy Zen on the Questionite Exchange with Questioite you can earn in game; and STILL buy that Tank you'd like without spending a real-world dime; but I guess the fact you have to play the game and it will take more than a single session to earn enough Zen via that route = too hard, or 'pay to win' too.)

Don't bother... people here want it all free and easy, just like my ex-girlfriend... I miss her so much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This was awesome while it lasted

We're not talking about "everything free" we're talking about selling power.

Use the right words for it then.

And if you're using those two clowns from Penny Arcade to support your argument, you aren't starting from solid ground to begin with. Its like a Juggalo trying to explain magnets.
    The pistol changes are very nice. Thank you.

Selling power is pay to win, even in CO. So long as players are competing for resources or in a game's market places, the ability to defeat foes more quickly or to get to other sources of in game resources more quickly, or other similar situations, provides an advantage in the various forms of competition that exist even in a game's PvE environment.

As an example, If character A has the ability, for whatever reason, to kill foes (and therefore gain resources) more quickly than player B, he may very well (more likely certainly will) have an advantage in acquiring rare items on the AH, in the Q store, etc.

I am not arguing that anything included in this particular patch is or is not pay to win, merely pointing out that pay to win can exist even if there is no overt competition such as exists in PvP.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited November 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    I like it better this way. I don't have to angle my camera around to see the person I want to throw the car at.
    Then set graphical FX option to low and objects will remain invisible forever.
    Instead of trying to justify even obvious bug, a one which is very discouraging for majority of players liking their superstrong toons.
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    You lied to us TT, the lockboxes messed up the drop tables. I've made a post in bugs section: Lockbox screwed up Sammie's Lost Dollies drop table
    This is obvious bug. If it would be made on purpose, it would be consistent. Most often new lockboxes are dropping separately from normal loot, but it seems that drop table is broken mostly for quest items.
  • pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Use the right words for it then.

And if you're using those two clowns from Penny Arcade to support your argument, you aren't starting from solid ground to begin with. Its like a Juggalo trying to explain magnets.

I'm pretty sure I did use the words "selling power." Not sure how much righter you expect the words to be there.

Also, you obviously didn't watch the video, or know who produces the segment; it's only hosted on the PA website, along with their own, Escapist and YouTube. It's created by industry names including a former game designer, studio head and current consultant to multiple studios, a freelance artist who has worked on multiple games, a second artist who I'm not entirely familiar with but feel should be mentioned, and the host is an animator at Pixar, but it's written by the former designer with a resume of publications, games, lecturing at companies and universities and currently teaching a graduate level course in game design.

As for those two clowns over at PA, yeah, they may be asshats, but their knowledge, and more importantly, support of the game industry is something few independent groups have demonstrated, including running PAX and Child's Play. So even if I was using them to support my argument, you probably shouldn't assume there's no validity to what they have to say.

Aside from all that, I'm not entirely sure what your point was other than taking the opportunity to celebrate your dislike for Penny Arcade, which, good for you I guess.