Install Arc
Options

Mega-Destroid Event Status

2»

Comments

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For what it's worth, I am aware of this, and have forwarded it to the devs. We're looking at the impact.

My thanks, I'll await this patiently (well actually pretty impatiently:tongue:).
  • Options
    zoenderszoenders Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The invasion was awesome. Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for appearing in the game to play and to answer questions, TT.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    For what it's worth, I am aware of this, and have forwarded it to the devs. We're looking at the impact.

Thank you, Trailturtle. When you hear reports of Gravitar, the current 'epic' fight we have in CO, being beaten in under 2 minutes, something is seriously wrong.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Please leave the devices alone. It is bad enough most power sets have been nerfed already.
    Maybe change their rank to level 30 or something if they are to be changed and to be fair, people buy them or win them thorugh effort or through constant battles.
    I myself ended up with 1 until token mostly for the battle of Mega D event and that was at number 1 in the chart and so Im not bitter lol.
    The other thing that maybe they could do is not allow the devices to be used in alerts such as the jets are not allowed to be but in my opinion I would rather see our level cap raised to 60 so that the devices dont make mcuh impact anyway.
    Sorry Im ranting but I have already had to recon to many builds over the last year as people moan about uber PVP builds or powers.
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mholds1 wrote: »
    Please leave the devices alone. It is bad enough most power sets have been nerfed already.
    Maybe change their rank to level 30 or something if they are to be changed and to be fair, people buy them or win them thorugh effort or through constant battles.
    I myself ended up with 1 until token mostly for the battle of Mega D event and that was at number 1 in the chart and so Im not bitter lol.
    The other thing that maybe they could do is not allow the devices to be used in alerts such as the jets are not allowed to be but in my opinion I would rather see our level cap raised to 60 so that the devices dont make mcuh impact anyway.
    Sorry Im ranting but I have already had to recon to many builds over the last year as people moan about uber PVP builds or powers.

The funny thing is with these devices out right now, you're not getting #1 again unless you have them yourself.
  • Options
    mholds1mholds1 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I cant fit anymore devices in anyway, tend to use bloodmoon ones for survival and a faithful jet :)
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They just need to fix the cooldown on em and the ability to use them on certain maps. that is all.

or else they're gonna need to remove every single sidekick, revenant, device, etc...
    edited October 2012
    Personally with a 15 sec summon time and 22 minute cooldown I find it fine as is.

Then again, I didn't get a chance to shoot for the event.
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aiqa wrote: »
    Having these things in their current form is breaking the game. If you like a broken game, that is your choice, I am going to keep asking for changes.

I have a few of these devices, if they are added to the Q store, it is fine by me. They just need to be nerfed, then nerfed again, and after that be nerfed some more.

Besides breaking the game, it shows blatant disregard to the builds people have been making and tweaking for years.

Just disallow them in PvP and you're good to go. :rolleyes:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    And you can have five of these out at the same time.

Ok I will admit that is major-league stupid. I didn't know about that. :frown:

But then due to the length of the "event" and the fact that the RNG hates me... well I don't have ANY of them to know that do I. :mad:

Was this yet another case of an issue from PTS that was reported and ignored? :confused:

• Options
    edited October 2012
    mainscrizz wrote: »
    They just need to fix the cooldown on em and the ability to use them on certain maps. that is all.

or else they're gonna need to remove every single sidekick, revenant, device, etc...

Sidekicks do nowhere near the damage of the backups. But I agree that simply disabling them in areas designed for multiple people/teaming/PvP would fix most of the problems.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Just disallow them in PvP and you're good to go. :rolleyes:

aiqa wasn't just referring to PvP. Had building around these devices produced comparable or even slightly more damage than most high end builds, it would be fine but they don't. They render every other build obsolete. Might as well turn every other character into an RP only hero because you're not going to be contributing anything meaningful with these things running around.
    Ok I will admit that is major-league stupid. I didn't know about that. :frown:

But then due to the length of the "event" and the fact that the RNG hates me... well I don't have ANY of them to know that do I. :mad:

Was this yet another case of an issue from PTS that was reported and ignored? :confused:

No, it was a case of not enough of them dropped in PTS for proper testing to be done. I actually have access to 2 of the devices right now but it's precisely because that most people don't have them that they should be nerfed. It severely unbalances the playing field. I bet a low level can outdamage a geared level 40 just by having Revitalize and a few of these devices.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This "event" (more like an incident) was just 'okay.' People were blocked from dueling and hanging out around the middle of the ren center because of Sapphire's cat-strangling shenanigans, then after days of that, Dr. Destroyer is all talk for a whole week. Then he didn't even show up. Instead, amped-up mega-destroids start "terrorizing" the Champions building.

Afterwards, noobs who got lucky and won level 60 champions sidekicks start using them in duels because their copy-builds would be useless otherwise. Not to mention that the bots were causing several users to crash.

You guys can do better than this.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm hoping you guys decide to extend the time when you finally get these back up. I want to get my revenge now that I finally have a level 40 ranged. Doing the Destroids as Melee and having two of them next to each other was a huge pain when Ranged could stand back (with 100yd abilities) and just nuke.

I was so ready, then you turned it off. So yeah..I need my revenge! GIVE IT TO ME D:

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Lucy, you are aware that the Powerhouse has arenas specifically intended for dueling, yes? It doesn't have to take up public space and slow down everyone else's computers. The middle of RenCen was apparently intended as an RP space, maybe a nice place to hold an occasional CC; the fact that duelers took it over does not mean that this is what it's for.

As for these new devices trivializing Gravitar, I wish someone had brought one with them into the Grav Alert I signed up for; as it was, I had a nice little nap on the sidewalk for about seven or eight minutes. It would seem that ATs aren't really a good choice for this particular Alert.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I wish I could be in on the Backup Exploit. Heh. I'd love to have a few successful goes at Gravitar. I only got to do the MD Event once... :rolleyes:

:biggrin:
    somebob wrote: »
    ...At the utter absolute least, they need to be unaffected by cooldown modifications. Like the veteran potions of nobody uses...
    If you're referring to Heroic Resonance, then those *are* affected by Cooldown Reduction from things like Intelligence Stat and Gear. I like my HRs, *especially* on toons with high Intelligence. I believe one of my toons can use his Tremendous-Level HR about ever 10mins, or some other "reasonably" short amount of time... Why wouldn't anyone use them? >shrug<
    jIBJh7X.jpg
    When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
    there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Lucy, you are aware that the Powerhouse has arenas specifically intended for dueling, yes? It doesn't have to take up public space and slow down everyone else's computers. The middle of RenCen was apparently intended as an RP space, maybe a nice place to hold an occasional CC; the fact that duelers took it over does not mean that this is what it's for.

As for these new devices trivializing Gravitar, I wish someone had brought one with them into the Grav Alert I signed up for; as it was, I had a nice little nap on the sidewalk for about seven or eight minutes. It would seem that ATs aren't really a good choice for this particular Alert.

Yup Ren Cen by wut some devs have said was meant to be a hang with ur pals area but the made a big mistake by making it look like a frigging SUMO ring :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If you're referring to Heroic Resonance, then those *are* affected by Cooldown Reduction from things like Intelligence Stat and Gear. I like my HRs, *especially* on toons with high Intelligence. I believe one of my toons can use his Tremendous-Level HR about ever 10mins, or some other "reasonably" short amount of time... Why wouldn't anyone use them? >shrug<

It does work? Oh wow. Or, with Int primary and Revitalize, you too can also use them every 33 seconds. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Same. Love em. Would be nice if they weren't all on the same timer tho.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    mholds1 wrote: »
    Please leave the devices alone. It is bad enough most power sets have been nerfed already:

Actually most powersets and characters (unless they chose to not take advantage of the options provided) are much more powerful than they were at the beginning of the year....by a considerable margin.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I have yet to see anything indicating that ren center is not intended to be used for dueling as much as anything else. If you can provide a link to a quote from a Cryptic representative supporting this idea I would be grateful.

There is a CC stadium in the powerhouse too btw.

