test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

add cores to veteran/questionite store gears

ktm1ktm1 Posts: 147 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
i would like to petition the devs to add the ability to slot core mods to the veteran reward and the questionite store primary gear. not armoring or enhancement slots, because i can see how that would be ridiculous, but core slots.

many builds for many toons focus on the secondary stats rather than primary stats.
- cooldowns
- dodge chance
- crit chance
- energy cost
- offense
- defense
etc.

and many characters who can wear these veteran/q-store items will actually have been REDUCED in effectiveness by doing so. adding in the ability to slot core mods will allow individuals to "customize" them to more actively suit the toon they are on, and to focus on that part of the build that they are going for
Post edited by ktm1 on
space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence

Comments

  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Veteran stuff/the Heirloom stuff is for levelling. The equipment is account bound, so you can mail it to yourself or put it into a hideout to swap to another character. The equipment levels with you, isn't half bad when compared to most of the stuff you can get, and gives an experience boost.

    Questionite stuff is...Yeah. It's just there.
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The Veteran stuff/the Heirloom stuff is for levelling. The equipment is account bound, so you can mail it to yourself or put it into a hideout to swap to another character. The equipment levels with you, isn't half bad when compared to most of the stuff you can get, and gives an experience boost.

    Questionite stuff is...Yeah. It's just there.

    i understand is for levelling. i just would like my stats to be as good as when i am wearing non heirloom stuff. many of my toons focus on secondary abilities and they are suddenly not as effective if they use it. like i previously said, i dont want them to add the offensive or defensive mods. just the core mods, where you can add in that dodge chance, or that cost reduction that you designed your WHOLE character around.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    i understand is for levelling. i just would like my stats to be as good as when i am wearing non heirloom stuff. many of my toons focus on secondary abilities and they are suddenly not as effective if they use it. like i previously said, i dont want them to add the offensive or defensive mods. just the core mods, where you can add in that dodge chance, or that cost reduction that you designed your WHOLE character around.

    What about when you transfer it to another character? Then the mod does nothing for said character unless you base your entire character on the pieces of gear you have modded.

    The Heirloom stuff is just there to support you to 40, where you get the silver recognition gear and then slot those up.
    @HangingDeath

    Deliciously nutritious!
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What about when you transfer it to another character? Then the mod does nothing for said character unless you base your entire character on the pieces of gear you have modded.

    The Heirloom stuff is just there to support you to 40, where you get the silver recognition gear and then slot those up.

    of my 41 characters only 1 is at level 40... i spend much of my time exploring the abilities of my characters and enjoying a slower questing pace, so for ME and probably for many, the "levelling" gear is the ONLY gear that matters, so cap level " slot them up" gear is not a valid point.

    And as far as transferring to a new character? well, mods can be replaced or removed, that is not even a worry, and lower level mods are cheap and plentiful.

    just because so many pple play towards stats, or grind for that cap level, dont assume that EVERYONE does so.

    my suggestion does not hurt those who do, it would however benefit those who do not, and those other people like me who believe that the JOURNEY is more important than the DESTINATION.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • chuckthestarchuckthestar Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think he's complaining about the overall power of the items, but concerned about the flexibility of the items. The items can be good for one build, and poor for another build.

    Currently many players level their characters in one build, and retcon to a completely different build at 40. It's much more efficient to level with a build that doesn't rely on cost reduction, crit or dodge, and which relies most on the primary SS.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,729 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *shrug* I have 39 and pretty much forget about them when they hit 40. I tried the heirloom gear a few times and then went back to the normal stuff. I don't think that I have ever used it past L20 because it doesn't have those secondaries but also becasue your stats are limited to your 3 super stats. Normal gear, I can get whatever combination I want to use.

    If it's about the journey then why do you want a set of gear that you can use for any character by just swapping a few mods. Aren't you interested in trying different gear with different power combos, as well?

    And it is not as good as the normal gear, simply so that people wille ventually swap out of it and start getting the other gear. If it was as good as there would be no incentive to do that and the missions plus reward gear would be a waste of time.


    *** feel free to add in your own punctuation, for any that I've missed.:redface:
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If they do that they can also just remove gear totally from the game and give us these stats
    directly. If you want these extra stats you have to make a choice .. less total stats for more
    crit and cost-discount.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    If they do that they can also just remove gear totally from the game and give us these stats
    directly. If you want these extra stats you have to make a choice .. less total stats for more
    crit and cost-discount.

    you're missing the point. im not looking for "extra stats" im looking for flexibility in heirloom gear, by being able to add core mods. not armoring or offensive mods (those are the ones with stats). core mods just let you tweak and personalize to your actual spec.

    as the poster above you posted, they said that they "I tried the heirloom gear a few times and then went back to the normal stuff. I don't think that I have ever used it past L20 because it doesn't have those secondaries". even though they seemed to be arguing against my points, they actually proved my point with that statement.

    and as far as the people who keep focusing on the fact that the heirloom gear is for a different build than level 40 gear....... seriouslly, ive already stated, i only have one level 40 of my 41 characters.... my "levelling gear" is the gear i use on a day in day out basis, i would like to personalize it a bit instead of being forced into cookie cutter builds for "levelling purposes"
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    you're missing the point. im not looking for "extra stats" im looking for flexibility in heirloom gear, by being able to add core mods. not armoring or offensive mods (those are the ones with stats). core mods just let you tweak and personalize to your actual spec.


