test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hi Pan - what do i need to know?

forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Missions and Content
I missed the original release of this alert, I was working my way thru Starcraft 2 and doing something else at the time so I have no idea of what is really going on.

I just tried it for the first time with an Invuln ranged shooter L40 and we won. He did summon a yin yang circle a bunch of times and I got out of it asap but what would have happened if I hadn't? Am I s'posed to run out or should I remain inside?

I did search for threads about this but... "Hi Pan alert" gives a lot of rubbish results.

I mean yeah winning is good but I'd like to know what was going on.
Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
Post edited by forrksakesexco on

Comments

• thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Simply put, you stay out of the circle and dps him to death. Interestingly, its only the black sections that hurt. the white don't appear to do anything...not that there's any reason to be running around in circles during a firefight. Just stay out of the Circles path and high tail it when it lands on you. Any squishy toon pops from just a couple of seconds in the black.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Tyvm thelastsonofzod.
    Should add in case any Devs are watching that it has beautiful terrain compared to all other alerts. It is surely the prettiest alert we've ever had.
    Put me in mind of the Floating Islands level of Tomb Raider 2 not sure why tho!
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Simply put, you stay out of the circle and dps him to death. Interestingly, its only the black sections that hurt. the white don't appear to do anything...not that there's any reason to be running around in circles during a firefight. Just stay out of the Circles path and high tail it when it lands on you. Any squishy toon pops from just a couple of seconds in the black.

That isn't exactly true....

The black section grants you a buff which increases the damage you deal while the white section gives you a debuff that causes all damage to be increased on you...and yea it can hurt you..

Not standing in 'fire'(Aka avoid the damn circle) is the best choice of action but you can easily kite kill him in the black section only...except people stand in your way...so yea..

Oh and only the white section will hurt and kill you so remember that..

Oh and one moar thing! The dragon does aoe damage in the orange area highlighted on the ground...it does 2000 base damage

(Dragon) Celectial Dragon deals 214 (1972) Fire Damage to you with Huo.
    (White Sections) Hi Pan's Universe In Balance deals 1411 (3779) Dimensional Damage to you with Universe In Balance.
    (Black Sections) Hi Pan's Universe In Balance gives 281 Health Points to you with Universe In Balance.

I kid you not that is EXACTLY how they spelled celestial dragon in the combat log...
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    And ring the bell to scare the dragon away.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    And ring the bell to scare the dragon away.

Interesting, I'll need to start doing that.
    edited October 2012
    It's not there just for fun. :biggrin:
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you're a ranged DPSer then that's your job. You ring the bell. If you're a tank your job is to keep Hi-Pan away from the bell.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Interesting, I'll need to start doing that.

Keep in mind, he'll still get off at least two shots, because the bell doesn't let you ring it until he's already back up and it takes long enough to de-spawn him that he;ll get another shot up.

This is especially annoying if it's the 'ringer' he targeted, both times >.>

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    guyhumual wrote: »
    If you're a ranged DPSer then that's your job. You ring the bell. If you're a tank your job is to keep Hi-Pan away from the bell.

It's also the bell ringers job to pass the job to someone else if they have aggro and can't dump it.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    All these jobs in my play-for-fun game!

:wink:
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »
    All these jobs in my play-for-fun game!

:wink:

Seriously, this used to be my go to game when I was pissed off at all the useless zombies, Call of Duty zerg and die types, and all the other various idiots that tend to show up in my first person shooters.

A more laid back and relaxing game I didn't have to tryhard in, and didn't have to worry about other people being retarded on my team. It was nice.

Not quite filling that role lately. I don't understand why people insist all games need to be kill-the-player "hard," (I use the term loosely, as more often than not it's fake difficulty) and more importantly, why developers keep listening to them.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Also, FYI, it's SPECIFICALLY the dots that give the buff and debuff.

Yeah, I know, it doesn't SEEM like this, but that's what it's at least SUPPOSED to be. Doesn't work out like that in reality, because as usual CO's laggy nature means that on your screen the area that applies the buff or debuff can be anywhere vaguely in the area around the dot.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • ayonachanayonachan Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I am me and I do not get hurt while I am running around in the black section(except for hi-pan's regular attacks and the "celectial" dragon's attacks and even then they don't hurt me for much)

Note: I am not you nor anyone else who may or may not lag more than I, myself, do.
  • shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I missed the original release of this alert, I was working my way thru Starcraft 2 and doing something else at the time so I have no idea of what is really going on.