The dueling arenas have a flawed design that prevents them from fulfilling their supposed purposefor the dueling community. Since the flaws were pointed out early in the development cycle of the new PH, and since they were pushed live with the full knowledge that they could not serve as a primary dueling location for the dueling community, its arguable that they are not intended to replace open world dueling.

Is dueling the only thing happening in the open world ? Should people be asked to not play missions that occur in the open world so as to avoid impacting other players' computers ?

It would seem that ATs aren't really a good choice for this particular Alert.

It does very much depend on the AT and the group.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It would seem that ATs aren't really a good choice for this particular Alert.

The dps AT's are very dependent on healers, an AT like the master can probably solo her..... if you can stay awake that long.
  • Options
    mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The dps AT's are very dependent on healers, an AT like the master can probably solo her..... if you can stay awake that long.

they just need to fly above the action and unleash the destruction.
    That's what I do, no heals needed
    edited October 2012
    The only thing that was close to being this broken was the bugged unleashed rage we had after the on alert patch.

These devices enable you to kill any high end boss in a few minutes....

I've seen people using stacks of these against Gravitar. It is nowhere near as broken as Smoke Grenade used to be. Soldiers used to be able to solo Gravitar. I don't see the backups having anywhere near that level of game-breaking ability.

This is all academic anyways - they need nerfing. But I don't think they are nearly as bad as you are making them out to be. Fixing content like Vibora Apoc and Resistance is a much bigger priority for me personally.
  • Options
    edited October 2012

Oh that works? I thought they had increased her range.
  • Options
    zedulonzedulon Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh that works? I thought they had increased her range.

Stay 90 feet from the Mega-D's in the invasion event and you'll never take a point of damage. A L40 Soldier can trivially score top-5 DPS in the invasion event.

Gravitar, on the other hand, will hit you anywhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    zedulon wrote: »
    I've seen people using stacks of these against Gravitar. It is nowhere near as broken as Smoke Grenade used to be. Soldiers used to be able to solo Gravitar. I don't see the backups having anywhere near that level of game-breaking ability.

This is all academic anyways - they need nerfing. But I don't think they are nearly as bad as you are making them out to be. Fixing content like Vibora Apoc and Resistance is a much bigger priority for me personally.

Agreed it is academic. :smile:

The kind of builds that make best use of this are so hard to kill they are borderline broken, soldiers were in much more danger of dying even when smoke grenade worked.
    Having 2 champions active at all time will give these builds a couple of tens of thousands dps, so they will be unkillable but kill everything else in instants.

What I have seen used so far was not the full set of devices, and not used by multiple players. When the event resumes, and people are getting their full sets, using 30 devices in 5 player content, or 60 in 10 player content, or god knows how much in open world content, will instantly destroy any fight in the game. And with the recharge time able to go down to a little over 30 seconds easily, this is by far the most breaking thing ever in this game.
  • Options
    rixrix Posts: 18
    edited October 2012
    Stay 90 feet from the Mega-D's in the invasion event and you'll never take a point of damage. A L40 Soldier can trivially score top-5 DPS in the invasion event.

Gravitar, on the other hand, will hit you anywhere.

The only reason the Mega Ds are not hitting you if you range them is because they can only hit a certain amount of targets with their AoEs, their AoEs do have a range of around 100. Being farther away just means you are less likely to be hit, as there are closer players to be the AoEs target.
  • Options
    shytalashytala Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I personally could care less about the back-ups,since few of the perms(unless you were really,really lucky) were given out before the whole thing broke everything and everyone lol. And the non-perms disappear after a certain amount of use.

I agree that fixing things like Resistance and Vibora Bay and the Costume Pieces that aren't showing up are higher up in my estimation.

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    So F'ing what? Grav was already a joke, and a bad one. And FINALLY noobs and idgits in Alerts are no longer a problem. Sounds like progress to me. :wink:

And I hate to tell you dude, but that cat is out of the bag, that boat has sailed, the barn door has already been left open.... Clear enough?

Let me guess, you got yours and just don't want others to have them as well eh?

Heh. Maybe one of you PTS-enabled Golds should have figured the obvious out and alerted the troops on PTS, BEFORE they got out into the wild eh? :rolleyes:

See, if this was a trivial item that didn't affect people, and he protesting it being sold, i could share your sentiment of people being greedy and selfish and not wanting others to also have a nifty toy.

