test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vehicular Negligence X_X

underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
Could somebody please tell me this Vehicle Powers Preview post isn't serious? Early April Fools joke perhaps? You know, seeing how this isn't AT ALL what we were asking for out of a vehicles system and all. Where is the customization? As far as I'm concerned they're still just some lousy become devices. Just cause you can change a few powers around with mods let's them say they're fully customize-able? Give me a break!:mad:

At this point I'd rather just see them scrap the whole thing altogether, because I don't see the right amount of resources being used for what should be a huge update to the game. One that, if done right, could have been highly profitable. It's sad when you think about it.:frown:

Cryptic/PWI I wanna love you, but you just keep trying to push me away.
Post edited by underchicken on

Comments

• Options
    seisetsuseisetsu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How did you expect this to play out? Unless your saying you want to be able to choose the colors and what not, to be honest, I saw this only happening as a device anyway. Having a vehicle isn't a travel power, its pretty much a device... that you can customize, sorta like what they are giving. You care to elaborate how you wanted to see this done?
  • Options
    handsomerhandsomer Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, in my opinion (not saying that means anything), vehicles should have some sort of visual customization... it's what this whole game is about (well, aside from powers).

I think you should start off with a base (tank/bike/jet) and add on from there. You could buy "costume sets' that would fit within the theme of the vehicle and what not. You should be able to change the colors and mix & match different vehicle parts that you've unlocked/bought.

Obviously, this system would take more time & money to develop, but overall I think it would be more satisfying than what they are currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Could somebody please tell me this Vehicle Powers Preview post isn't serious? Early April Fools joke perhaps? You know, seeing how this isn't AT ALL what we were asking for out of a vehicles system and all. Where is the customization? As far as I'm concerned they're still just some lousy become devices. Just cause you can change a few powers around with mods let's them say they're fully customize-able? Give me a break!:mad:

At this point I'd rather just see them scrap the whole thing altogether, because I don't see the right amount of resources being used for what should be a huge update to the game. One that, if done right, could have been highly profitable. It's sad when you think about it.:frown:

Cryptic/PWI I wanna love you, but you just keep trying to push me away.

This is very much what i expected, but people will maybe still tell you that this are only
    "prototypes" even when 6 months have passed and Cryptic has already forgotten the whole
    Vehicle thing and works on another sensless gimmick.

But we will maybe also get some X-Wings and Galactia Fighters before, and maybe
    some Space-Alerts to destroy a Death-Star with them :tongue:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    In most mmo's mount(the equivalent of vehicles) are items in the inventory. That does not preclude the customization and other features we might want.

I am seeing vehicle like a work in progress, first we get fix vehicles, then some degree of customization, then a bit more and so on.

I think we also need to consider that some of some themes are better implemented as a travel power and others as vehicles.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    As stated a above,they did say in the UNTIL report that vehicles would have appearance customization,and also they said the vehicle system isn't done yet,hopefully when this is all said and done,the vehicles won't be lousy becomes,and have appearance customization,and not be so OP with the ranges on those things.
  • Options
    underchickenunderchicken Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    seisetsu wrote: »
    How did you expect this to play out? Unless your saying you want to be able to choose the colors and what not, to be honest, I saw this only happening as a device anyway. Having a vehicle isn't a travel power, its pretty much a device... that you can customize, sorta like what they are giving. You care to elaborate how you wanted to see this done?

Handsomer's post below yours pretty much nailed it on the head. But you can read all my thoughts on what the vehicle system should be over on the PTS forums. LINK

Yes a REAL vehicle system would take some development time and it should. It's about time they give CO some real love again. About time we got out of maintenance mode around here and became a real MMO again.