test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Millenium City Police Forensics Department

vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
MILLENIUM CITY FORENSICS DEPARTMENT

Ever wanted to be a cop? Oh, I don?t mean the kind who chase after robbers. Those are fine, but what?s equally fun are the guys who inspect the aftermath of bad people.
You want to be...
A FORENSIC PERSON!

Through this little game, which is entirely done through roleplaying and deductive capabilities (your level doesn?t matter, although it is possible that enemy NPCs may kill you easily if you?re not careful at lower levels).

I?ll be testing it out this week if anybody wants to meet me in game to set up the supergroup and try to set a forensic mission up, just contact me @taekinuru.

I've posted a similar thread explaining what it is on CORP forums, but I realised I didn't explain how I imagine it could work, so yeah. Here it is.

Basics:

Players:
Ask questions, right click the corpse?s description periodically to read data, work out the cause of death and who the culprit is (or where they are). In some cases, you might need to track down the corpse from whatever clue the Informant gave you. Ultimately, you will need to confront the murderer and bring them into the station (can be a hideout or any enclosed space close enough to a police station?s inner workings (I recommend the tech hideout for this, just ignore the furniture)), possibly needing to fight them first.

Victim:

In liason with the murderer and the informant via pm, you give information about your death in ways that would be likely to be noticable on casual glance but not deeply important without further questioning. For example, rather than ?was shot in the neck?, it?s ?there are multiple wounds bleeding profusely from the neck region?, to get them asking more. The goal here isn?t exactly to make it hard, but to make them ask the right questions without outright saying ?it was THAT guy!?. Anything goes as long as it?s something that you?d expect to be noticeable on a corpse. Bear in mind that most murders would be hidden, like in bins, etc. Maybe even use mission instances which require getting access by doing that mission or by asking some random schmoe to share the mission (For bonus awesome, a victim with teleport can go around a mission without being harmed by the NPCs, meaning the body has a load of NPCs to go through who are guarding the body, giving it a combat component too)

Murderer:
You are guilty of the murder in the pre-planned scenario between the victim, informant, and yourself, and strangely enough, your goal is to stay in your pre-planned area doing your thing. That?s honestly rather simple, but I can?t think of whatever else you?re supposed to be doing.

Informant:
you are the one giving the information to the heroes initially. You could just be someone from the emergency answer service telling the cops where a potential homicide has gone, or maybe you could be a witness to the crime confessing what happened. You?re basically the guiding hand there to tell them where the body is. In some examples, you might be able to get tangents back to the point if the investigators are on the wrong track.

MCPFD is on the case!
[SIGNATURE REDACTED]
Post edited by vorshoth on

Comments

• Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    But I haven't bought sunglasses..
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gamehobo wrote: »
    But I haven't bought sunglasses..

XD Sunglasses will be provided, because at MCPFD... We're very bright.
    ... Dangit, doesn't look right in text form. Or even spoken aloud. *is ashamed of self*
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]