Install Arc
Options

Mega-Destroid Invasion Starts Thursday

2»

Comments

• Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    UPDATE: We're going to be pushing a fix later on in the day that should resolve this issue. It should be a frankenfix, so we shouldn't need any downtime. I'll update as I learn more.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I expect you'll be releasing special edition fart flight Sapphire action figures to compensate?:tongue:
  • Options
    mensarmensar Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Uhhh.. yeahhhh...

Been #1 on Server 3 for the last two battles and haven't gotten anything. Tried to tell Robobobo or whatever while he was there.. no response.

The crashing is crazy. No lag at all through 90% of the fight them BAM.. crash. Log in, crash immediately (near the battle). Login, crash immediately. 4x in a row then finally I log in and the event is over.. no problems at all. Oh wait, wrong shard. Can't get back to #3 until the event is over though.. the server is full. Finally get there and see my name #1 on the list and, of course, I don't get anything since the crash made me come back on a different server.

This is truly become the thrown-together mess I'm starting to expect from you guys lately. With all the bugs and all the issues. It may be time to start looking at firing your QA folks. If you have any...

And I'm on a quad 3.8 alienware with dual 2gb video cards and 105 mb/sec internet.

Never had any problem beyond the odd occasional crash when I've been logged in for hours and hours switching between maps.

ANd yes, feel like there should be some compensation in the form of some AF or something showing we were at least involved. And what's up with the loot tables? Yes, I think everyone should have a chance at getting something. But when I've been number one earlier I got a green? Doesn't exactly lend itself toward putting extra effort into helping.

And yes, this is Bacon Overlord.. naturally I couldn't get my name because they screwed up with they linked my account. Another GO FIGURE.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yep. About what I expected. I hate to be harsh, but...

1- Crashing after this was plainly and clearly addressed on the PTS multiple times. I'm mostly inclined to say you might as well get rid of the PTS altogether, because the problems aren't fixed until they go live for a few hours.

2- A 'sidekick' device isn't my idea of a reward. And it's delightful to go to Drifter and see he's got the same crap he's had for months that everyone has at this point. Drifter Salvage is as worthless as wooden nickels to me, so now grab bags are small percent chance jet, slightly greater chance of costume piece I already own, even slightly more chance of silly gadget/power that I don't care about, and huge chance of what pretty much amounts to nothing.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For me lag has gone WAY up since this patch, there is a lot of rubberbanding, especially after zoning. Also since this patch npc attacks seem to regularly do their damage before displaying any warning or attack animation. FPS is still good, and ping is just what it used to be: 150 to 200ms in game, about 130ms from cmd ping.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We'll be having a midday maintenance today to resolve these issues.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=179151
  • Options
    hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Trailturtle, I can't seem to find any info on it but was there an announcement on how long the event will be running?
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,067 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ironclad's back up device is um...very strong. His sword seems to slice through anything and everything.

Hit my friend who I tested it on for 41k. Is this meant to happen?
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ironclad's back up device is um...very strong. His sword seems to slice through anything and everything.

They are level 60. Why they only stick around for 15 seconds. :D
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gaelyn1gaelyn1 Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    /ironic mode on :

What i like in this game and in this event which is like all others, when you are 1st or 2nd or 3rd in the scoreboard, you have trash loot, green item reward.

And if you afk in the fight, you can also have a purple. It's very cool. Or not.

I understand you don't want to frustrate some players but if you frustrate your others players who can win the contest, it could be as the last winter event, they don't play anymore at the event and others players can't win. Remember the last "winter teddy bear", dear Cryptic.

/ironic mode off
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Please note that some players are getting blasted down to level 1 after this event.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Posts: 3,781 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I've heard they only last for 15 seconds when summoned before going on cooldown. If true then I expect the damage is about right.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Last year during Halloween and then again during the Winter Event in order to limit the system crashes they decided to remove all of the moving cars. I've been wondering why there seem to be more cars then ever this even. :confused:

Worked well during Halloween, but even with the moving cars gone and things sped up, I could still only complete normal tasks during the Winter Event. I gave up on ever completing a battle with Clarence. Not CO's fault, mine for using an under-powered PC. :frown:

Besides, in my book, removing moving vehicles from roads only makes sense. Both in RL and in fiction, during any BIG emergency citizens are told to clear the roads for emergency crews and/or military vehicles. So, to me, it make perfect sense to clear the roads if/when giant robots begin stomping about downtown. Or giant Teddy Bears. Or giant Lizards or giant Apes. <
    not the trademarked kind

Actually, this really has been a great Anniversary treat. First it was the Thugs, now Destroids. Perhaps from time to time, we might see other city wide invasions. Alien invasions are obvious. Qularr or Gadroon doing the same thing as Dr. Destroyer spreading their troops about the city as a prelude to a final assault on Champs HQ (or perhaps Cryptic HQ). :eek:

The invasion possibilities are endless. Monster Island critters, Robot Cowboys, Lemurian, Irradiates, Demons, PSI, Argent, VIPER, Ghosts, BigFoots, etc, etc.

Personally I want to see a Temporal Invasion. A Time traveling villain from the future, comes back to eliminate The Champions because he keeps having so much trouble with their heroic offspring in the future. But I'm weird like that. :wink:
    ZedBlock-200.jpg
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This hasn't been much of an invasion, the destroid bots just stand around waiting to be killed, for future attempts perhaps have the invading villains actually attacking places around the city.

