test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You know..

aetharburnaetharburn Posts: 40 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I'd be willing to pay double for the Avian warrior costume set.
Just sayin', an awesome set like that, you could make alotta cash, instead of limiting it to a small amount of vets.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality."

Comments

• klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh noes.... Not this thread again 9___9.

Brace yourselves, the old crabby lifetimers are coming...

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's not that awesome. Most of the pieces don't go together.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We already had this argument back when they locked the much anticipated avian set behind 900 days of sub time--making it impossible to aquire without continuously subbing to the game and waiting around for years. Which is one of the things I HATED and dispised about CoX (where they locked all wing options behind years of sub time).

Personally, I don't care for the set, and I'm very glad for that. Cuz if I did, I'd still be raging about it to this day and for 124 more days to come. They should NEVER lock ANY desirable costume pieces that are required for specific concepts behind specific sub time--EVER, in ANY game. The only pieces that should be locked (if at all) are things like the LTS emblems, which are more to show off that you're an LTS'er rather than stuff that's needed for specific concepts.
    I'd be willing to pay double for the Avian warrior costume set.
    Just sayin', an awesome set like that, you could make alotta cash, instead of limiting it to a small amount of vets.
    We already had this argument back when they locked the much anticipated avian set behind 900 days of sub time--making it impossible to aquire without continuously subbing to the game and waiting around for years. Which is one of the things I HATED and dispised about CoX (where they locked all wing options behind years of sub time).

Personally, I don't care for the set, and I'm very glad for that. Cuz if I did, I'd still be raging about it to this day and for 124 more days to come. They should NEVER lock ANY desirable costume pieces that are required for specific concepts behind specific sub time--EVER, in ANY game. The only pieces that should be locked (if at all) are things like the LTS emblems, which are more to show off that you're an LTS'er rather than stuff that's needed for specific concepts.

I pretty much agree with you guys. And I would also pay double for the avian set to be able to do this!!

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aetharburn wrote: »
    Just sayin', an awesome set like that,
    Really not that good a set at all.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=161151

It's like it was half done and they just put it out there to make peeps be quiet.
    klitty wrote: »
    And I would also pay double for the avian set to be able to do this!!
    So, if the set made heads explode through sheer WTH??!?

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So, if the set made heads explode through sheer WTH??!?
    Yeah, I managed to sit through two, maybe three seconds of the Codpiece Dance, and lost all interest in watching the rest of the video (and possibly some of my will to live, knowing I exist in the same universe as the person responsible for that...).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Everytime this discussions is set, I have suggested to change vet rewards to a vet point scheme like CoX had. That way, if somebody is to fond of a specific reward they can either get it right away or wait for a few months while gathering the points. I think that way most people would be at peace with their expectations.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    Yeah, I managed to sit through two, maybe three seconds of the Codpiece Dance, and lost all interest in watching the rest of the video (and possibly some of my will to live, knowing I exist in the same universe as the person responsible for that...).

Awww, you missed the endless string of ever multiplying and converging bird head codpiece dancers. Wait... on second thought, 2-3 second watch time was the right choice...

I think having costumes locked by vet rewards is a bad idea. Thought it was a bad idea in CoH as well when they locked birdwings behind a vet reward.

Personally I think the point system that CoX finally shifted to makes the most sense. That or offer any vet reward on the c-store for a price, perhaps 2-3 times as much.

As a lifer, I quite frankly think that all vet rewards should be either fluff, services like retcons, or even the doubling of the Questionite refining. Those are suitable to a vet reward, costume options aren't.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Instead of trying to get the vets rather meh bird set why not a new better bird set in c-store , that way everybodys happeh ^__^
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • enixonbbenixonbb Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Instead of trying to get the vets rather meh bird set why not a new better bird set in c-store , that way everybodys happeh ^__^

Hmm.. that seems to be a good idea and is a compromise that would likley be most pleasing to the involved parties with the lowest amount of potential backlash and likely net cryptic a good amount of profit...

...naturally that means it'll never happen :rolleyes:
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can't even find screenies of this thing, lol.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine