test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage Delay for Night Avenger powers

arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
I've noticed this quite a few times now with 2 of the Night Avenger powers and wanted to see if anyone else has noticed/experienced it.

"Boomerang Throw" (Ricochet Throw) when charged up tends to sometimes have a "delay" in damage or something. When I use the power on groups of 4 or more enemies it defeats some of them instantly but the rest of the enemies are defeated 2-3 seconds later.

"Throwing Blades" (Boomerang Cone) has the same "delayed" damage problem but it seems to happen ALL the time or on the first strike. I've used this power on groups on enemies in stealth and after the blades hit them they stand there, they dont attack me but eventually (after 2-3 seconds) fall the ground defeated.
Post edited by arekusus on

Comments

• goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can confirm this as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xaogarrentxaogarrent Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's that you're so damn fast and precise that it takes their nervous system several seconds just to register that they've been hit.

More seriously, this might be a lag thing. I've noticed something weird with TK Lance and TK Annihilation that's similar but even stranger. The first hit of damage will happen as soon as the attack connects, but the second one from Ego Leech stacks sometimes takes one or two seconds to register.

...I just recently realized something really disturbing. We're all eating Sodapop3's "humble pie."
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think the problem is that the CO mob system isn't properly 'designed' to be one-shotted like they are, especially in large chunks. I think Sniper Rifle users have seen this issue for a while now.

Basically, the mob AI is expecting to be able to move around and attack, but a check in the code is stopping them from doing so because they're dead. This is why it takes so long for the system to register their deaths when they get instantly killed.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arekususarekusus Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    I think the problem is that the CO mob system isn't properly 'designed' to be one-shotted like they are, especially in large chunks. I think Sniper Rifle users have seen this issue for a while now.

Basically, the mob AI is expecting to be able to move around and attack, but a check in the code is stopping them from doing so because they're dead. This is why it takes so long for the system to register their deaths when they get instantly killed.

With Boomerang Toss I think the problem is more a matter of the Boomerang "finding" what to hit or something. I mean, the tooltip for the power doesn't even say the range of the ricochet/bounces when the power is charged. (which is when it hits more than 1 target, 5 max)

As for "Throwing Blades" or whatever its called again, its a bit annoying that my targets dont "die (remember that you basically dont kill enemies in CO< even with big-**** swords) because seeing them still "alive" makes me use the power again thus making me waste energy.