I just tried it for the first time with an Invuln ranged shooter L40 and we won. He did summon a yin yang circle a bunch of times and I got out of it asap but what would have happened if I hadn't? Am I s'posed to run out or should I remain inside?

I did search for threads about this but... "Hi Pan alert" gives a lot of rubbish results.

I mean yeah winning is good but I'd like to know what was going on.

Some pieces of advice....do NOT knock the enemies before Hi-Pan into the gorges....this will end up coming back to bite you later.
    Do Not be in such a hurry, Hi-Pan's clock will not start until it is triggered, the trigger point is after all the enemies.
    If you have an AOE attack that knocks people back and into the gorges....do not use it.
    What I mean by this is, any enemy you knock into the gorges will come back later on, this can end up hurting you in the end, because if you or any of your teammates die, you end up having to fight those enemies again on your way back through after dying....usually on your own. This is very counterproductive because it leaves at least 1 or 2 of your group out of the main fight, because they are then fighting the ones you and the others left behind in a bid to be the first one at Hi-Pan. Yes, you can get killed, even if you run a lvl 40 outside alerts. All it takes is a lucky shot by the Dragon or Hi-Pan or even the stupid Yin/Yang symbol.
    Hi-Pan must be triggered before his timer starts counting down, so stop being in a hurry and take care of the enemies before him correctly....by killing them, not throwing them into the gorges....Hi-Pan will still be there for you.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
    edited October 2012
    Do Not be in such a hurry
    Have you been watching me?
    But but... I'm melee and I haven't cycloned anything for almost a minute now!
    But but... I've got a really nice alpha striking Force Cascade...
    But but... I'm level 40 defensive passived, shouldn't I be the first in to keep the heat off the others..
    Yes I know I can check their levels but I rewired the fricking key to say "Electra Change" or did something else with it. Thinks must change that too "Electra Force Cascade".

Should add I'm not all of these things at once. Re edits adds but I am always 40!
  • shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Have you been watching me?
    But but... I'm melee and I haven't cycloned anything for almost a minute now!
    But but... I've got a really nice alpha striking Force Cascade...
    But but... I'm level 40 defensive passived, shouldn't I be the first in to keep the heat off the others..
    Yes I know I can check their levels but I rewired the fricking key to say "Electra Change" or did something else with it. Thinks must change that too "Electra Force Cascade".

Should add I'm not all of these things at once. Re edits adds but I am always 40!

LOL. No I haven't been watching or stalking you.

I just ran into a few groups where this happened a lot. I died once during one of these and ended up having to fight my way through almost ALL the enemies back to Hi-Pan, that sucked monkeybutt lol....it seems that one of the members had an AOE that tossed almost all the enemies into the gorges....except the few the rest of us killed off. I also talked to others who died during the Hi-Pan fight from a lucky shot and had to fight their way back through....it really pissed them off.

I do not know why so many are in such a hurry, until you trigger him, Hi-Pan will not run away and such. So for those of you doing that....slow down and kill off all the effing enemies. Because you never know, it might just be you that ends up having to fight their way back....especially if you only have like a minute on the clock to collect the prize after everyone else has already killed him.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
    edited October 2012
    Oh cruel ironies I have just encountered this myself...
    Somebody thought it would be good to do force det.... Something glitched I guess I tried looking for missing baddies but couldn't find any and we couldn't confront Hi Pan then people just dropped out. No score that time!
    edited October 2012
    1 important thing to know about Hi Pan is, that he cannot pronounce Millennium City Police Department.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    1 important thing to know about Hi Pan is, that he cannot pronounce Millennium City Police Department.
    Oh snap!

:biggrin:
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited October 2012
    Oh snap!

rofl
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    shytala wrote: »
    by killing them, not throwing them into the gorges....Hi-Pan will still be there for you.

I got some REALLY bad advice when this event first came out; 'Knock'em off, they die'. I was playing a force/might tank with roomsweeper.

Needless to say, I soon discovered this was really BAD advice.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • cptvanorcptvanor Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ventani wrote: »
    I got some REALLY bad advice when this event first came out; 'Knock'em off, they die'.

Logically you'd think that would work. I used roomsweaper a ton in Snake Gulch for that very reason.

But for some reason any spawn that isn't completely killed, will respawn at some point, even if there's only 1 NPC that got knocked off, the whole spawn comes back. I'd guess it happens when you start the Hi-Pan fight.

I actually lost out on a reward of this, because every single spawn had been knocked off, and when I died and respawned, I couldn't make it though them. Hi-Pan was defeated shortly after that, and so everyone left...