test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Re-introduction since I have a different name nowadays.

vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Introductions
Hello, foul mortals! I am Vorshoth! Forumite alias of the player taekinuru, who welcomes you to his thread of introductoryness!
I used to be a chap named dyl_do, but then there were... issues... with that old name. For obvious reasons.
So, I reforged myself into taekinuru, an old character name from an old forum RP that never got off the ground in a forum far, far away from Champions.

So. What do others put in these introductory threads anyway?

*looks at others*

Right, name, goals, filler.

Okay... So, you know my names...

Goals! I am interested in RP, and regularly chat on CORP, but crippling shyness means I'm more likely to lurk and watch people RP than actually do stuff. At some point, I am going to make a 'fanboy' character that likes to wander around disaster areas, levelled up and gone through enough missions to get to places, but upon everything being accessible, will have all of its powers stripped beyond a Unarmed energy builder so that it is a helpless citizen.

The game itself, I generally solo for the same reasons I don't get involved in the RP community beyond the general chats and observations and rambles.

Also, I once got fondled by a werewolf toon when I attempted RP once. Non-consensually!
So, all my characters have that unspoken in their backstory, irregardless of whether I write it in or not, thus explaining my caution around werewolves.

It's nothing personal, pooches, I just think it's funnier to avoid you guys for some in-character reason I see no reason to explain to you.

I find exploring the game quite interesting, for example, did you know that there are two really secluded spots in the VIP Lounge that render you completely hidden to anyone else in there, such as the little one-way mirrored room above the entrance without textures on the interior of it. That place is rad if you want to just chill out in a secret place, without the 'obviously actually so inaccessible that nobody could ever find you' buzzkill that Hideouts have.

There's others too, in various parts of the game, little hideyholes that I like that made the Hideout update rather lackluster for me, since everything it brought I already had, to some extent. I even worked out once that one could have an entire mission instance ready for RP for any character if you just use the Share Mission thing, and be prepared to wipe all goons (or all goons except one lot, if it's a 'clear the goons' type mission). I really don't know why RPers don't meet more in abandoned warehouses.

I like collecting trophies from mission items. I generally try to get a pair of Purple Gang Pants after that mission. I stick all my trophies in my bank account. They don't DO anything, but it's nice to collect memoirs from your adventures, no?

I also like, on human characters, to try and duplicate the disguise costumes from the early missions, but make it actually work with their physique, hair style, etc. It's REALLY ANNOYING to see a huge buff guy transform into an average Purple Gang member, holoprojector or no.

Oh, and I'm colour blind for reds and browns, and certain greens and yellows. Also, purples and blues, despite what tests seem to claim. So, often I'll pick purple when I intend blue, certain browns when I mean red, and certain greens when I mean yellow. I can still SEE colours, but I can't distinguish between certain shades without a chart or a number guide. I'm thinking of making a plain-text guide to the colors in Champions at some point, so people always pick the right colour for what they're thinking of, irregardless of their capability to see the colour and identify it.

I'm 21, I play games normally around midnight to early morning when I ought to be sleeping, I still live with my parents, I am doing a science course and I AM A MAAAAN! *punch*
And on that note, I enjoy online video reviews and to be honest, anything with a storyline in it that's made by nerds on the internet. (e.g. the person who made those Champions comics, the Bloodbath ones? I ENVY HIM/HER SO MUCH since I tried to make my own comic once. It died. Badly. Bad concept, bad characters, bad image-getting, and bad everything. Also, bad logo for the blog I was going to host them on, augh that was bad. Also, I never knew how complicated speech bubble positioning and dialogue can be until I tried to make my own comic.)

I get a touch starstudded when I see a forumite who posts regularly in-game, usually freezing and going "OMIGOSH IT'S SOMEONE I'VE HEARD OF!" in silence (my form of a squee, if I don't actually squee in the real world. It's rare for me to squee.)

Oh, and I suffer from terminal alt-itis, which is funny since I also suffer from lack-of-ideas-ius, two chronic conditions in this game that you'd think would be mutually exclusive, but it turns out that alt-itis can be caused by lack-of-ideas-ius, and feed upon it to further have a grip on me.

I like the idea of playing bad guys, although see no reason to actually have a mechanic in the game for that, since you can justify all good actions as being evil.
Saving a cat? GAINING A FELINE ALLY TO JOIN YOUR MINIONS! AHAHA!

Taking out the Purple Gang? DESTABILISING THE GANG NETWORK IN WESTSIDE SO YOU CAN RULE OVER ALL! AHAHAHAHAHA!

ERP in Club Caprice? Whoa, that's a touch too evil, even for me!

I also have a fan theory that Foxbat, Defender, and Dr. Destroyer are all the same person, and all evidence otherwise is a ruse. Think about it! Dr. Destroyer stops, Defender gets his origins from the Destroyer. Both are tech users.
Foxbat is goofy, and uses robots similar to Dr Destroyers, if we ignore that that's more of a costume limitation for the robots.
Defender has had two fairly attractive ladies after him. He is now dating one. Foxbat is seeking out the other..

In conclusion?

Albert Zerstolien changed his identity and became younger (he was dabbling in magic, and mutations seems to be the one science-related thing in superhero genre he hasn't dealt with much, so a elixir of youth isn't inconcievable), and killed the actual James Harmon and took his place, deciding to become a hero to further his goals to make the world superior to that which it was.

Then, he met Freddy Foswell. An obsessed, crazy man, trying his best to become a supervillain.
Albert saw his chance. Freddy was transformed, by a mind-control device, initially, although eventually, he decided to simply take on Freddy's identity as Foxbat as another identity to his collection.
"Honestly, I'm surprised these heroes never really attempted this. Have multiple secret identities, and you can be hero, villain, AND SUPERvillain all at once!"
Isn't that hard to maintain, what with practically being married to Witchcraft who doesn't look that stupid, needing to develop constant silly gadgets as Foxbat, and plotting the end of all humanity as Dr. Destroyer?
"Nah. Although you wouldn't believe how embarrasing it is to have to kill ordinary mortals such as you from alternate universes who have worked out my secret plots. Couldn't you be slightly invulnerable, or something? Because this is going to be no fun."
You want to... Kill me?
"Yes."
*dies*
[SIGNATURE REDACTED]
Post edited by vorshoth on

Comments

• Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dyl_do is funny &*%#
  • Options
    vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    *dies laughing* Now that's an interesting theory about Foxbat, Defender and Zerstoiten.

Except Zerstoiten and Harmon look nothing alike. Zerstoiten looks better. :P
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good stuff there, nice to meet you.

Oh, and my main character that I role-play?

He has several Secret Identities, including one that was "Outted" as his "secret ID revealed" so the public thinks it's now a public identity, but it was all just a ruse so people would stop digging into his secrets.

I really love your insane theory about Dr. D, Defender and Foxbat though!