test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume sets - More specifically heads and hairs.

katsuenvykatsuenvy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
Following a skype group conversation talking about costumes in game and stuff, we decided that it would be really cool to have new head and hair options, for example beards, scruffy looks, maybe some better face scars etc.

We understand that costumes aren't that big to you but this is how I put it to them>

>"Yeah, what I would love to see them do is stop focusing so much on the content of alerts etc and focus for a little on costumes, if you bring out a few new costume sets, everyone will want to buy them if you put a few awesome things in each, they will pay and then spend hours making different combinations from those costume sets, not just be like "Oh look, a new alert" *Does the new alert once, its exactly like the others with some minor difference and is already bored of it*"

Alerts are great, and the content in game is great, as well as all the fixes you are doing and have been doing, it's all great. Thats why you have so many players, because are you improving the game however slow it may have been recently or before, but I as a player really do like to get new costume packs and then spend a good hour looking at all the parts of the pack, thinking how it would fit my characters, trying it out on different characters, that and it has become a bit of an obsession to own new costume packs.

The one thing I really think is lacking as I said is the hair and head options, not just on male characters either, I find that so many characters go with one look:

A pretty basic face with the unkempt hair style, or a few of the longer styles. The hair styles you have now, some of them are great, some of them aren't, but the amount of players and more specifically RPers that spend ages on costumes trying to look different without making a horrible looking character is amazing, it would bring you more money and players would have more to do, as I said, alerts and more content pve wise is great, but once you've done it once, you've done it. Costumes you can remake and re-use so many times.

Just a friendly suggestion, thanks for reading,
Envy.
Post edited by katsuenvy on

Comments

• Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The problem is, as much as we all love costumes and are bored with Alerts, a lot of us would rather see them fix bugs and work on a new zone or something like that. Even the bugs in the tailor alone are enough to warrant a step back from costumes.

And, well, as fair as hairstyles go, way too many RPers use that emo girl haircut on their male toons, which I chuckle at.
  • Options
    katsuenvykatsuenvy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    But are you telling me that they can't do a small costume pack while fixing the bugs? And you just proved my point with that last part, they use the same hair style, because more are needed.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sort of along with this, it would be cool to have a "battle damaged" costume set. It could contain scars, ripped/torn clothing, clothing with burn/scorch marks, bruises, dents, etc. I'd also like to see more "worn" looks - not just injuries, but more stubble, unkempt hair, long hair that was hastily tied up/back, and clothing/armor that simply looks like it's seen a lot of use.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd like to see a "Balding" style for men that didn't include a straggly combover. I don't comb my hair over the expanding bald spot, so this makes it difficult for me to make a toon that looks like me (well, me if I worked out - there's also no Waist setting for "Pudgy").

I mean, yeah, sometimes I shave it, and one day it'll be all the way to the "Bald" setting on the hairstyles, but I'm really trying to make one of me actually look something like me...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its clear we need like 15 new hairstyles for men, and 50 new hairstyles for females toons, also maybe some robot heayrstyles too...just cause i like robots.

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Posts: 2,961 Arc User1
    edited September 2012
    Oh, yes. Please. Metallic hair-like shaped "helmets" for robotic toons. It is quite awkward making robotic toon and then giving him/her only normal hair, or helmet. Or leaving it bald.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There's one metallic hair for males, have to check for females.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    katsuenvy wrote: »
    But are you telling me that they can't do a small costume pack while fixing the bugs? And you just proved my point with that last part, they use the same hair style, because more are needed.

I'm telling you that our bugged costume parts need to be fixed before more [likely bugged] costume parts get shoved into the selection.
  • Options
    shilarshilar Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I still want to see more mythical parts like lower half horse/snake, multiple limbs, and allowing certain costume parts work with the legs (namely skirts).
    Travel Power/Costume suggestions.

Example of Comet Flight: Here.
  • Options
    foxypersonfoxyperson Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And more haircuits with long, straight hair! Like this one:

http://longhairstylescuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/long-straight-hairstyle-2.jpg

I haven't seen a single one like this, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs it. Please? :)