test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AP Resistance

phipiaphipia Posts: 8 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Missions and Content
I am on the last fight(killing the shadow destroyer. duoing with a friend and we have no heale I got killed so had to recover and could not get bakc to where the fight was because of the dome shield around the area we are fighting until he died resetting the shadow destroyers hit points this fight is impossible to do if you won't let us back into the fight after having to recover. I am not having a fun time with champions online first because these were bugged before and woudl not give me updates and now because of impossible fight mechanics.

I was hoping to find the enjoyment I found in the pen and paper version but have not and don't really think i want to continue.

where is the fun here
Post edited by phipia on

Comments

• cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, locking characters who get killed out isn't fair.
  • keikomystkeikomyst Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The lockouts only get worse, believe me.

That being said, you can try and try again until you finally win, and there are a couple of medics that spawn green health orbs you can grab to keep yourself alive.

Bring a friend/random person from Zone who's packing a revive power if the green orbs don't help. Also, purchasing healing items beforehand, despite their far-too-long cooldowns, they might help keep you afloat.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    phipia wrote: »
    I am on the last fight(killing the shadow destroyer. duoing with a friend and we have no heale I got killed so had to recover and could not get bakc to where the fight was because of the dome shield around the area we are fighting until he died resetting the shadow destroyers hit points this fight is impossible to do if you won't let us back into the fight after having to recover. I am not having a fun time with champions online first because these were bugged before and woudl not give me updates and now because of impossible fight mechanics.

I was hoping to find the enjoyment I found in the pen and paper version but have not and don't really think i want to continue.

where is the fun here

It's not an impossible fight - I've done it solo on several ATs some of which have no self healing.

That's not an impossible fight mechanic at all, unless your plan was to simply fight boss till death - recover- repeat.

The problem is you're probably attempting a fight beyond your capacity, especially if you're not near or at max level. In fact it be done at much earlier levels - but it's very dependent on what powers you have readily available.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,509 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Usually I do it with a 3 man team, but it can be done solo. Our #1 rule is that when anyone's green bar goes to half way down they must pull back and heal up to full while the rest of the team keeps the fight going. Occasionally someone loses track, dies, and gets locked out, but we have then often been able to complete it with just 2 toons. The immortal words of King Arthur are worth remembering: "Run away!"

I also encourage you to listen to the words of Dr. Destroyer during the battle. There's a big hint there about what the heroes are supposed to do in this fight.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!