test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

From Concepts to... Compost?

cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
HEY TRAILTURTLE ASK ABOUT THIS.

Some things we've seen teased in the concept art is strangely absent, and I'm a bit curious as to why it's been pushed back, abandoned, or forgotten. I'm no fool, I understand that sometimes things work on paper and fail in 3D.

Cyberpunk items: So, there was this cool augmented skin, sick revolver-like pistol, and an actual implemented sword in the become device for the cyberninja. Why hasn't this stuff become available to us? I'd be fine with you shoving it into the Questionite exchange. Also, while I'm here- PLEASE put a tag in a costume unlock for male/female specific pieces so some players aren't wasting their money, effort, and time to get something. And that mouth accessory for females is still only in metal.

Extreme Super Awesome Ninja, It's one thing to get a costume set that doesn't have all of the anticipated pieces. Where'd this, you know, entire costume set go to?

Staves, wands, rings, and emanation points. Last we heard there was mention that this was entirely feasable and in the works. We already have versions of this with head/palms/fists/chest, and even different length firearms have appropriately-placed muzzle flash. Where's this?

Auras. It's kind of weird that this was huge talk not long ago, and now we're not hearing jack on it. For a while, the slots were available on PTS, and that kind of went away. It'd be nice to know that this was in progress. Also, please be even and diverse when making these, not everyone wants hocus-pocus or energy-dazzle.
Post edited by cybersoldier1981 on

Comments

• pariahoyamapariahoyama Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    1) Cyberpunk guns and sword look great. I thought they were from other places though. Like the Gunblades and stuff. Am I mistaken?

2) Check integrated shoulders. That is where a lot of the Ninja stuff is. That is the subcategories under the tights tab, I think.

3) I remember 2 years ago there was talk of more emission points and then POOF! No more talk. It was sad to say the least. It would be nice to skin that. That was around the same time as additional pet types and skins was getting talked about IIRC.

The same can be said about auras. There was talk of making all the passives have a 0 point thing to turn them off and tailor based auras...also...POOF! Who knows what is going on in this regard.
    edited September 2012
    The tiny group of people just isn't capable of producing all the stuff that was talked about months ago. It just gets pushed farther and farther down in a list of 'Stuff To Do'.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, the 2 things I'd kill to see in game the most were the kitten action figure, and that ninja set. I hope these aren't 100% dead, we already have 4 legged animations in the wolves of canada. Hell, I'd be happy if we could just shrink one down and use that, for a starter. :D
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Don't forget the Archer set.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aetharburn wrote: »
    Don't forget the Archer set.

What about it? It got an upgrade in a pass months ago, with the release of On Alert I think...
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mlmii wrote: »
    Might be a pipe dream, but I'd love expanded Hideouts with the ability to openly invite your friends to come and go as they please, instant SG HQ. :cool:

So /signed for open hideouts.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    What about it? It got an upgrade in a pass months ago, with the release of On Alert I think...

The Archer costume set, not the powerset.
    /facepalm

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."
    The Archer costume set, not the powerset.
    /facepalm

I would LOVE to have the archer costume set.

Here it is.....http://photobucket.com/champions-thearcher

The great thing about this set is that not only would it improve the look of our archers, it is also a set for improving fantasy/medieval toons!

Please, please,please,please....ad nauseum:biggrin:
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • man515drakeman515drake Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have reached the stage that I look at the pretty pictures and read the fancy ideas and just hope we get half of it. CO seems to only be a small team of devs so I tend to be happy when we get only a small proportion of their great ideas in game.
    I would LOVE to have the archer costume set.

Here it is.....http://photobucket.com/champions-thearcher

The great thing about this set is that not only would it improve the look of our archers, it is also a set for improving fantasy/medieval toons!

Please, please,please,please....ad nauseum:biggrin:
    I might possibly resort to physical harm and or murder. If it would get me that blouse and corset set worn by the middle person.

Im not a violent person...normally :biggrin: But for this!.....well there isn't a smiley evil enough to use here.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Good grief, almost forgot the Archer Concept art was a thing.
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mlmii wrote: »
    Might be a pipe dream, but I'd love expanded Hideouts with the ability to openly invite your friends to come and go as they please, instant SG HQ. :cool:

While I wouldn't allow anyone into my 60s Moonbase without a turtleneck, or ascot, or go-go boots, I think this would be a great idea.

Until they do like the Fleet Bases in STO and turn them into a time and resource sink.
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Good grief, almost forgot the Archer Concept art was a thing.

I didn't almost forget. I just plain forgot. I also thought someone was talking about the powerset until it was clarified. It's basically been that long since the Archer set was shown.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I didn't almost forget. I just plain forgot. I also thought someone was talking about the powerset until it was clarified. It's basically been that long since the Archer set was shown.

Too true Kenpo. The first time I saw this concept art I just knew that I had to save the images and post them whenever the concept is mentioned. It's such a good looking concept set and I want it so bad.

Once again, lest we forget,.......The archer set!! http://photobucket.com/champions-thearcher
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • siralleynesiralleyne Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And lets not forget the claw set...

or heavy weapons....

And, even released costume sets that weren't entirely what they seemed to be in the concept art...I still want the variations on the head piece with the Steelhawk set.
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    siralleyne wrote: »
    And lets not forget the claw set...

or heavy weapons....

And, even released costume sets that weren't entirely what they seemed to be in the concept art...I still want the variations on the head piece with the Steelhawk set.

Maaaan, those claws.
    I can't even.
    It's too much.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For reference: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/co/uploads/Costumes_Cyberpunk.jpg

I still remember seeing this and I was STOKED.

Then came the actual set in the test shots... and while it had some coolness to it, I was thinking that maybe the test shots were incomplete.
  • siralleynesiralleyne Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For reference: http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/common/co/uploads/Costumes_Cyberpunk.jpg

I still remember seeing this and I was STOKED.

Then came the actual set in the test shots... and while it had some coolness to it, I was thinking that maybe the test shots were incomplete.

I still want that jacket/chest piece that not-adam-jensen is wearing.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    siralleyne wrote: »
    I still want that jacket/chest piece that not-adam-jensen is wearing.
    It's available... sort of.

The 'meh' final product.

http://files.champions-online.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Blogs/Art%20Updates/Test_Cyberpunk_M_01.jpg

And female:

http://files.champions-online.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Blogs/Art%20Updates/Test_Cyberpunk_F_01.jpg

The vest is male-only. The jaw is only in metal for females.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would like them to double the amount of people working there, so that they have a chance to get things done.

Wish lists are fine but ulcers in the people trying to get work done isn't. They are doing what they can.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!