test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drifter salvage

crosnightcrosnight Posts: 58 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Suggestions Box
Not sure if this forum topic was already posted but.... whatever

right now the only way to earn drifter salvage is through grab bags and in most cases u must spend zen on it... only to earn 2 or 3 salvage on average.

drifter salvage is right now a constalation prize to grab bags, a reminder of "oh hey you wasted 100 zen on 2 salvage trollololol"

WE NEED A BETTER WAY TO GET Salvage

maybe offer it as an alternative reward for questionite (example: complete Whiteout and you can choose 2k questionite or 10 salvage)

maybe a box of drifter salvage (mush like the box of questionite)

whatever method you chose, there needs to be a way for people who don't want to spend zen on a grab (your money) bag. drifter dailies were good but isnt common enough since, we only get em for like a week every two months or so.

the objects that are in the drifter store are kinda underwelming and curretnly with the halloween stuff: if someone wanted the celestial become they would have to spend (assuming 2 salvage per 100 zen) the player would have to spend $100 worth of zen for it.

show some love to the people who doesnt want to use thier zen on this currency

/edit/

and for the love of all players make the drifter salvage stack in an account wide storage; kinda annoying if you got 10 salvage on one toon and 10 on another if you want something for 20 salvage
Post edited by crosnight on

Comments

• tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We definitely need more ways to get drifter salvage in game, but more importantly, we need a better consolation prize for drop boxes. I'm not buying any more drop boxes as long as the prize is most likely going to be one to three salvage.

I understand that if I buy a drop box that I'm not going to get the big prize, but the little prize is just insulting. I spend Zen on some Freeform grab bags when they first came out, and for each one that I paid for (as apposed to the ones I got from the daily) I consistently got a single piece of Drifter Salvage.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    /signed

we need a way to get salvage without spending money on 100 boxes to get enough for one item in the drifter store,maybe have him ALWAYS have a salvage daily instead of just for one event.
  • thelostone0thelostone0 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How about making 1 key per player drop from Lairs and NemCon?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We have a way. It's called Questionite Exchange. You trade Questionite for Zen, you use Zen to buy the boxes. Not a dime spend.
    You really think they just gonna make Salvage drop from ingame?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • mk0063mk0063 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    We have a way. It's called Questionite Exchange. You trade Questionite for Zen, you use Zen to buy the boxes. Not a dime spend.
    You really think they just gonna make Salvage drop from ingame?

Oh hey. Some people do want to actually play the game instead of spending time grinding questionite and spend 5-7 days trying to refine enough of it to actually buy a decent amount of zen.

And seriously having it drop with, like say....Silver Recog, wouldn't be as bad.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The factor of the items being random is the biggest issue. I wouldn't mind spending 40 salvage for the exact device I want.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tdits wrote: »
    We definitely need more ways to get drifter salvage in game, but more importantly, we need a better consolation prize for drop boxes. I'm not buying any more drop boxes as long as the prize is most likely going to be one to three salvage

The minimum is 2 now actually (although in STO it's 4). Problem is is that the average is 2, too. I bought a set of 10 keys, and out of the ten, I got 21 Drifter Salvage.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    edited October 2012
    I wan't to play a game.

You buy keys to unlock the boxes.
    You get 2 Salvage each.
    You want to buy the Crafted Costume Kits.
    Kits are 60 Salvages a piece.
    Each Kit gives 1 piece of the old Craftable Costume pieces.
    There's 16 pieces of the costumes. You get "lucky" and get different piece of costume from each Kit.
    How many Keys you need.

You have 60 seconds. After that you lose all your marbles.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I may be tired but that's 480 isn't it?

60 x 16 = 960 / 2= 480

And that's just for the costume bits.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Guys, seriously, can't you see the strategy behind this? Do you really think the current lack of other Drifter Salvage sources than Drop Boxes is a mere design flaw?! :rolleyes:

Let me explain to you how it really is: Perfect World is doing this on purpose!

By not having any Grab Bags or Drifter event up, players are forced to buy the keys to unlock those boxes in order to get Drifter Salvage!
    Considering the small amount of Salvage in them, you need around 30 keys to get enough for a Legacy Costume Kit. That means:
    At least 2700 Zen for JUST ONE RANDOM lost, formerly free costume piece!

Also, the Questionite Exchange is not broken at all. PW had it disabled, so we are forced to buy our Zen with real money! :eek:

And before you say this is all just a stupid conspiracy theory, think about it. Is it really so unlikely that PW would pull something like this?
    Heck no! They really are that devious! And shameless enough not to hide their marketing schemes any better! :mad:
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Guys, seriously, can't you see the strategy behind this? Do you really think the current lack of other Drifter Salvage sources than Drop Boxes is a mere design flaw?! :rolleyes:

Let me explain to you how it really is: Perfect World is doing this on purpose!

By not having any Grab Bags or Drifter event up, players are forced to buy the keys to unlock those boxes in order to get Drifter Salvage!
    Considering the small amount of Salvage in them, you need around 30 keys to get enough for a Legacy Costume Kit. That means:
    At least 2700 Zen for JUST ONE RANDOM lost, formerly free costume piece!

Also, the Questionite Exchange is not broken at all. PW had it disabled, so we are forced to buy our Zen with real money! :eek:

And before you say this is all just a stupid conspiracy theory, think about it. Is it really so unlikely that PW would pull something like this?
    Heck no! They really are that devious! And shameless enough not to hide their marketing schemes any better! :mad:

The only "flaw" I can find in this argument is that all the zen traded in the questionite exchange is player bought, either by stipends, lts stipends and hard-cash bought.

*wears her tinfoil hat and goes back to Skyrim*

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • sponyjasponyja Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i have a noob question - what is SALVAGE and how to get it ? i can't find this informations
    edited October 2012
    How about reading thru this thread?

I think it's mentioned multiple times. Either from Drifter Bag from Z-Store (if it's there anymore, i haven't bothered checking since i have zero interest in whole bag grabbing) or opening the Takofanes Boxes/Caches/Whatever dropped from defeated mobs by using the Cosmic Key from Z-Store. So putting it simple, use your real money to buy a Bag or Key to open a Bag or Box that has a chance to give you Salvage.
    Or reading from main site: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?p=719071