test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mr. Slime

doll1989doll1989 Posts: 124 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Builds and Roles
I decided to make a build that would represent a slime thing/hero. Build is here.

PowerHouse (Link to this build)

Name:

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: Inhuman
Level 6: Enduring
Level 9: Agile
Level 12: Tireless
Level 15: Acrobat
Level 18: Quick Recovery
Level 21: Impresario

Powers:
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Mighty Leap (Nailed to the Ground)
Level 6: Retaliation (Rank 2, Punitive Pummeling)
Level 8: Devour Essence (Rank 2, Crippling Challenge)
Level 11: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Supernatural Power
Level 17: Quicksand (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenging Strikes)
Level 20: Compassion
Level 23: Evasive Maneuvers (Sleight of Mind)
Level 26: Masterful Dodge (Unfettered Strikes)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2, Evanescent Emergence)
Level 32: Vile Lariat
Level 35: Rebirth
Level 38: Circle of Arcane Power (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers:
Level 6: Ooze Tunneling (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Bat Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations:
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Deflection (3/3)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
Protector: Defensive Expertise (3/3)
Protector: Resolute (2/3)
Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Tenacious (2/2)
Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

But I am not really sure about few power choices, so wanted to know, maybe someone will think of something else, more suitable for a slime?

First of all, it's regen. It sure fits theme well, but maybe lightning reflexes would be better? yea, slime can regenerate, but it also is hard to harm. Adding BCR/RR will add that regenerative feel. But I heard alot about BCR being nurfed somehow and I don't really want to change to many things in my build. So, maybe just keeping regen after all would be a better idea?

Form. I like toxic look on infernal form, but unfortunately I don't have any powers to stack it. Compasion doesn't make regen stronger, that I know now. But how it works with DE? If it doesn't increase it's healing aswell, then maybe form of the tempest? But it won't boost quicksand enough then. Any ideas?

I can also change energy unlock, because infernal one woudn't feed quicksand. Any other good options?

Except for changing passive, form and energy unlock I can replace only one power, circle of arcane power. If I will take lightning reflexes then it's place will take BCR, but if I will keep regen, then what would be better option?

Also, is there any other slime like power that I am missing?

And just so you know, this is mostly concept build, so don't judge to hard please.
Post edited by doll1989 on

Comments

• braxzanabraxzana Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Your only real damage appears to be Devour Essence (at only rank 2) and Quicksand... with that in mind, you definitely want an energy unlock that Quicksand can use since you'll likely be using it a lot.

For forms, you could always go with Inertial Damping Field for a little extra protection to give regen time to heal you up and it doesn't care what attacks you use. If you'd rather have the forms with energy unlock, I love Form of the Tempest since it stacks on crits which are easy to get (esp with Dex secondary). Not sure if Quicksand CAN crit or if it does, whether it 'counts' but it probably does and would be fine.

I think that Overclock (if that's the name?) the new Power Armor energy unlock gives you energy when you MAINTAIN powers... and both Devour Essence and Quicksand are maintains, so they would both trigger Overclock. Not sure which stat Overclock scales on; if it's not REC then it may not be as good a choice as IDF.

I don't know how "slimy" it is, but Epidemic is a cloud that you "push" away from you in billowing clouds of Damage Over Time toxins... that power is so good, any of my characters who has it almost always uses ONLY that power, even on single targets.
  • doll1989doll1989 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    braxzana wrote: »
    Your only real damage appears to be Devour Essence (at only rank 2) and Quicksand... with that in mind, you definitely want an energy unlock that Quicksand can use since you'll likely be using it a lot.

For forms, you could always go with Inertial Damping Field for a little extra protection to give regen time to heal you up and it doesn't care what attacks you use. If you'd rather have the forms with energy unlock, I love Form of the Tempest since it stacks on crits which are easy to get (esp with Dex secondary). Not sure if Quicksand CAN crit or if it does, whether it 'counts' but it probably does and would be fine.

I think that Overclock (if that's the name?) the new Power Armor energy unlock gives you energy when you MAINTAIN powers... and both Devour Essence and Quicksand are maintains, so they would both trigger Overclock. Not sure which stat Overclock scales on; if it's not REC then it may not be as good a choice as IDF.

I don't know how "slimy" it is, but Epidemic is a cloud that you "push" away from you in billowing clouds of Damage Over Time toxins... that power is so good, any of my characters who has it almost always uses ONLY that power, even on single targets.

Thank you. I actually didn't think about overdrive (it's overdrive btw). It scales of INT or END (wichever is higher), bt as every other energy unlock scales with REC a little bit. I am not sure, will REC as SS be enought tho, or should I switch to END or INT if I will use overdrive? I can still keep REC at some lvL, so I will be able to maintain DE or quicksand enough for overdrive to kick in before I run out of energy.

Anyone knows how good energy return from overdrive will be from SS REC?
  • benevonbenevon Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just drop REC for INT.

My Characters on PRIMUS
    Toons and costumes thread
    @Benevon
    Leader of Super Serious Brooding Vigilantes
  • samuraiwingsamuraiwing Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Overdrive also scales on REC, I'm running PSS EGO with SS CON and REC on my Power Armor character, I rarely run out of energy unless I try to run all of my toggles at once.
  • tditstdits Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Overdrive scales better on REC than on INT and it makes things like FotT return more energy as well, so if your build works well with overdrive and you don't need to multiple PA toggles then you can usually manage with a REC secondary and Cost Reduction Gear/Specs.

To be fair, it might work okay with PA toggles, but I haven't tried it.

WARNING: Not An Actual Internet Reviewer

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!