test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items that have been removed from CO!

lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
I posted this list before the forumpocalypse and maybe with some new people it'll get more traction. I refuse to let this die. This doesn't include all of the click upgrades and devices that were yanked from drop tables that we were told would be added back into the game.

As of On Alert, there have been a combined 97 costumes, weapons and action figures that have been removed from the game. As in there is currently no way to obtain them. It's time to put them back in game.

Solution: Create items for each of these and find homes for them. Many of the munitions unlocks came from power replace items that were drops from specific factions. Then for double measure add them to the recognition vendors for the respective ranges. These should not be added to the C-Store so that money can be made off of something that was removed because you guys didn't have enough time. This is free stuff and should remain free stuff.

Crafted Costume Pieces
The ability to obtain the 16 costume pieces from crafting have been removed since crafting was yanked.
Armor Mech
Blaster Large
Blaster Quad
Edged Tech Sleek
Eye Blaster Single Large
Arcane 3 (Skirt Long Pattern)
Collar High 1 (Ornate Pattern)
Dragon Necklace
Dragon
Wide (Arcane Pattern)
Armor Heavy Tech Bulky
Armor Hoses
Cybernetic Implants Armored
Cybernetic Implants Heavy
Gadgeteer Extreme
Visor Welder Large

Weapons
The 50 weapons skins listed below could be unlocked from Power Replace Items. Since power replace items have been removed from the game, the majority of unlocks have been removed. There was of course a number of ways to unlock these; mission rewards, perk rewards, drops, crafting.
Alien Organic Axe 1
Alien Organic Axe 2
Alien Organic Sword
Cudgel
Falcata
Falchion
Fantasy Style Axe 1
Fantasy Style Axe 2
Fantasy Style Axe 3
Fantasy Sword 1
Fantasy Sword 2
Fantasy Sword 3
Gladius
Kris
Morningstar
Pickaxe
Sickle
Tech Sword
Warhammer 1
Warhammer 2
A1 Striker Blaster Rifle
A4 Frosty Ice Rifle
A4 Jackhammer Blaster Rifle
Alien Organic Rifle 1
Alien Organic Rifle 2
Alien Organic Rifle 3
Anime Style Rifle 1
Anime Style Rifle 2
Anime Style Rifle 3
Blunderbuss
Energy Rifle 1
Energy Rifle 3
Energy Rifle 4
GEM Diamond Laser Assault Rifle
GEM Emerald Laser Rifle
Harquebus
JF Jeffie Heavy Blaster
JS Electrocutor Rifle
Pulson Assault Rifle
Pulson Carbine
Western Rifle
Alien Organic Pistol 1
Anime Style Pistol 1
Energy Pistol 3
Flintlock Pistol
Gatling Pistol
Pulson RF Pistol
SHL Blaster Pistol
VL-S1 Redeye
GEMA Amethyst Laser SMG

Action Figures
Since crafting was yanked, the 30 action figures that were craftable have been removed.
Action Figure #16 Qwyjibo
Action Figure #18 EVE-01
Action Figure #19 G Mech
Action Figure #21 Wing Blade
Action Figure #23 Legend
Action Figure #24 Ninja
Action Figure #27 Roman Centurion
Action Figure #30 Grey Man
Action Figure #31 Lil Q
Action Figure #32 Xeno
Action Figure #33 Champion Blank
Action Figure #34 Lance
Action Figure #35 Arthur
Action Figure #36 Black Knight
Action Figure #37 Angel
Action Figure #38 Demon
Action Figure #39 Anubis
Action Figure #40 L Pan
Action Figure #41 Iron Monk
Action Figure #42 Druid
Action Figure #43 Champion Blank
Action Figure #44 Gadroon Observer
Action Figure #45 G Rod
Action Figure #46 Brain Bot
Action Figure #48 Buzz
Action Figure #49 Rhino
Action Figure #50 Slither
Action Figure #52 Cosmo
Action Figure #54 Spacer
Action Figure #55 Squids
Action Figure #56 Champion Blank

Wiki Links -
Blade Unlocks
Majority of Munitions Unlocks
Crafted Action Figures
Crafted Costume Pieces

Comments

• sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I always scratched my head at this.
    The release a "Melee Weapons Pack" and "Ranged Weapons Pack", full of neat new stuff. Why not release a 'second wave', with the old craftable weapons unlocks? Or a second "Variety Pack" with the old craftable costume unlocks? Since On Alert went live, there's been a whole generation of players that have never had even the chance of getting these pieces, saying nothing of older players who never managed to get them to begin with. It probably wouldn't even take that much effort, as these pieces still exist and would only require the team to toss 'em together in a bundle pack for the Z-Store.
  • klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can has Variety Pack 2? Please?