    I don't miss the point .. i said : less total stats for more crit and cost-discount

    And i think that is what you want .. cost-discount and crit .. and maybe also dodge.
    But i normally with around level 30 start to replace the heirloom stuff with slotted gear
    and maybe a cost-discount secondary .. what gives me less raw stats but better crit-rate
    and energy management.

    Now if we could have that all on heirloom gear, there would be no sense for other gear
    to exist.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    ok. i misunderstood your last post. it seemed a bit of a flip flop to me lol. now i get where you are coming from.

    i disagree, but i understand.

    the point of the legacy gear IS that other gear is no longer necessary... once youve hit a legacy milestone. either purchase through nem grinding or the recent 2 year free giveaway. it is MEANT for you to use on multiple toons, for all level ranges (except maybe cap). and that being the case, why not be able to tweak it for a better fit?
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • wacky99wacky99 Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd suggest that the reason why not is to stop level 6 characters with this gear having slotted rank 6/7 cores in their already excellent gear.

    Consider rank 6, fairly simple to obtain once you have a 40 or two:

    Gambler's Lucky Gem 6 = 90 Critical Strike, 133 Dodge Chance, 88 Cost Discount
    Impact Prism 6 = 64 Offense, 18 Defense, 88 Cooldown Reduction
    Sentinel's Brooch 6 = 27% Bonus Healing, 44 Crowd Control Resistance, 44 Crowd Control Strength
    Growth Amulet 6 = 22 Primary Super Stat, 641 Maximum HP, 13 Maximum Energy

    Adding any one of these on to existing Veteran / Nemesis Heirloom gear would be quite excessive given that they can be shuffled from character to character of any level.

    If, however, they were to bind to the character once slotted, then that would probably be alright.

    Stuffy on the old CO forums. PWE ate my username.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I understand that the OP basically wants more options when it comes down to it. Pure stats with no dodge/avoid or cost/cd redux aren't nearly as attractive.


    I too write it off as a tradeoff for not needing to constantly replace gear, but also keep in mind that before 40 in end level gear, you won't get an accurate picture of final performance.

    If not cores, it would be nice to simply have more options available, like scaling crit chance, dodge/avoid, and cd/cost redux that we could purchase.
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    I understand that the OP basically wants more options when it comes down to it. Pure stats with no dodge/avoid or cost/cd redux aren't nearly as attractive.


    I too write it off as a tradeoff for not needing to constantly replace gear, but also keep in mind that before 40 in end level gear, you won't get an accurate picture of final performance.

    If not cores, it would be nice to simply have more options available, like scaling crit chance, dodge/avoid, and cd/cost redux that we could purchase.

    yes! lol.

    the core mods were a suggestion that would be fairly easy to impliment, without causing to much overpower issues, however that being said, if for one reason or another that is unattractive to some people other ways to create scaling modifiers, like the above mentioned crit/dodge/cost etc. in lieu of the stats i would be happy to jump on that bandwagon...

    these items are just so INflexible that many of my characters wont even be using them... when the PURPOSE of having them is to be able to flip them from one character to another.
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    wacky99 wrote: »
    I'd suggest that the reason why not is to stop level 6 characters with this gear having slotted rank 6/7 cores in their already excellent gear.

    Consider rank 6, fairly simple to obtain once you have a 40 or two:

    Gambler's Lucky Gem 6 = 90 Critical Strike, 133 Dodge Chance, 88 Cost Discount
    Impact Prism 6 = 64 Offense, 18 Defense, 88 Cooldown Reduction
    Sentinel's Brooch 6 = 27% Bonus Healing, 44 Crowd Control Resistance, 44 Crowd Control Strength
    Growth Amulet 6 = 22 Primary Super Stat, 641 Maximum HP, 13 Maximum Energy

    Adding any one of these on to existing Veteran / Nemesis Heirloom gear would be quite excessive given that they can be shuffled from character to character of any level.

    If, however, they were to bind to the character once slotted, then that would probably be alright.

    Actually all mods scale to level, so you're not going to see major improvement for some time.

    I've leveled in heirloom gear from 1-40 several times. Not having key stats/bonuses is easily noticed. For example, All those little special q sets would see a lot more use if they didn't completely be surpassed by standard level 40 gear.
  • hubrixhubrix Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    secksegai wrote: »
    Actually all mods scale to level, so you're not going to see major improvement for some time.

    I've leveled in heirloom gear from 1-40 several times. Not having key stats/bonuses is easily noticed. For example, All those little special q sets would see a lot more use if they didn't completely be surpassed by standard level 40 gear.

    I'm not quite sure but I don't think they scale down during alerts. When I do alerts on my geared level 40's my stats seem to be indicate that while the innate stat bonus on gear has scaled down, the mods are acting like they're on a level 40. As I said I'm not sure, but if the opposite is also true, then mods used by levels lower than 30 wouldn't scale up for alerts either.
Sign In or Register to comment.