test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time for a response!

lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
edited November 2012 in The Hero Games
Now i'm kind of middle of the road when it comes to pvp. I play it from time to time.
So, yeah it affects me. (Somewhat) Anyway, i am seeing a lot of threads concerning the lack of love for pvp.

My question is...Can we, and when i say we, i mean the people who pay for this game.
Imo most long time sub folk who pvp pay for their right to play with updated content and at least on par with those that don't.
ohh! Right back to the question?

This is to the mods/devs/whoever is steering this ship/Crush/ you get the point...
WHEN will if anything be done to upgrade PVP? Simple.

Any new zones in the works?
Any new gear/rewards?
Any pvp alerts?

And if you can't comment on thee above, a simple YES or NO is better than silence.
It's the lack of a response that really drives paying folk crazy! And people lash out the only way they know how. In this game, they either quit or go to the forums. Sometimes both.

Please give us a response. Either way.

Thank you for your time
Post edited by lovehammer1 on

Comments

• Options
    nesn00000nesn00000 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You won't get a response. it's obvious that PVP is being left in the past and not converted into the On Alert Pass economy on purpose.

At least they can do is tell us this fact so we can leave.

-Xeno

-
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    nesn00000 wrote: »
    You won't get a response. it's obvious that PVP is being left in the past and not converted into the On Alert Pass economy on purpose.

At least they can do is tell us this fact so we can leave.

-Xeno

-
    That's kind of the point. Come out and tell us, rather than piss everybody off by not even speaking a word.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That's kind of the point. Come out and tell us, rather than piss everybody off by not even speaking a word.

So they can tell you, "We can't do **** about it either way until we get some devs back from NWO and also get the OK and the funds from PWE."

You'd be satisfied with that?
    edited October 2012
    You mean say something and have you put your money in someone elses pocket? ya ok...

But they could at least give us false hope. Tell us something hopeful even if they don't plan on following through. Its a choice of getting sh@t on or getting sh@t on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It's definitely a possible maybe...

Or not...
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    when the people running the business now, come up with a way of making you buy a grab bag for it
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    So they can tell you, "We can't do **** about it either way until we get some devs back from NWO and also get the OK and the funds from PWE."

You'd be satisfied with that?
    Are you satisfied with how it's going now?
    Do you have a better idea? Can you get answers?

If you can let the rest of us know!! Anything is better than nothing imo.
    I won't even claim to know what's going on behind the scene.
    And say pwe doesn't have funds or they are working on NWO.

"Only they know for sure". But they do seem to have a enough time to build jets and cars.
    They do have time to make "Taco boxes" and updates to alerts.
    And have no problem telling us about it.

So, yes i would be satisfied with an answer either way.
    And depending on that answer, i will have a response!
    With my time and wallet.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I'd like it to be dropped and made into it's own game that's balanced for PvP instead of forcing the square PvP peg into the round MMO hole.

They've pulled devs off of their other games for it. This is well known. If they had money to throw around willy-nilly they'd have hired more developers instead of shuffling current staff.
    "Only they know for sure". But they do seem to have a enough time to build jets and cars.

You mean the reskinned, low effort, buggy things they put out occasionally for sale?
    With my time and wallet.

Team Fortress 2 is waiting for you.
    edited October 2012

If you can let the rest of us know!! Anything is better than nothing imo.
    I won't even claim to know what's going on behind the scene.

If you were here when sto released, you would see that we don't had any content for a long time.
    If you were here a few months ago, you would know that our hideouts crafting and training room are stopped because the dev who worked on this is now on sto.
    You would know that Robobo is on neverwinter now.
    You can doubt of this but how can we have 4 alerts (and all are copy paste of the maps IG but hi pan) since april, since 6 months, if environment graphists devs were on co ?
    All we have are powers, becomes, costume sets. Think about that.

Yes, but all of this is designed to be sold and take money from players.
    Alerts are just a quick content made in a few days to give a bone to the players.
    Pvp don't give them money.
    So, yes i would be satisfied with an answer either way.
    And depending on that answer, i will have a response!
    With my time and wallet.

You can try to have one. If you have one, i will happy to read it.
    But don't waiting too much.
    You will have none. Or just the "we'd think about this, we have some projects but not in the short term". And you won't know more than actually. :biggrin:

For your question : "WHEN will if anything be done to upgrade PVP?" Simple.
    Take this like a "never" or "not before a very long time". It's more simple. (and realistic)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ok. To the guys who posted above me. Umm...the one that can't even make a sentence understandable, babble on some more. Not going to waste my time.