*waves credit card* I can pay! Really!!! :D

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • mersenneprimemersenneprime Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    klitty wrote: »
    *waves credit card* I can pay! Really!!! :D
    No.

I've got to agree with Lohr on this.

These items were all in the game for free previously. Paying for stuff you used to be able to get free opens the door to them taking out other stuff and making you pay for it later.

For items that unlocked via item drops, let us spend recognition to unlock them.
    For things that unlocked from items received for perks (ex. harquebus), just add that unlock to the perk reward as well.
    For the crafting unlocks, put them on the questionite vendor for reasonable prices.

In the game, I'm @Knickknacks.
    edited September 2012
    No.

I've got to agree with Lohr on this.

These items were all in the game for free previously. Paying for stuff you used to be able to get free opens the door to them taking out other stuff and making you pay for it later.

For items that unlocked via item drops, let us spend recognition to unlock them.
    For things that unlocked from items received for perks (ex. harquebus), just add that unlock to the perk reward as well.
    For the crafting unlocks, put them on the questionite vendor for reasonable prices.

But you can get free zens from surveys, polls, offers and grindonite 9__9.

Before the patch it was a grindfest of components and crafting. Why shouldn't we be able to either grind-for-free or pay-it-now??

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've given some thought on how to kludge these with the current system. My proposed way of doing these is to have Costume/weapon/AF plans drops as cores, dropping automatically when a person hits a certain skill level in a crafting specialty, requiring a rare drop catalyst to complete.

Example:
    Core drop: Arcana 3 costume (unlocks to all characters on an account).
    Drops: When reaching 325 skill in Arcana; with additional cores for sale at a trainer for 25 Globals.
    Chance of success: 0%.

There would be a 100% costume, weapon, and AF catalyst available as a boss drop in lairs; you'd need the core and the catalyst to complete the costume piece. With this system, you can make multiple pieces and sell or trade them, though it's a non-trivial effort to get the catalysts and afford new cores.

Also, it needs to be easier to improve one's crafting skill.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • psychickittypsychickitty Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    as crazy as this will sound....I have been away for a while...and came back off and on.

But i still have a whole bunch of the power replacers....i kept them...

I admit a big number of some stuff i had did disapear...but i kept a good majority of the power replacer stuff....though i think the items got bound when i used them....not sure right now...i will have to check.....

Need to modify my avatar too again it seams.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• sorceror01sorceror01 Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've given some thought on how to kludge these with the current system. My proposed way of doing these is to have Costume/weapon/AF plans drops as cores, dropping automatically when a person hits a certain skill level in a crafting specialty, requiring a rare drop catalyst to complete.

Example:
    Core drop: Arcana 3 costume (unlocks to all characters on an account).
    Drops: When reaching 325 skill in Arcana; with additional cores for sale at a trainer for 25 Globals.
    Chance of success: 0%.

There would be a 100% costume, weapon, and AF catalyst available as a boss drop in lairs; you'd need the core and the catalyst to complete the costume piece. With this system, you can make multiple pieces and sell or trade them, though it's a non-trivial effort to get the catalysts and afford new cores.

Also, it needs to be easier to improve one's crafting skill.

