test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I <3 the 11K Q sets!

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Items and Crafting
Other than Silver Champion Gear for crit or dodge-builds, the 11K Q pieces just make life while leveling up so much easier. You need some extra defense? Pick the Armadillo set. Want more damage? The Cyber or Samurai sets are for you, (for non-physical or physical damage, respectively).

Now, I realize that these sets only provide their bonuses for having 3 or 6 pieces in the same set equipped, but the simple fact that they *do* provide a bonus and that they level up as you do means that there's no fussing w/ gear getting out of date.

I, for one, would like to see similar sets added for healing and perhaps crowd control abilities. Would a crit-based one be too powerful? What about one that improved perception or dodge?

Either way, I just like the worry-free nature of these sets when it comes to playing my newest sub-40 alt. :biggrin:

Anyone else have any thoughts or insights on these pieces of gear?
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dwanlighterdwanlighter Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find that until 15th, you really don't get much benefit out of this questionite armour. Below 10th, the armour is actually worse than what you can find. The reason for this is that the major benefit of having the amour is that it boosts all three of your super stats but until you have at least one superstat, it is simply a sub-par piece of amour.

Once you have achieved 15th level, then it becomes good. I like how I don't have try selecting pieces of armour to balance my superstats - the armour does it for me and provides a decent amount as well.

The major drawback I can find with this armour is that if you want to obtain the full bonus, then you can no longer use gear to raise a non-superstat - which is a problem if your build requires more CON or REC. To solve this problem, you are either going to have to spent your talents getting the non-superstat, or take aura of primal majesty as your passive. Interestingy, as the questionite armour adds a lot of points to your superstats, it is actually pretty good for the aura.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm... you bring up a good point about the 11K Q pieces not boosting *other* stats. Honestly, I pretty much only focused on my super stats for my characters, so I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for bringing it up!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • ventaniventani Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nemesis gear is roughly the same, but has a resource bonus set effect and the Vanguard/Nemesis primary slot rewards have 9% bonus XP.

And yes, the are most awesome. I generally shy away from buying a set for a character till they hit 40 though.

Formerly Aeolwind
    Nothing witty, just angst.
    Primus Database of Characters
    40 Count = 6
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They're fine for leveling if you don't have access to nem heirloom, but other than that I can get much better performance out of modified scr equipment once I hit 40.
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The secondaries are still kind of decent even at 40. Regen users in particular benefits quite a bit from the Armadillo set, much cheaper than getting purple Q secondaries too.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I value them for the ease of use over the character's entire career, not just "life at 40".

The set bonuses are also a key element here - get 3 or 6 pieces of the Armadillo set if you're using an offensive passive to help makeup for the lack of defense.
  • jimhsuajimhsua Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hubrix wrote: »
    The secondaries are still kind of decent even at 40. Regen users in particular benefits quite a bit from the Armadillo set, much cheaper than getting purple Q secondaries too.

Based on a quick calculation:

25% DR = 105.9 Def (formula: DR = 0.236*Def by regression fitting)
    Taking Strength/Vindicator/Warden scales def by about 1.6.
    so, 66.2 Def / 3 = each piece is worth 22 def, on top of the already existing def. This number is larger for those without the above spec tree. That is quite freaking decent for a secondary
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i love them as well
    i haven't seen the best thing about them mentioned yet
    you can completely change everything about your character and not have to worry about new gear
    even at 40 you can try out every stat combo in the powerhouse before deciding and buying your lev 40 gear.
    this saves so much time and money
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The 11k Q sets do have their place. I've never used the Primary Q-Gear (during leveling I like the 9% XP buff of the Nemmy Gear and at L40 Silver Champion gear is superior).

But the Secondary Q-Gear I've tested does have it's place at L40 (assuming you're working with all three-pieces, getting the set bonus) and are good while leveling if you don't have Nemmy gear.

While leveling I like the Nemesis gear better. The scaling is not the same, so you get higher Super Stats with Nemmy gear as you level. During leveling, when I tested it, the +25% to dmg of the Samurai or Cyber Augmented secondary sets does not outweight the loss in SS. So, again, Nemmy secondaries are better until you get to L40. I haven't tried the Armadillo Q-Gear yet.

Once at L40, Nemmy and Q-gear provide the same buffs to SS (+19 to PSS, +8.5 to each SS or a total of +36 each (+108 for a set of three)) and the Q-Gear's +25% direct buff to damage becomes viable over Nemmy.

Having a Q-Gear set with +108 SS + 25% Dmg is even better for DPS than having 3x "standard" +20/2Stat Purple Gear or +120 SS.

My L40 Brawler/Might character Gorlo uses the Samurai Secondary Set for added punch. And they work great! I used a scratch pad and vendor sold the purples after testing, so I don't have the exact numbers handy, but I did compare and I got better stats with the Q-Gear (as I recall the Q-Gear added about 100-125pts of dmg to the top-end of my Demolish and Uppercut attacks).

Since my Gorlo test, I plan to use the Q-Gear for secondaries more often. I have a Cyber Augmented set on a blaster, but she hasn't reached L40 yet, so they're sitting in her bank while she uses Nemmy to rank-up.

So yeah... I too <3 the 11K Q sets.
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • jasinblazejasinblaze Posts: 1,360 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    also the gear sidekicks with you during alerts :)