The Mega D fight is rather bland and uninspiring, add to it the ease at which they can one shot someone (even while blocking), and the frequency at which I've gotten greens and a bill (star refill) leave a lot to be desired with this event.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, this is just G farm. xD
  • Options
    skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    /ironic mode on :

What i like in this game and in this event which is like all others, when you are 1st or 2nd or 3rd in the scoreboard, you have trash loot, green item reward.

And if you afk in the fight, you can also have a purple. It's very cool. Or not.

I understand you don't want to frustrate some players but if you frustrate your others players who can win the contest, it could be as the last winter event, they don't play anymore at the event and others players can't win. Remember the last "winter teddy bear", dear Cryptic.

/ironic mode off

Actually, i think it was just because the rewards for the effort were junk. The original Clarence had under 1m HP, but after Takofanes being farmed so fat, they decided to up the total HP but not add any new or decent rewards. meanwhile keeping the timer the same, meaning people had less time to do more damage for the same old rewards that weren't even worth it.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The invasions should have been staggered, so there is a bit of an incentive to take part in more than 1. It would have also been cool if the destroids started a distance away from the Champions HQ and destroyed buildings on their way to Champions HQ. When finally there, they should have tried to actually destroy the HQ building as well.

I also don't like how this event specifically excludes lower level players - sure, even the "scary monster" enemies were tough for low level players, but at least they stood a chance. I see no reason why they couldn't have had it spawn, say, 9 Mega-D's using the scary tech instead of these "look at you funny and you're dead" level 60's.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The invasions should have been staggered, so there is a bit of an incentive to take part in more than 1. It would have also been cool if the destroids started a distance away from the Champions HQ and destroyed buildings on their way to Champions HQ. When finally there, they should have tried to actually destroy the HQ building as well.

I also don't like how this event specifically excludes lower level players - sure, even the "scary monster" enemies were tough for low level players, but at least they stood a chance. I see no reason why they couldn't have had it spawn, say, 9 Mega-D's using the scary tech instead of these "look at you funny and you're dead" level 60's.

For what it's worth, there are some ways for low-level players to participate, though they're not spectacularly stirring. I had luck with two different setups on my level 27: Getting close enough for the open mission then wrecking the Destroids around Ren Center, and attacking the Mega-Ds with my TP at the ready. I had some luck slamming the Mega-D until an attack indicator showed up, then popping Teleport and getting out of range.

There are also the smaller Destroids that spawn near the Mega-Ds, if they stay away from the Mega-D's AoE.
  • Options
    vladculvladcul Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For what it's worth, there are some ways for low-level players to participate, though they're not spectacularly stirring. I had luck with two different setups on my level 27: Getting close enough for the open mission then wrecking the Destroids around Ren Center, and attacking the Mega-Ds with my TP at the ready. I had some luck slamming the Mega-D until an attack indicator showed up, then popping Teleport and getting out of range.

There are also the smaller Destroids that spawn near the Mega-Ds, if they stay away from the Mega-D's AoE.

The Open Mission of the Mega-Ds attacking the Champions Headquarters is set up for participating, not trying to get top score on the board. Per the devs, anyone who participates (even those with the score well down the list, off the screen) get the Honorary Champion loot box. From there, it is the will of the RNG gods/code as to what you get.

Now, the more you damage the Mega-D before it gets taken out, the more resource (money) reward you get for each of them. This is the bonus people who are in the insta-kill zone are getting.

So as TT suggested, skirt around the edges and take out the regular bots that spawn around the feet and get a few hits in on the Mega-Ds. Try to watch for their schtick attack warnings, although their Thunderclap (slapping hands together) has no warning and can be insta-death. Trust me I know. Do this and you will have an opportunity for the Backup devices, Questionite Ore, or the charming *meh* green gear.
  • Options
    spike0337spike0337 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    is there a bug with the event item bags?i opened 7 and only got 4 things 2 10% cata,200quest. and 1 UNTIL Rec.i didnt open them fast i open looked to see what i got then opened another.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    spike0337 wrote: »
    is there a bug with the event item bags?i opened 7 and only got 4 things 2 10% cata,200quest. and 1 UNTIL Rec.i didnt open them fast i open looked to see what i got then opened another.

Best guess is that there's a small Questionite reward that doesn't get announced when that happens. We're looking into it.
  • Options
    spike0337spike0337 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Best guess is that there's a small Questionite reward that doesn't get announced when that happens. We're looking into it.

k thanks for the answers trailturtle your doing a great job.
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can confirm the empty bag bug, had it happen once to me, nothing in my bags/devices, no announcement message on screen and no currency increases.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012

No offense TT, but level 27 isn't "low level". Bring in a sub-20 tank or melee DPS and tell me how you fare.

Also, why *not* use the Scary Monster tech and just have more Mega-D's or more waves of them if having more out at once is too much? The fact that so much of their damage is localized close-in swings the pendulum way in favor of ranged DPS-ers. Why not create an event with enemies that mainly attack w/ "minimum distance" attacks, where they only hit from 50+ feet away - of course, since ranged attacks can be used from anywhere, ranged DPS-ers will still make out like bandits...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, i've also been having an issue of only getting 200 Q in a reward bag as well as some times it says i've recieved something only to look and have nothing there. It's kind of killed the event for me as a free form.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Posts: 3,797 Arc User
    edited September 2012

This actually helped me a lot. I used my lower level electric hero and pulled at least a dozen little bots away from the main fracas toward the edge of the battle where they went down rather quickly, too. I'm just lovin' The Tempest. :smile:

And it feels good to help out without dying five times a minute. :biggrin:

btw - Is there a new title our heroes should be getting once we finish one of these. I have not noticed any new ones so far. < shrug >
    ZedBlock-200.jpg