An interesting idea, and believe me I had a similar one myself a bit ago, too, but I highlighted the part that makes both of them kinda fall apart: it's too much of a PitA to work on your Crafting skill these days. Because "crafting" isn't really crafting anymore.
    The characters I have who even have a Crafting skill above 100 all got it at least that high before the Crafting revamp. It's just not feasible to work on the skills to get them that high anymore. You only get so much from even inspecting nodes anymore, and it seems like it gets exponentially harder for the number to get nudged up from fusing mods together
    No, it seems far more likely, and far more equitable, to bring these costume pieces back in either the Recognition stores or Z-Store packs, or to make them level-gated and allow players auto-access to them once you hit a certain level. Maybe even tie them to certain mobs or enemy groups, make them costume drops or unlockables for earning certain Perks.
    Maybe even a combination of All of the Above.

You know what would be neat, though? If Power Replacers made a comeback as mod drops. Maybe make them Utility Cores or something.
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Or make them new power replacer slots.
  • gandalesgandales Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree it does not make sense to have all this items either in-game or in the zstore. I remember reading that Cryptic is trying to accomodate them in some place but they haven't decided yet where and how.

Anyway, I have some of these stuff for sale/trading and might be other players with some of those items too.
  • sidreussidreus Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why all the hussle? If they removed from the game instead of putting time and effort to make them comeback in some form, make them available to everyone... in other words add them to default costumes list.
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I too would love to see these items come back. If not as power replacers then at least as costume piece drops. Trying to make a pirate or cowboy toon that gets stuck having to use modern-looking weaponry IS NOT CUTTING IT.

The Recognition vendors would seem to be the most logical place to me.

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
    edited September 2012
    But you can get free zens from surveys, polls, offers and grindonite 9__9.
    Not everyone does polls, surveys or offers. There's enough negative stuff about them posted here that I'd be wary even if I were inclined to do those kinds of things. But that's not really the issue.

What your first post implied by 'waving a credit card' you suggest that not only is charging for previously free stuff acceptable, but that you'll pony up money to do so and that others would as well. Shifting gears and talking about free zen is disingenuous. As I said before, we don't want to create a precedence for the company removing free stuff and then putting it up specifically for pay, nor do we want an atmosphere of dishonesty.
    Before the patch it was a grindfest of components and crafting. Why shouldn't we be able to either grind-for-free or pay-it-now??
    There's precedence for doing some things as questionite. The CTP reskins were put in as questionite purchases.

Items that were bigger grinds (like the AFs or the purple costume items) you could put in for questionite. Simiarly, for the items that used to be drops from certain areas/faction, just put a costume unlock item on the faction that dropped it, and put a recognition vendor version in. Either way, it's still way easier than before to get all the unlocks and expands on an already existing system. Why spend the time/effort to put this stuff in place if you're not going to use it.

Doing it the way Lohr suggests, as drops/recognition/questionite, the implication is that the items are still free. All you have to do is spend time playing the game. When you think about it, the marketplace lets you sell zen for questionite. So, you could (if you really want to) pay for it.

Now, when we talk about paying for stuff and removed items, one thing I'd really like to see is the scourge/cursed costume as a purchasable set in the C-store... either both in a single package, or if they put in some kind of method to set the color of the aura on items.

• lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is no way that anyone should have to pay zen for stuff that was previously available in game. Take a day, make these costume unlock items and add them back in. Don't have enough people? I will gladly get on a plane, come out there and do it myself.
    Can we throw the Therakiel sword and Nephelim wings in there too?

Wants.
  • lohr01lohr01 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pion01 wrote: »
    Can we throw the Therakiel sword and Nephelim wings in there too?

Wants.

he doesn't drop them anymore?
    I think that just giving these away is a bit silly. Some of us actually worked our butts off to get them (Namely the Redeye pistols in my case). Recognition vendors would be more feasable, especially if they were at the vendor appropriate for how common or uncommon the pieces were.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them packed into Z-store packs if, and only if those packs were A- cheaper than the standard ones and B- Chock full of other unlocks that we haven't gotten yet (Looking at the VIPER and most of the ARGENT weapons).
    edited September 2012
    Not everyone does polls, surveys or offers. There's enough negative stuff about them posted here that I'd be wary even if I were inclined to do those kinds of things. But that's not really the issue.

What your first post implied by 'waving a credit card' you suggest that not only is charging for previously free stuff acceptable, but that you'll pony up money to do so and that others would as well. Shifting gears and talking about free zen is disingenuous. As I said before, we don't want to create a precedence for the company removing free stuff and then putting it up specifically for pay, nor do we want an atmosphere of dishonesty.

