test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Over 3 months since the last UNTIL Report

quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
How about an update? Or at least an update on when we might see an update?

It seems like with the CoX sunset date approaching, this might be a good time to let all those potential new players see what you have planned currently.

Thank you.
LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yogid0nnieyogid0nnie Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Were not the Until Report suppose to be monthly? Then they turned bi-monthly. Now they seem to be quarertly, or ,I hope not, bi-annual.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The until reports dont serve any purpose anyway, except as a piece of fiction.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pretty much every content that was announced in the Until Report, was pretty much removed because it broke the game. Or was impossible to do. So why bother.
    Until it's in the PTS and rolled on/off there dozen times, there's a slight chance it will appear in Live in a half a year or so. And probably gets taken off after few days because it somehow manages to bork itself beyond repair. And we've seen that happen.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pretty much all the content in the last UNTIL report (short of the new Halloween content) has made it into CO (or is on PTS now). So they still serve their purpose.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All that's left in the imminent section is custom auras, Leviathan event and Halloween Dracul (canceled).

Looking forward to the Lair review and the custom Sidekicks and Nemesis review combo.
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Halloween Dracul is canceled?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Actually, it's not cancelled, since it was never made.
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Pretty much every content that was announced in the Until Report, was pretty much removed because it broke the game. Or was impossible to do. So why bother.
    Until it's in the PTS and rolled on/off there dozen times, there's a slight chance it will appear in Live in a half a year or so. And probably gets taken off after few days because it somehow manages to bork itself beyond repair. And we've seen that happen.

pretty much all of this
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The report should be once every 6 months with the current rate of development.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited November 2012
    The UNTIL report is a great tool, but planning tends to work in cycles. Right now, the dev team is heads-down working on a major milestone, and while they're certainly planning out further ahead, it makes the most sense to see how the milestone goes before looking too far ahead.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The UNTIL report is a great tool, but planning tends to work in cycles. Right now, the dev team is heads-down working on a major milestone, and while they're certainly planning out further ahead, it makes the most sense to see how the milestone goes before looking too far ahead.

In other words, there isn't enough of a difference between the prior report and what the next one would be, yet.

So yeah. 6 months between reports. :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Re-write the last UNTIL Report.
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    major new milestone, im not going to hold my breath. Another new gimmick instead of real content, like lockboxes, vehicles etc etc id wager
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    pion01 wrote: »
    Halloween Dracul is canceled?

DAFUQ! Theres was meant to be a Dracul event? Why didnt they do this :O
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It was IMPOSSIBRU!!!
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012

That milestone being the Leviathan event, Dr. D's Island or what? Unless you consider the Lair pass, Nemesis pass or something as little as custom auras to be something big.

Although a Nemesis pass that includes multiple choice arcs, deep personalities that determines their big crimes and more involvement with him/her would be quite a worthy milestone.

Or perhaps we'll see SG bases.
  • Options
    canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    That milestone being the Leviathan event, Dr. D's Island or what? Unless you consider the Lair pass, Nemesis pass or something as little as custom auras to be something big.

Although a Nemesis pass that includes multiple choice arcs, deep personalities that determines their big crimes and more involvement with him/her would be quite a worthy milestone.

Or perhaps we'll see SG bases.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Vehicles. With Sidekicks as the milestone that follows that.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    dantheiceman1dantheiceman1 Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say Vehicles. With Sidekicks as the milestone that follows that.

ya its most likely going to be stupid like this, while the REAL stuff that SHOULD be fixed (nem system, lairs, LFG tool etc) will be neglected AGAIN

its too bad
    http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=124755
    The Nemesis system needs fixing and here's ideas:
    A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. Henry Ford
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ya its most likely going to be stupid like this, while the REAL stuff that SHOULD be fixed (nem system, lairs, LFG tool etc) will be neglected AGAIN

its too bad

MMOs are like Dune, except instead of Spice, there's Newness. The Newness must flow. That Sidekicks can reuse at least some STO code (and thus are an easier addition to the game) makes them all the more probable as the next big addition.

Now Sidekicks could be very cool, but I am worried about balance issues. If it were my choice. I'd put Lairs ahead of them on the dev calendar: improving queues, giving players better incentives to run them, putting in waypoints so players don't have to retrace their steps through the entire lair from the beginning when they're killed, adding special gear and costume drops, making difficulty levels relevant again (though nothing will ever make the uberbuilders happy) and improving boss fights. This would shore up a major part of the game. But I'll take any cool thing Cryptic gives me if it's not gamebreaking.