Except. I don't have any of these permanent version devices, and i too think they should be sold in store, at least after the event is well and truly over, BUT they should be FIXED.

To blatantly accuse someone of being selfish for not wanting a device being sold when it's full well known to be massively bugged - which you indicate knowledge of this fact with your attitude that gravitar and alerts deserve a revser take for once - is in itself also a selfish thing. People need to learn to compromise.

You get people saying not to sell it because it's broken and then you get people saying to sell it but don't even bother to add in to fix it as well as sell it. I'll say there are some sensible people who do have the same thinking of both fixing it as the main priority, and sell it in store afterward.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Mega-Ds' event already fix and moving? I still don't see anything. >.<
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yup. That's the way I do it, too. Many seem to think the Teleport is the BIG fix for weaknesses of many ATs but it is all dependent on strategy. As long as I can avoid getting mobbed in the air, a rare thing, my Electric Hero, Bolt, does just fine from a distance.

Gets shaky vs a Mega-D, but it can be fun being under level vs a BIG challenge. As Captain Kirk once said, "Risk is our business." He may not have been talking about the Superhero business, but he might as well have been. :biggrin:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,072 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just had a funny thought before I head off today.

[Summon Gravitar!]

vs

[Summon Sapphire!]
  • Options
    zoenderszoenders Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Can a summon be killed?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    To blatantly accuse someone of being selfish for not wanting a device being sold when it's full well known to be massively bugged - which you indicate knowledge of this fact with your attitude that gravitar and alerts deserve a revser take for once - is in itself also a selfish thing. People need to learn to compromise.

Oh yes, how can I be so selfish as to want EVERYONE to be able to get cool and useful items that dropped from a borked event. Bad bad me. :rolleyes:

Fine. Here's a compromise. Remove the damn things from the game, as if they never were. Then no need to do anything and we don't have only a few people running around with them while others go without - and with NO WAY TO GET THEM.

Heh we all know that's never gonna happen. :frown:

• Options
    wesleytansgwesleytansg Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    since some of you guys cannot see what is happening in PTS. Well here's an idea, they are testing the nerf to the backup devices.

Shared cooldown. Revitalise does not work on them anymore.

Basically you can use any but just 1 of the device and then wait 30 minutes for the next use.

This equates to 100k damage over 30min or 10k damage over 3min or 3.3k damage over 1min or 55 damage in 1 sec. It is going to be weaker than an energy builder. LOL. The device will be a joke basically and revenant of fireflight will be much much better. SO no one will buy these device even if they did make it to C store and no one will bother to do the event other than to get Gs. Wow, sounds like another Gravitar queue before people started using the backups.

TT - please feedback about the over nerf. Either no shared cool down or let revitalise work but not both.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    since some of you guys cannot see what is happening in PTS. Well here's an idea, they are testing the nerf to the backup devices.

Basically you can use any but just 1 of the device and then wait 30 minutes for the next use.

This equates to 100k damage over 30min or 10k damage over 3min or 3.3k damage over 1min or 55 damage in 1 sec. It is going to be weaker than an energy builder. LOL. The device will be a joke basically and revenant of fireflight will be much much better. SO no one will buy these device even if they did make it to C store and no one will bother to do the event other than to get Gs. Wow, sounds like another Gravitar queue before people started using the backups.

TT - please feedback about the over nerf. Either no shared cool down or let revitalise work but not both.

Nobody should be penalized for their build. If you want to be able to summon it repeatedly then take revitalize over something else that used to fit your build. But afaik, none of the devices DO NOT have a shared cooldown and those devices should NEVER have been approved to leave PTS without a shared cooldown.

Or at lvl 60. What else is that high? Nothing.

Devs... if you cannot be consistent with your functionality, then don't release your feature. Duh!

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Nobody should be penalized for their build. If you want to be able to summon it repeatedly then take revitalize over something else that used to fit your build. But afaik, none of the devices DO NOT have a shared cooldown and those devices should NEVER have been approved to leave PTS without a shared cooldown.

Or at lvl 60. What else is that high? Nothing.

Devs... if you cannot be consistent with your functionality, then don't release your feature. Duh!

Err that's my point you cannot summon them repeatedly because revitalise does not work on them in PTS anymore.

I also agree that they should not have been released in this state because there are those who spent time farming, resources trading and buying. Within such a short period of time making such a change will impact these players.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Err that's my point you cannot summon them repeatedly because revitalise does not work on them in PTS anymore.

I also agree that they should not have been released in this state because there are those who spent time farming, resources trading and buying. Within such a short period of time making such a change will impact these players.

Yah other than the possibility of no shared cooldown, I was agreeing with you. Nerfing Revitalize shouldn't even be an option since a reduced cooldown is the whole point of taking it over another specialization. But since all current devices have a shared cooldown....

Sadly most MMOs tend to swing the nerf bat overly hard and this is yet another case. Thanks for the warning. :biggrin:

Oh well, there's always the globals... 'til that gets nerfed too. :frown:

See, this is why I stopped giving these people money. :wink:

• Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Cryptic's Apparent Master Plan:

1.) Promote epic Destroid raid event offering the chance for very rare, interesting new device drops.
    2.) Cancel the event prematurely, disappointing those who didn't get a chance to participate.
    3.) Drastically nerf the item drops after the fact, disappointing those who did get a chance to participate.
    4.) Profit?
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    quasimojo1 wrote: »
    Cryptic's Apparent Master Plan:

1.) Promote epic Destroid raid event offering the chance for very rare, interesting new device drops.
    2.) Cancel the event prematurely, disappointing those who didn't get a chance to participate.
    3.) Drastically nerf the item drops after the fact, disappointing those who did get a chance to participate.
    4.) Profit?

I know some people spent cash to buy zen points for c store items in order to trade for the drops. However I do not wish to see this as a conspiracy theory but rather a case of erroneous pitching.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Oh I was being sarcastic with the "profit" part. I don't think it was anything nefarious, just an unfortunate series of events. I hope Cryptic gets some more budget for the CO team, so that these things can go more smoothly in the future.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Seems like a usage mechanics fix rather than a nerf. DPS of the device x dmg/y active duration has changed?

Your maths is equating to a character's total dps by adding to the fight duration where CD matters. Nothing in this game so far necessarily requires 30mins for a team of 5 to kill for that equation to be true.
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    See, if this was a trivial item that didn't affect people, and he protesting it being sold, i could share your sentiment of people being greedy and selfish and not wanting others to also have a nifty toy.

Except. I don't have any of these permanent version devices, and i too think they should be sold in store, at least after the event is well and truly over, BUT they should be FIXED.

You get people saying not to sell it because it's broken and then you get people saying to sell it but don't even bother to add in to fix it as well as sell it. I'll say there are some sensible people who do have the same thinking of both fixing it as the main priority, and sell it in store afterward.
    Oh yes, how can I be so selfish as to want EVERYONE to be able to get cool and useful items that dropped from a borked event. Bad bad me. :rolleyes:

Fine. Here's a compromise. Remove the damn things from the game, as if they never were. Then no need to do anything and we don't have only a few people running around with them while others go without - and with NO WAY TO GET THEM.

Heh we all know that's never gonna happen. :frown:

I like how you only quoted one chunk of what i typed and responded with tunnelled vision. Notice how i'm saying it should be fixed? Yeah, that's what you conveniently ignored in your rhetoric to try and imply i'm selfish or ignorant, when it was you who is being selective in what they see.

You make it sound like i say it should not be sold AT ALL.

I did not say that.

What i said was, it should be FIXED first, then sold. But i guess some people are selfish and want an OP item for sale, rather than a properly balanced item.

Again, i will repeat this, since you might have a higher chance to see if i mention it non stop, i also want everyone to have a fair chance to get this item if they missed out. I just want it fixed as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Good news. Mega-Destroid Event will be fixed up to huge waist of time and resource. :(

Release Notes, October 5
    -Backup Devices" now have a shared 30 Minute Cooldown
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Hows fix going? :3