There's precedence for doing some things as questionite. The CTP reskins were put in as questionite purchases.

Items that were bigger grinds (like the AFs or the purple costume items) you could put in for questionite. Simiarly, for the items that used to be drops from certain areas/faction, just put a costume unlock item on the faction that dropped it, and put a recognition vendor version in. Either way, it's still way easier than before to get all the unlocks and expands on an already existing system. Why spend the time/effort to put this stuff in place if you're not going to use it.

Doing it the way Lohr suggests, as drops/recognition/questionite, the implication is that the items are still free. All you have to do is spend time playing the game. When you think about it, the marketplace lets you sell zen for questionite. So, you could (if you really want to) pay for it.

Now, when we talk about paying for stuff and removed items, one thing I'd really like to see is the scourge/cursed costume as a purchasable set in the C-store... either both in a single package, or if they put in some kind of method to set the color of the aura on items.

But I agree with adding the items as recogs/drops/questionites! I also suggested adding those in the C-Store as a costume pack.

I'm ok with Lohr and you not agreeing with the idea, and I can see why. But I wasn't shooting off your idea either :/

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • mainscrizzmainscrizz Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think that just giving these away is a bit silly. Some of us actually worked our butts off to get them (Namely the Redeye pistols in my case). Recognition vendors would be more feasable, especially if they were at the vendor appropriate for how common or uncommon the pieces were.

I also wouldn't mind seeing them packed into Z-store packs if, and only if those packs were A- cheaper than the standard ones and B- Chock full of other unlocks that we haven't gotten yet (Looking at the VIPER and most of the ARGENT weapons).

THIS! :smile:
    lohr01 wrote: »
    I thought all the drops in the temple still happened (I could be wrong), but there's been fewer peeps bothering to run it in general, so not as many entering the game.

Combine that with the bugs in the VB crisis and newer folks that would want to run it can't even get to the main VB zone.

edited September 2012
    But I agree with adding the items as recogs/drops/questionites! I also suggested adding those in the C-Store as a costume pack.
    My fault then, your initial post read to me like a desire just for the C-store.

There's precedence for that too, since there's at least 4 costume packs for stuff that's entirely unlockable through the game as well. As long as it's both (in game and c-store), then I don't really object, but the c-store pack should have the bolded message about the items in the pack being available through perks and drops like the other packs do.

On an unrelated note: does the c-store no longer offer those packs to you for sale when you've unlocked all the pieces inside them?
    I want to say yes since the zombie pack doesn't appear at the top of the list with the few other things I haven't purchased since I got the zombie no-jaw from the 5k perk, but I'm not sure since I haven't gotten enough 5k perks to have all the pieces in any of the others now that I'm watching for it.

• pion01pion01 Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited September 2012

As far as I know, nobody has gotten, or even heard of a drop in months of either, nor have any been up for sale in the AH, and most folks seem to be under the impression they're no longer there.

I/we could be wrong.
  • megaerik000megaerik000 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pion01 wrote: »

As far as I know, nobody has gotten, or even heard of a drop in months of either, nor have any been up for sale in the AH, and most folks seem to be under the impression they're no longer there.

I/we could be wrong.

That may be because Therekial has been bugged to perma hold people ive heard, which would slow down the supply immensely.

ON a related note, anyone know if the old epic devices from open missions are still available?
  • twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As of On Alert, there have been a combined 97 costumes, weapons and action figures that have been removed from the game. As in there is currently no way to obtain them. It's time to put them back in game.

I have a lot of these. I feel like I should make Kitchen Sink-Man and only use pieces new players can't get.

And then gloat.

But yeah, whoever said they should be dropped into the Q store or Recognition rewards is right and their opinion should become the law.
    That may be because Therekial has been bugged to perma hold people ive heard, which would slow down the supply immensely.

Correct. But the current PTS notes say that this issue has been (finally) fixed, so hopefully we'll see more runs soon.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Its true that the Nemcom Gladiators Shoulder and bracer pieces were removed too, cause if so, we need em back!

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone