test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do I own costume pieces or don't I?

immortaltenzhiimmortaltenzhi Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PC & Technical Issues
The game seems confused about the issue. When I go to make a character there are a number of pieces I don't own which are clearly marked with the little coin symbol, then there are other pieces such as those in "Tesla Coil" and "Steampunk Cyborg" that it says I already own, but when I go to make a character with them I get "character creation failed" and when I go back into the character creator those pieces are now marked as needing to be purchased.

And I certainly can't trust the store on the website to let me know if I own them or not, as I recently purchased the Retro Sci-Fi set and the website doesn't seem to know it though the game does.
Post edited by immortaltenzhi on

Comments

• Options
    hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Seeing this a lot in the character creator.

Also getting instances of going through character creation, getting a costume locked in, and popping out of the character creator with the default choice for a given category instead of my costume choices.

Like this character. Was using Pharonic items in the costume editor. Should have come out looking like this (Warning! 1920x1200):

http://www.cox-supergroups.com/wp-content/gallery/champions-online/screenshot_2012-10-21-11-43-52.jpg

Instead, I got this:

http://www.cox-supergroups.com/wp-content/gallery/champions-online/screenshot_2012-10-21-11-43-01.jpg

And my recourse?
    • Delete at reroll.
    • Pay to alter the costume.
    • Use a second costume slot.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well. 1st thing may be:
    Either you haven't got a character to a level 10 (or 11), which means the Character Creator is in 'Streamlined' mode. After getting 1 character thru Tutorial and to lvl 10 (or 11) more costume choices come available. The off game Z-store is slow at updating the items.

For the pharaoh thing. You used the 'Box' icon to search the pieces? Did you click Add Pieces button at bottom right when you chose the piece? Seems that you didn't.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Well. 1st thing may be:
    Either you haven't got a character to a level 10 (or 11), which means the Character Creator is in 'Streamlined' mode. After getting 1 character thru Tutorial and to lvl 10 (or 11) more costume choices come available. The off game Z-store is slow at updating the items.

Nah, my characters from around launch are all well above level 10, and the couple of characters I've made fresh are also above level 10. I keep making a character in that 8th slot and trying to get one that I can stick with.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    So you have bought the Tesla Coil and Steampunk Cyborg sets?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    So you have bought the Tesla Coil and Steampunk Cyborg sets?

I don't really know. I bought various items at various times, but I'm afraid I've been on a lengthy hiatus from this game and am not entirely certain which pieces I have. At this point I'm assuming that I likely haven't bought those two in particular, in which case the character creator should not make it appear that I *have* right up until the point I try to enter the game and then tell me "character creation failed" and flush what may be hours of character creation down the toilet. It's confusing and irritating.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Checking Z-store should help to see what you got or not. It puts 'Purchased' over what you've aquiered.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Checking Z-store should help to see what you got or not. It puts 'Purchased' over what you've aquiered.

I mentioned the issue with that in my first post. It's been a couple of weeks or so since my purchase of the Retro Sci-Fi set and the store doesn't realise it yet (or didn't earlier today when I checked anyway), so how can I trust the store? Not that going to the website to double-check whether I can use costume pieces every time the creator is allowing me to use them as if I own them should be necessary in the first place.
  • Options
    randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd check the in-game Z-store, rather than the website. Website store has all kinds of issues, but the one in-game is usually pretty spot-on.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thought that would be obvious since the website one isn't updated properly.
    So, yes i meant the ingame one.
  • Options
    tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I can confirm this bug, the game regularly forgets whether I've bought a particular costume pack or not.

This usually results in the costume creator erroneously claiming that I own the Tesla parts and the variety pack. Which has fooled me a couple of times into making costumes using these pieces, only to get a "character creation failed" message.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

• Options
    edited October 2012
    I'd check the in-game Z-store, rather than the website. Website store has all kinds of issues, but the one in-game is usually pretty spot-on.

I don't recall seeing that option while I was in the middle of making a character, I'll have to keep my eyes open next time and see if I spot it. Of course, if it doesn't exist in the midst of character creation then it's rather useless for this.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Costume pieces show up on my drop down list with the pop up telling me "You already own SteamPunk blah blah blah". Which I do not own and clearly remember not buying.

However they do not appear on the character model when clicked on. I just get what's already in place instead.

It's a weird bug.
    edited October 2012
    For the pharaoh thing. You used the 'Box' icon to search the pieces? Did you click Add Pieces button at bottom right when you chose the piece? Seems that you didn't.

Nope. Simply selected the pieces one at a time through the various screens.