And then there is gaylyn, look, i don't see anything helpful or positive in anything you wrote. Nothing. What was your point by the way?

Mine was asking for a response from someone in the know. You know, somebody who works for cryptic!! If i wanna hear second hand conspirecy theories, i would of had that in my title. I have no idea what a "Team fortress" is and don't plan on finding out.

If you have nothing to add, helpful that is for the mods or devs, please move on.
    I never said i would get a response. I may never. But, it doesn't hurt to try imo.
    Being condecending and a prick to someone trying to reach out in a non threatning manner to the Cryptic team is counterproductive.

And with people like you and gibberish master i can see why they most likely wont respond.
  • Options
    lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Wow...

I really didn't see anyone being a prick. What I read laid out what is going on in this game pretty accurately. But if you want a prick to target I'll happily give it a go. Ahem...

Excuse me, would you like some hissy to go with that fit?

So, how was that?

:tongue:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • Options
    oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This "lovehammer" guy, whome I have yet to ever see in a Hero Game, has gotten butthurt and is now trolling a couple guys that don't deserve it.

Stop wasting your time in this subsection, lovehammer. As far as I am concerned, you don't even PvP, so STFU. This thread has zero intelligence behind it.

Now... You are allowed to be butthurt.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    oobtree wrote: »
    This "lovehammer" guy, whome I have yet to ever see in a Hero Game, has gotten butthurt and is now trolling a couple guys that don't deserve it.

Stop wasting your time in this subsection, lovehammer. As far as I am concerned, you don't even PvP, so STFU. This thread has zero intelligence behind it.

Now... You are allowed to be butthurt.

A civilly-constructed post asking for clarifications from the devs about what they want to do with PVP is hardly "zero" intelligence.

I get that you don't like the guy, but insulting someone for being stupid when you yourself make an awfully stupid post like this is kind of laughable.

Also inb4 another "You don't Hero Games derp derp, STFU."
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    jennymachx wrote: »
    A civilly-constructed post asking for clarifications from the devs about what they want to do with PVP is hardly "zero" intelligence.

I get that you don't like the guy, but insulting someone for being stupid when you yourself make an awfully stupid post like this is kind of laughable.

Also inb4 another "You don't Hero Games derp derp, STFU."

If you've ever bothered to give input on threads in this subsection that go back for several months (at least), you would notice a trend with this type of post. Nothing in this thread is new or insightful. In fact the worst part, and most insulting fact about this thread is that it's from someone who doesn't even PvP with those who regularly contribute to the Hero Games. Intelligence? Well you clearly signed off on it. Question yourself, because you are in his league in my book. Hence, your response is only being responded too to let you know how I feel about non PvPers who say stupid, regurgitated things in the HG forums.

&and the fact he expects, nay, DEMANDS a response from only a Dev? These are public forums kids. Also, don't hold your breathe.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    If you've ever bothered to give input on threads in this subsection that go back for several months (at least), you would notice a trend with this type of post. Nothing in this thread is new or insightful. In fact the worst part, and most insulting fact about this thread is that it's from someone who doesn't even PvP with those who regularly contribute to the Hero Games. Intelligence? Well you clearly signed off on it. Question yourself, because you are in his league in my book. Hence, your response is only being responded too to let you know how I feel about non PvPers who say stupid, regurgitated things in the HG forums.

Well at least it's firmly established that you're a self-conceited, elitist jerkface at this point. So I'm not in your very special club, and hence my opinions are invalid and I say stupid things. Congratulations. This is kind of community image that you and the other similar degenerates found in the community have helped foster to drive away people from taking PVP more seriously.

In the first place you know absolutely crap-all about my involvement in the Hero Games for the past 3 years that I've been a lifetime subscriber of this game. The two main modes that I've played most often were ZA and Stronghold. I may not be a "dedicated" PVP'er like yourself who go to great lengths in min-maxing and striving to have the most competetive build possible, but I liked to play on my own terms. If I find that my casual build is viable enough for PVP, I stick with it. If it's not, I just stick with PVE and ZA at the very least. Can I say I have a good win-lose ratio? Not really, and I don't track it either since it doesn't bother me. But have I experienced PVP to have a basic grasp of it? I did. I've also contributed my opinions and with suggestions in improving certain aspects of the gamemode in this section in the past before.

Heck, if we're going down the holier-than-thou road, I've been playing PVP before you even started playing this game.

So wait a minute, why do I have to prove myself to a pretentious, self-righteous douchesack like you anyway?
    &and the fact he expects, nay, DEMANDS a response from only a Dev? These are public forums kids. Also, don't hold your breathe.