Anyhow, here's a rundown of all the stuff on the schedule from the last report, and what has or hasn't been done.
    IMMINENT: (In Test)
    * New Custom Alert "The Horror of Hi-Pan" [Done, and it rocks.]
    * Wizard & Witch Costume Set [Done.]
    * New Rampage Alert "Blaze & F.R.E.0.N." [In test, backburnered but not scrapped]

R&D Report: (In Development)
    * "Nighthawk: Friend or Foe?" Event & Themed Content [Done.]
    * Cosmetic FX Auras! [Not done, not on Test. Some interface work has been done]
    * Mod Bundle Packs for Fusion [Done, if you count Lockboxes]
    * Return of crafting maps and other interiors as purely role-playing instances {Done, though it would be nice to also add the Dojo.]
    * Free for All! [Not Done]
    * XP Gifting [Not done]
    * C-Store Coupons [Not done, though some interface work seems to have been done.]

Planning Documents Recovered: (On the Schedule)
    * Vehicles! [In Test, likely soon.]
    * Lair Updates & Boss Reviews [Not done, nor tested]
    * New Zone Events [Not done]
    * "Epic Confrontation" and "Invasion" Encounters - for Vehicles and High-Level Heroes [First of these is in Test, though with Destroyer, not Leviathan.]
    * Alerts Scoreboards & Achievements (not done).
    * Sidekick "Pet" System (not done)
    * Nemesis Updates (Not done).
    * Hideout additions: Crafting rooms* (Not done.)
    * "Terror in Time" Halloween Content (Postponed; progress on this mission is unknown).
    * The return of the Roin'esh (Not done.)
    * The rumored return of Dr. Destroyer! (Done, but cut short due to a nasty bug).

Nothing in the Unconfirmed section has been done or been announced.

Additionally, we've had some power set development, including the Telepathy pass that's been on Test, and the Night Warrior that accompanied Nighthawk, and some new TPs. To my recollection, there have been no costume sets since Nighthawk, though we've had the much requested Legacy crafted costumes.

This leaves us with an UNTIL Report that probably looks a lot like this:

IMMINENT: (In Test)
    * New Rampage Alert "Blaze & F.R.E.0.N."
    * Vehicles
    * Telepathy Power Set
    * UNTIL Carrier Defense mission

R&D Report: (In Development)
    * Cosmetic FX Auras!
    * Free for All!
    * XP Gifting
    * C-Store Coupons

Planning Documents Recovered: (On the Schedule)
    * Lair Updates & Boss Reviews
    * New Zone Events
    * "Epic Confrontation" and "Invasion" Encounters - for Vehicles and High-Level Heroes
    * Alerts Scoreboards & Achievements
    * Sidekick "Pet" System
    * Nemesis Updates
    * Hideout additions: Crafting rooms
    * "Terror in Time" Halloween Content.
    * The return of the Roin'esh.

Note: it's possible that stuff from the Unconfirmed section has been bumped up or dropped. No way to tell.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Playable Content. Does not include Fluff.
    * "Nighthawk: Friend or Foe?" Event & Themed Content.

And was taken away. It's like it never existed. It lead to nothing. Oh, yea...Consept Hawkwing VEHICLES..... Could have been a starter for Nighthawk Comic Series.
    So, nice effort. Wasted resources and time.
    * The rumored return of Dr. Destroyer!
    Destroid Invasion!
    Yes. No Doctor Destroyer (except picture of his head, which is a cutout from a magazine and voice). Not leading to anything(BUT i guess the Carrier Defence can be called something to do with it), so it could be called "Comic Series Alert".
    But hey! It's broken.
    * "Terror in Time" Halloween Content.
    Vladcul in Viktorian London.
    Not happening. It was impossible. What ever that means.(well, we know what it means...)
    * New Rampage Alert "Blaze & F.R.E.0.N."
    1 thing that's in PTS. Was in PTS? Working? No idea...

*Content for Hover Tank and Speeder Bike????
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    To be fair, the Nighthawk event was never intended to be permanent.

But more on Nighthawk and Stone would be welcome, as would (at least for me) word on Nighthawk's current role in the Champions -- with his presence at Champs HQ during the Mega-D event, and having a Back-up device, is he now officially back with the team? Follow-up on events would be nice.

As for Vlad, the word I remember from Trailturtle is that we may see it later in some form. I don't remember "impossible" ever being used.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Wasn't possible = impossible....

And i don't get the reason, or if there even was one, why the Nighthawk/Stone mission couldn't stay on.
    Now we just have Nighthawk hanging with the rest of the Champs, like nothing happened.

Same "reason" i don't see Destroit Invasion returning.
  • Options
    pallierpallier Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if you go by PWI's other games and how much they update them and fix stuff... this game is already at its latest update for at least 2 years. sorry folks they are not Atari they don't update every month. they don't add new content, they don't change/fix current content. they keep the servers running and hold item shop sales that's it. So if your not happy with the game the way it is now you will have to find something else to play because this one is "as is" for a long time now.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!