test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

*waves*

arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Introductions
Hi! I didn't even know there was a section of CO's forum for this but, figured I might as well post on it too when I found out and saw how many people do. I'm another CoH refugee. Played there for seven years on Virtue server with an occasional break for other games and have been on CO since the day NCSoft announced the shutdown.

Originally, I went by Phasma on that game if anyone from there happens to see this and remembers that name but, thanks to a bug in the mailing system they had, my global had to be changed and I didn't have a rename token so Arimikami is the name I was given. I met someone later with a sister named Arimi and according to them, one of the meanings for it is a peach pit meaning the global I was given means the spirit of a peach pit and it amused me enough to keep it. If any of you played a certain game by NCSoft with people that had wings (which I found out I can't name here when I previewed this post) in it's early days, I'm the Phasma from Lumiel that used to write guides for people on their forums and occasionally post threads about absolutely stupid things too.

I'm kind of a geek when it comes to MMOs and find them fascinating for numerous reasons. When I told one person about all the ones I've played, they said I qualify as an MMO shaman. :smile: When I started playing this one, I posted in my first toon's bio that I was here from CoH because it was shutting down and was honestly surprised at the comments made by others. I've played a lot of games but, none have had a community that was as welcoming as this one so, thank you for that.:biggrin: Been having a lot of fun here and am genuinely impressed by some of the things I've seen in CO. I'm also a huge fan of RP, especially non scripted improv RP so if you like RP and happen to see me (I'll probably be on Figment or Nike) feel free to just walk up and start RPing. I tend to suffer from tunnel vision when doing things like action packs though so, don't expect me to notice you've even said anything until three groups of NPCs later if you happen to be on one with me. I'm a fan of PvP as well. Don't know if I'll be doing it here though. I tend to like thematic builds and it looks like they may flounder against the more popular PvP builds on this game. I also like to poke fun and can be something of a smart a** but, I'm trying to be behave and not say anything that might offend in places like zone chat.

This post is getting way longer than I thought it would and this is time I could be using blowing up something, or someone, in game so, I'm gonna go now and do that. See ya there and bye! :smile:
Post edited by arimikami on

Comments

• lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Heyaz!

I don't RP or PvP, but that won't keep me from saying...

Welcome to our crazy little corner of the world!

:smile:
    _._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
  • arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks! Did you know that you have to put a minimum of ten characters in a post before it'll let you post it on this forum? I didn't until I tried to just say, "Thanks!". You learn something new every day. :biggrin:
    edited October 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Thanks! Did you know that you have to put a minimum of ten characters in a post before it'll let you post it on this forum? I didn't until I tried to just say, "Thanks!". You learn something new every day. :biggrin:

Jup! That's why you see some posts that say "10 char" or some variation thereof. It's
    to meet the requirement...

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited October 2012
    Oh hey! I forget to ask earlier but, how did you use a custom pic as your forum avatar? A friend sent me one I'd like to use but, I seem to be doing something wrong because it doesn't show up here.
    edited October 2012
    arimikami wrote: »
    Oh hey! I forget to ask earlier but, how did you use a custom pic as your forum avatar? A friend sent me one I'd like to use but, I seem to be doing something wrong because it doesn't show up here.

The link you're looking for is riiiiight about here!

Laws yes!
    edited October 2012
    You are just awesome and a font of helpful information. Thank you!