It's in line with what Xeno did in the past, yet I don't see him being chastised for it at all. Obviously there is some bias involved here. :rolleyes:

And if you've noticed in the OP, he did say "PLEASE give us a response.". That's demanding? Really? I think you're just projecting your own bias and vindictiveness.
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    chaelk wrote: »
    when the people running the business now, come up with a way of making you buy a grab bag for it

Grab bags are sooo yesterday...

How about special Taco-boxes that can be traded for Acclaim that have double (4%!!!!) the chance of Legion gear!

:tongue:
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Slow your Roll Mal, All I see the OP doing is asking/requesting the same thing the majority of us have for months. He may not be a pvp regular, but someone asking relatively politely about something the community has been agreement with (pvp being addressed) isn't deserving of harsh criticism. Save that for the folks that complain about flying in duels or the folks that cry out cheating when their pve setup is utterly destroyed a standard pvp setup.
  • Options
    auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The opening post is grating.

I'm a lifetime subscriber, I own every costume pack on the C-Store, along with most of the travel powers. I've spent lots of money on other things and services, too. I've put ridiculous amounts of money out on this game, and... guess what? I've never been into PvP. Not even once.

I thought it was agreed that PvP was being killed off because there was a lack of interest in it, anyway? Wasn't that why it hasn't received any attention, because only a tiny, tiny, infinitesimal amount of the community even bother with it? And when they do, it only serves to make them upset, shouty people.

I wouldn't be so irritated by this, but suggesting that most paying people are PvPers is poisonous, at best.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Wait what? You again? Dude really?
    I have most likely played this game long before you. And pvp too. I was a die hard on ZA
    and lower lvl bash. That's all i used at times to lvl my builds.
    I lost interest after the on alerts and have not pvped as much. But to say i am nobody because i don't play with you and your troop shows your lack of the bigger picture.

Unlike most of the CO community i don't dislike and hate pvp. But, i understand why people do. This is just another example why. Attacking me?? Really, i was just reaching out to the devs in a non threatening manner. Nothing more. You don't like it? Sorry.
    The only one butt hurt here is you. You can't stand someone who's not in your very "little" and limited club, speaking about pvp!

Well...get over it. I did nothing wrong. I did nothing to you. You want to fight? Fight in pvp with your buds and feel like you matter. Over here...this is a PUBLIC forum.

Butthurt from a post about getting some info on pvp? That's a first. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    Slow your Roll Mal, All I see the OP doing is asking/requesting the same thing the majority of us have for months. He may not be a pvp regular, but someone asking relatively politely about something the community has been agreement with (pvp being addressed) isn't deserving of harsh criticism. Save that for the folks that complain about flying in duels or the folks that cry out cheating when their pve setup is utterly destroyed a standard pvp setup.
    Thank you. You get it. We may never get a response from the Cryptic team. But, i don't see the harm in asking. Calling me names? Tearing down my points?
    What purpose does that serve other than to show Cryptic they might be right about ignoring this part of the game. As for my rant? You who only see what you want to see...
    I was defending myself. I didn't start the negative vibe here.

I made this thread to get away from all the negative bs in other threads involving pvp.
    I see few a-holes have decided peaceful negotiations will not happen on their watch.
    I could understand the hate if i actually said something like "EFF all pvp" Or "Just shut it down"

I guess if some people don't like you, they will find a reason to hate you. And then have the nerve to speak of intelligence, yet can't even take their narrow minded blinders off long enough to realize, most of us want the same thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Ok. To the guys who posted above me. Umm...the one that can't even make a sentence understandable, babble on some more. Not going to waste my time.

And then there is gaylyn, look, i don't see anything helpful or positive in anything you wrote. Nothing. What was your point by the way?

Mine was asking for a response from someone in the know. You know, somebody who works for cryptic!! If i wanna hear second hand conspirecy theories, i would of had that in my title. I have no idea what a "Team fortress" is and don't plan on finding out.

If you have nothing to add, helpful that is for the mods or devs, please move on.
    I never said i would get a response. I may never. But, it doesn't hurt to try imo.
    Being condecending and a prick to someone trying to reach out in a non threatning manner to the Cryptic team is counterproductive.

And with people like you and gibberish master i can see why they most likely wont respond.

Actually I was responding to the above quote, where you turn into a mega troll on a couple guys who didn't deserve it.

It's funny that the people who got most upset with my remarks are the people who claim to be pvpers, yet only ever play the most PvE oriented of Hero Games. I am sure you guys were relogging too in ZA, back when it allowed you to avoid being a zombie and "have to" PvP.

lovehammer, you claim to be a long time player, and that's fine, I do not care. Those arguments fail, because no matter how long you might have been playing CO, PvP is another aspect of the game entirely. One that allows true insight into how powers work with one another. Just a couple months ago you made a thread about AoPM Clones. That tells me everything I needed to know about how little you know.

All this thread is, is a badly thought regurgitation of an earlier Xeno thread.

Some people just love attention. Children like you.
    ...Calling me names? Tearing down my points?
    What purpose does that serve other than to show Cryptic they might be right about ignoring this part of the game. As for my rant? You who only see what you want to see...
    I was defending myself. I didn't start the negative vibe here.

Read my posts, I never called anyone names. In fact, only you and Jenny are tossing those around. Nice try though.

Cryptic has killed PvP. It's dead now. This game is boring. You think they will answer to you?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I do think that the mostly GOLD SUBBING pvpers ( cause lets face it they are 90% paid up gold members ) deserve some answers...mostly from Crush. He should stop the hiding and just tell us whats going on it might turn out he wasnt to blame after all.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Actually I was responding to the above quote, where you turn into a mega troll on a couple guys who didn't deserve it.

It's funny that the people who got most upset with my remarks are the people who claim to be pvpers, yet only ever play the most PvE oriented of Hero Games. I am sure you guys were relogging too in ZA, back when it allowed you to avoid being a zombie and "have to" PvP.

lovehammer, you claim to be a long time player, and that's fine, I do not care. Those arguments fail, because no matter how long you might have been playing CO, PvP is another aspect of the game entirely. One that allows true insight into how powers work with one another. Just a couple months ago you made a thread about AoPM Clones. That tells me everything I needed to know about how little you know.

All this thread is, is a badly thought regurgitation of an earlier Xeno thread.

Some people just love attention. Children like you.

Read my posts, I never called anyone names. In fact, only you and Jenny are tossing those around. Nice try though.

Cryptic has killed PvP. It's dead now. This game is boring. You think they will answer to you?
    "YOU" think they didn't deserve what they got.
    And calling people children is name calling. I know all i need to know about how my powers work for me in this game. How little i know? Ohh..do mean about min/max oped builds? I know how they work, i know what powers to take to ensure an optimal build.

I choose not to do so. That's why i made "Attack of the AOPM clones" back months ago.
    To find out "why" people do the same thing the next guy does, not how. That shows you how little you know about what the eff you're talking about.

Anyway, you came in and made a mess of a thread again. Congrats. You are very good at that in the very least.

Don't like my thread? Stay the eff out! Didn't you tell me to STFU? Take your own advice.

Again, i didn't start this...but i'm not one of your little drones. You keep popping off behind your little computer screen, but i bet in the real world you're just a punk who needs to feel he's good at something. If i wanted to play 90% pvp i would, i don't because of people like you. And from what i have read around here, i am not alone. Devs included.

So, think about that. Think about why many don't give a rats azz. Then look in the mirror.
    Don't bother with a response. You will say nothing positive. Nor try and help the cause of pvp in any form other than to throw insults, and tell people they are not cool because "you" have not seen them play in hero games!

What a joke. This world of pvp is a lot bigger than just you. Belivie it or not.

And as far as another one of your fact-less rants about Zombie. No i never logged out playing ZA. I couldn't stand when people did that. Wrong again. But once again you prove my point. You will make up or say anything no matter how uninformed or off base you may be. Fact is dude. Calling other people children in this case is very fitting.

You are that bully on the playgound that can't get that one kid to give up his lunch money.
    I'm that kid. So, you don't like me. Cool. I used to love beating up bullies.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    I do think that the mostly GOLD SUBBING pvpers ( cause lets face it they are 90% paid up gold members ) deserve some answers...mostly from Crush. He should stop the hiding and just tell us whats going on it might turn out he wasnt to blame after all.
    That's all i'm saying. Any info would be nice.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I am sure you guys were relogging too in ZA, back when it allowed you to avoid being a zombie and "have to" PvP.

I'm sure you were there to witness it too.

By the way, proof please.
    It's funny that the people who got most upset with my remarks are the people who claim to be pvpers, yet only ever play the most PvE oriented of Hero Games.

If it makes you feel better and helps to stroke your bloated, oversized ego (which is something I'm sure you get off from), I've never claimed to be a PVP'er according to your high-and-mighty standards of what qualifiers someone as a PVP'er. I've never compared myself to be on the same elite level as you being something you so often love to bring up. That's you, Mr. Ubtri, important contributing member of the elite-PVP club of awesomeness, putting words in my mouth.

Either way, you can take your superior attitude and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    jennymachx wrote: »
    I'm sure you were there to witness it too.

By the way, proof please.

If it makes you feel better and helps to stroke your bloated, oversized ego (which is something I'm sure you get off from), I've never claimed to be a PVP'er according to your high-and-mighty standards of what qualifiers someone as a PVP'er. I've never compared myself to be on the same elite level as you being something you so often love to bring up. That's you, Mr. Ubtri, important contributing member of the elite-PVP club of awesomeness, putting words in my mouth.

Either way, you can take your superior attitude and shove it up where the sun don't shine.
    I hear you Jen,, really this dude is full of make believe stories. He will take anything and everything and try and twist it. Problem is 99% of what he says is in his OVER-SIZED ego of a head! The best part is when he says things like..."You don't even pvp" And "I have never seen you in hero games" as if he is lord and Monarch of who does what! And if "He of all that is holy in pvp" deems you worthy of his praise. I have dealt with some clowns like this in the real world where i spar...they don't talk much after i get done with them most of the time.

He's no different. Just talks noise behind a screen, and gets off feeling he's better than others. Pathetic! There will be no hope for pvp, with people like him representing it.

Rude. Elitist attitude. Narrow minded when it comes to others views. Condescending.
    Stories without facts ( BS) knows it All etc etc...

Yeah, i want to play some hero games with that guy!!
  • Options
    auldwolfauldwolf Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And this is one of the reasons PvP gets ignored!

(The other being that it's a minority interest in this game.)

Basically, there are so many massive egos floating around that you guys can't provide any kind of cohesive message as to what you want, and every thread devolves into PvPers making personal attacks against PvPers. Look at where this thread has gone, now. Do you really think this is helping anyone?

And this is where all of these threads go. All of them. Maybe that's why Brou doesn't participate in PvP discussions any longer, because at this point they've become ridiculous. PvP might have been something if those few interested in it weren't so incredibly fractured. But the thing is is that you'd rather take pot-shots and make under-the-belt attacks than put together a cohesive plan for the future of PvP.

And that's why PvP will continue to languish, and why PvE will always be the prime focus. Because every time a thread like this turns up, it quickly loses its message (within the first page), and then becomes 'oh, there's nothing here, just PvPers being angry at each other.' Skim this thread and that's all you get from it.

If you guys could get your act together, something might happen with PvP. But as I see it, you currently account for under 5 per cent of the player populace, and none of you know what you want to do to make your segment of the game better.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I called it as I see it. Without name calling. Clearly jennymachx and lovehammer1 wish to poison the thread with hurling slander and personal attacks. Makes no difference to me, and only proves their level of immaturity. So far I have yet to read them say anything about playing T4 BASH or T4 UTC, the two most played T4 PvP Hero Games, so why do they act so smug and involved? I called you guys out as I saw it, with only mentioning the OP's name, because I was originally addressing his attitude towards others in the thread, and again I'm not incorrect with my generalized statement. I'm sure they will have to get their last words of offense in, call me more names because that's how children handle these types of forum discussions, but I'm done with this thread. My point is proven and I won't argue with immature people.

PvP is dead. Quit pretending to give a crap. Rewards are gone. Cryptic doesn't care about our money. All that's left of T4 HG's are situations that get most people ganked. But you guys wouldn't know that, because you aren't competitive PvPers.

And BTW, I don't have an ego. It's just easy for you guys to whine about elitism and egoists when an opinion differs from your own. :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I called it as I see it. Without name calling. Clearly jennymachx and lovehammer1 wish to poison the thread with hurling slander and personal attacks. Makes no difference to me, and only proves their level of immaturity. So far I have yet to read them say anything about playing T4 BASH or T4 UTC, the two most played T4 PvP Hero Games, so why do they act so smug and involved? I called you guys out as I saw it, with only mentioning the OP's name, because I was originally addressing his attitude towards others in the thread, and again I'm not incorrect with my generalized statement. I'm sure they will have to get their last words of offense in, call me more names because that's how children handle these types of forum discussions, but I'm done with this thread. My point is proven and I won't argue with immature people.

PvP is dead. Quit pretending to give a crap. Rewards are gone. Cryptic doesn't care about our money. All that's left of T4 HG's are situations that get most people ganked. But you guys wouldn't know that, because you aren't competitive PvPers.

And BTW, I don't have an ego. It's just easy for you guys to whine about elitism and egoists when an opinion differs from your own. :cool:

K bye.

Donkey hat.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Mal, all the regular pvpers have egos. Neither you or I are an exception =P.
  • Options
    bloodx13bloodx13 Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    auldwolf wrote: »
    And this is one of the reasons PvP gets ignored!

(The other being that it's a minority interest in this game.)

Basically, there are so many massive egos floating around that you guys can't provide any kind of cohesive message as to what you want, and every thread devolves into PvPers making personal attacks against PvPers. Look at where this thread has gone, now. Do you really think this is helping anyone?

And this is where all of these threads go. All of them. Maybe that's why Brou doesn't participate in PvP discussions any longer, because at this point they've become ridiculous. PvP might have been something if those few interested in it weren't so incredibly fractured. But the thing is is that you'd rather take pot-shots and make under-the-belt attacks than put together a cohesive plan for the future of PvP.

And that's why PvP will continue to languish, and why PvE will always be the prime focus. Because every time a thread like this turns up, it quickly loses its message (within the first page), and then becomes 'oh, there's nothing here, just PvPers being angry at each other.' Skim this thread and that's all you get from it.

If you guys could get your act together, something might happen with PvP. But as I see it, you currently account for under 5 per cent of the player populace, and none of you know what you want to do to make your segment of the game better.

If you read through or have read through all the threads you mentioned you will notice that there is a few handles that don't pvp that continually derail the threads or talk why pvp shouldnt matter. The Co community as a whole can't even support one another or at least the majority cause there are a few that see the game as one. There is so much hate towards part of the game getting attention, a part of the game that is listed and advertized as part of the game.

CO isnt just PvP,PvE or RP its all three so anything that help any part of the game does nothing but help the game as a whole cause it bring in more players and retains old ones. Most of which prolly play more then one part of the game. A bug is a bug a glitch is a glitch and if it has been going on since on alert then it needs to be fixed end of story.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Wait? Poison this thread? You mean this thread that i started peacefully? That thread? DId i not tell you this guy makes things up as he goes? This thread would of been fine if people didn't start with the smug and snarky know it all comments. And then comes Mr. T4 claiming that noting esle in "his eyes is pvp worthy. This is the problem. His kind is the problem. I stated this already.
    Dictating what is and what isn't to other people is inline with the worst kind of ego trippin!
    Malware, you do not make the rules. You rule nothing. Get over yourself. Telling people what they feel? Pretend to care? What is wrong with your reality? Stop making up things about other people you don't and never will know! It looks desperate.

This thread is done. Great job Malware... Sorry to all those that might of wanted to talk about something positive concerning pvp. I am also to blame for letting this "Bleep" get to me and lose my cool. I hold responsibility for my part in this. Wont happen again though. If anybody else would like to start a peaceful thread concerning pvp and it's plight, have at it.

But be warned there is an evil soul sucking virus on these forums...and his name is Malware!

Please close this thread

Thank you
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bloodx13 wrote: »
    If you read through or have read through all the threads you mentioned you will notice that there is a few handles that don't pvp that continually derail the threads or talk why pvp shouldnt matter. The Co community as a whole can't even support one another or at least the majority cause there are a few that see the game as one. There is so much hate towards part of the game getting attention, a part of the game that is listed and advertized as part of the game.

CO isnt just PvP,PvE or RP its all three so anything that help any part of the game does nothing but help the game as a whole cause it bring in more players and retains old ones. Most of which prolly play more then one part of the game. A bug is a bug a glitch is a glitch and if it has been going on since on alert then it needs to be fixed end of story.

I agree, and while I don't RP or PvP as heavily as others I view each of those as valuable extensions to gameplay in the community. You can level up in PVE, but then what? PvP and RP provide answers to that question, as they are potentially unlimited fun.

Also you need to understand it's normal and expected for not everybody to agree. Often times what are being debated and argued are specifics, not overall impressions. And more often than not these arguments are started when Cryptic changes something or is considering changing something. Ultimately the players have no control over the source code.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Wait? Poison this thread? You mean this thread that i started peacefully? That thread? DId i not tell you this guy makes things up as he goes? This thread would of been fine if people didn't start with the smug and snarky know it all comments. And then comes Mr. T4 claiming that noting esle in "his eyes is pvp worthy. This is the problem. His kind is the problem. I stated this already.
    Dictating what is and what isn't to other people is inline with the worst kind of ego trippin!
    Malware, you do not make the rules. You rule nothing. Get over yourself. Telling people what they feel? Pretend to care? What is wrong with your reality? Stop making up things about other people you don't and never will know! It looks desperate.

This thread is done. Great job Malware... Sorry to all those that might of wanted to talk about something positive concerning pvp. I am also to blame for letting this "Bleep" get to me and lose my cool. I hold responsibility for my part in this. Wont happen again though. If anybody else would like to start a peaceful thread concerning pvp and it's plight, have at it.

But be warned there is an evil soul sucking virus on these forums...and his name is Malware!

Please close this thread

Thank you

Case in point. This really made my day. Thanks! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Case in point. This really made my day. Thanks! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
    Hey, any time. I have no EGO.
    I can look at my own faults and learn from them. And well, then there are others that will never learn. Going on "only" blaming other people for something you have had a part in is not healthy imo.

Must be the bigger person.

Now close this thread already! :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2012

You're a bit late for that. If you were the "bigger person" you would never have given in to name calling. You fail. :biggrin:

Again here you are demanding not only from Devs but also from Forum Mods. All because you can't handle criticisms. Grow up.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    You're a bit late for that. If you were the "bigger person" you would never have given in to name calling. You fail. :biggrin:

Again here you are demanding not only from Devs but also from Forum Mods. All because you can't handle criticisms. Grow up.
    Hey, Malware. Did you read what everybody but you has been saying? That people like you (pvp diehard) can't focus on what really matters. Only insults. "Children" "You fail"...you just can't move beyond your petty grumbles. I can. You just show it over and over again.

Are you saying you have nothing to do with name calling? That you didn't insult Jenny or myself? You can not take the blame for anything? Hmmm...

More of your twist and turns. Now i am demanding? I am demanding nothing. The little wink was a sign. A playful sign. Handle criticism? Again, you make up what you wish to be true. See my posts before. Everything you threw out there was a line drive right back at you. This time however, i am not going to call you names. For it is only you that can call people names it seems. Grow up? Wait...did you not read my last post?

Ohh..that's right, you only took from it once again what you wanted to hear.
    Well, read it again. The reason the thread needs to be closed has nothing to do with your fantasy of my not being able to handle noise, and everything about the heart of the topic
    going way way way off-line.

Being the bigger person doesn't mean i'm saying sorry to you. You attacked me. What it means is, i got away from what this thread was really all about, and i won't make that mistake again (if i make another thread). It was really for the Devs and mods. For any kind of response.

Now you are free to butcher the words i wrote into meaning something totally different.
    That is a skill i do not envy. Are you a sci-fi writer? If not, you should be.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and *******s. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to **** all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your *******s, Chuck. And all the *******s want us to **** all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** *******s, Chuck. And if they didn't **** the *******s, you know what you'd get? You'd get your **** and your ***** all covered in ****!

~TAWP
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Damn I lost my star-reading glasses.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and *******s. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to **** all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your *******s, Chuck. And all the *******s want us to **** all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** *******s, Chuck. And if they didn't **** the *******s, you know what you'd get? You'd get your **** and your ***** all covered in ****!

~TAWP
    LOL...hey can you say all that without getting in trouble with the mods...errr wait what mods. And which one of the three are you? Just asking. :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »

~TAWP

O_________o"

Likes Mezzing, likes to swear, are you Bezzys long lost twin?
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Hey, any time. I have no EGO.
    I can look at my own faults and learn from them. And well, then there are others that will never learn. Going on "only" blaming other people for something you have had a part in is not healthy imo.

Yes, you do have an ego.

Otherwise, you wouldn't by trying to make yourself look better.

Mal is mal, and if you were the one complaining about AoPM clones a while back I'd probably come hard down on you too if I had remembered. But I'm not gonna waste the time searching for the thread. If I find you were THAT guy, I'll start.

Mal's known to speak his mind and never sugarcoats it. That's just Mal. You don't have to like him or even give him the time of day.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Yes, you do have an ego.

Otherwise, you wouldn't by trying to make yourself look better.

Mal is mal, and if you were the one complaining about AoPM clones a while back I'd probably come hard down on you too if I had remembered. But I'm not gonna waste the time searching for the thread. If I find you were THAT guy, I'll start.

Mal's known to speak his mind and never sugarcoats it. That's just Mal. You don't have to like him or even give him the time of day.
    While it's ok to have your own opinion.
    It's yet another to tell people what they are thinking and their intent.
    There is no ego intentionally on display here, or attempt to look "Better" what ever that is. It is however an attempt to say "I should not of got caught up in the back in forth that has derailed this thread" nothing more. How people see it or take it, is out of my hands. I should of handled it better is the message here. I took responsibility for my actions. All you have to do is go back to the start to see that.

As for AOPM clones. I am that guy asking why people wanted to make copy cat builds.
    Not how. Which he seems to forget. And that ship has long sailed. He has not let it go. And if you would like to pick it back up "And start" as you say, that is your option.

Also, to say Mal is just Mal is not really acceptable for someones attack on others.
    Sorry. I am not the type to stand there and take that crap from anyone.
    If i make a mistake, i can say so and let it go. And some can't even admit they are wrong, even when more than a few people point it out to them.

At that point, the thing you said that makes the most sense is "not giving him the time of day.

And if you, him or anyone else has a question about how we got here...just start from the top. Because if it's going to be more of the same, i have most likely addressed it already.
    This also goes for the "Attack of the Aopm clones" thread.
  • Options
    mrf0rz1mrf0rz1 Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just consider that you're yourself and keep going on. Apply the same formula really. Noone's sacred, especially not this person.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    mrf0rz1 wrote: »
    Just consider that you're yourself and keep going on. Apply the same formula really. Noone's sacred, especially not this person.
    To be honest.
    I really am over it. And although i understand the whole "Stick up for a pal thing" secksegai surprised me most of all with the "If i find that you are that GUY comment". As if asking questions about Aopm was somehow a terrible deed. A threat? Sticking up for Malware?
    Not sure what that was all about.

I conform to nothing. I don't follow. If i don't know something, i ask until i do.
    I see that this isn't looked upon favorably by some.

And yes Mr f0rz1 i will continue to apply the same formula.
    You strike me as an individual that also thinks for himself.

Good for you.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Forz hits it on the head, no one is sacred -

Perhaps Mal holds resentment for something you said or asked in the forums previously. Whatever the case may be, Mal's views are his own, and he'll act and write accordingly.

I myself hold grudges, and freely admit to it, and that guy who used to leech Grav is reminded of such any time I see him/her in a hero game. Plenty has been said in these forums that can irritate others or whatever.

But understand, I wasn't writing to back Mal up, he doesn't need me to regardless. I have no issue with you responding harshly to him. Just don't play the bigger man card if you're going to.

Us pvp folks tend to be elitist, and I'll be the first to admit to such. But when it all comes down to it, it's just a game and one that's getting progressively worse at that. Don't take it too seriously. One can't pvp regularly and not have "detractors" or haters. But if you can back your stance, what does it matter what a few others say. (It's not like you're claiming something is cheating when the rest of the community says otherwise =)

Edit: Side note - I wonder if GC gets off on watching what's left of Pvp fight amongst themselves =P
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Edit: Side note - I wonder if GC gets off on watching what's left of Pvp fight amongst themselves =P

Nah I be thinking Sakura from Naruto is more his thing.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We can't police ourselves. There is no character growth.

There is no reason to grit one's teeth and bear performance gaps, especially since there is no shining reward at the end of the tunnel to close gaps. You end up being as strong as whatever you picked in the powerhouse for the rest of your time here, with nothing to look forward to. Yes, there is a gap. If you can't even approach good performance with the help of gear, what's the point of going on? (masochistic rationalizations are not the norm, so don't start.)

The environment and community are toxic. Only one game mode is played regularly, and it is often warped into a version of Zombie Apocalypse with no NPC assistance with a full SG or group with no-contact agreements among eachother harassing single players with unbeatable matchups of 2+ to 1 and respawn coverage for camping.

The first problem could improve with dev attention, sure. The second? Maybe it's just too late, and no one can save us from ourselves.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    We can't police ourselves. There is no character growth.

There is no reason to grit one's teeth and bear performance gaps, especially since there is no shining reward at the end of the tunnel to close gaps. You end up being as strong as whatever you picked in the powerhouse for the rest of your time here, with nothing to look forward to. Yes, there is a gap. If you can't even approach good performance with the help of gear, what's the point of going on? (masochistic rationalizations are not the norm, so don't start.)

The environment and community are toxic. Only one game mode is played regularly, and it is often warped into a version of Zombie Apocalypse with no NPC assistance with a full SG or group with no-contact agreements among eachother harassing single players with unbeatable matchups of 2+ to 1 and respawn coverage for camping.

The first problem could improve with dev attention, sure. The second? Maybe it's just too late, and no one can save us from ourselves.
    Yes i agree. Environment toxic. Can't get along. Grudges. It's sad really. Before alert i had very high hopes for pvp. Now i have very little hope indeed. I mean the mods and Devs don't even mention those three letters anymore.

Hate to say it, but Xeno might be right. They just want pvp to vanish. And with all this in- fighting we are helping it along in that direction. :confused: There will be nobody to fight with or against soon enough if this keeps up.
  • Options
    smoochansmoochan Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh look, the pvpers are coming to the conclusions that they were telling me I was wrong about a year ago. :rolleyes:

Champions Online: Be the hero you wish you could be in a better game.