test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whiteout 5 yet more challenge

forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Missions and Content
The revived invaders spam a hold that puts me in mind of the old Ego Storm/malevolent manifestation days. Back when holds meant something that is.
You z tap for ages to break free and it just renews itself, sometimes (not always) you can get away but you're very inclined to be held again.
I suppose this is a bug sure as heck it is incredibly frustrating and i just quit coz it has zero appeal.

P.S. This isn't just the first bit where you get captured it's in the groups you fight in the corridor too.
Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
Post edited by forrksakesexco on

Comments

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have you reported this bug yet? Mind sharing a ticket # and reproducible steps?
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Was wondering if it was meant to be that way.
    Have just tried again and submitted ticket number.... 1,399,410.
    They don't write numbers like that anymore!

This behaviour maybe on all Revived Invaders far as I can tell the regular invader types don't have the hold.

I say they spam the hold but that's not quite the case. They fire it once and after you've z tapped like crazy and are getting near to your freedom, that's when they fire another hold so it gets refreshed.

I was doing this with a primary statted Con/Defiance build. It takes a loooong time to die from their puny weapons but die I do coz I can't fight back. I've tried staying at a distance and shooting em but the hold has some range. I can't be sure but I think it got me through my block! Maybe I just wasn't fast enough with it.

To reproduce simply wade into Whiteout 5 I dunno if it applies to all the episodes with Revived Invaders.
  • r0y0r0y0 Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can confirm. Soloing this (for the first time) on my Str/Con/Rec tank build, and I am perma-held. They cannot kill me at all, well 4-5 can't. It seems I am stuck now in this lame Episode #5.

And the mission pack was pretty cool up to this point. I suppose it's the devs way of saying, A) we have no clue what we're doing technically, or B) Bring team-mates / glitch your way through it.

Either way, it's "meh" now with the perma-hold from a minion I *could* 1 shot if I was not held.

Oh well, on to better games probably.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • carlasimone2carlasimone2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yep, this happened to me too.

Wundastar, my character, has Regeneration and Tank role, and wouldn't die, but couldn't get unheld no matter how much I Z-tapped. The only way I could finish this was to activate Immolation (which broke the hold but I'd often end up held immediately again), and let the Invaders nearby die from the damage aura on the Blazing Body advantage.
    Since Immolation is on a 90 second cooldown, this was pretty slow and frustrating.

I figured that this wasn't working as intended.

Its a pity, because this was my first time playing Whiteout and everything else was fantastic. I really loved it.

I'll submit a ticket too.
    Done - Bug #1,401,674
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My sympathies for newcomers, it's not usually this buggy!

For those who do not follow/have access to the PTS here is some of the latest PTS patch.
    Mission fixes:
    -Aftershock: Despair Incarnate should no longer heal to full health.
    -Whiteout: Roinesh Lieutenant should no longer summon his clones at the wrong time.
    -Whiteout: Roinesh General should no longer stun-lock players.
    -Dr. Destroyer's Lab: Dr. Destroyer should no longer spawn arms indefinitely
    -Dr. Demogaard should no longer heal indefinitely.
    -Valerian Scarlet should no longer disappear during missions.

Critter AI:
    -Vikorin will no longer constantly disable players.
    -Therakiel will no longer constantly hold players.

I'm sure there will be a fix for this particular issue..... Very Soon!
  • neojin777neojin777 Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Luckily shuriken throw has a 100 ft range, or else i could not solo whiteout on my blade AT without being defeated anymore, due to the new mob behaviour. It is a pretty annoying bug.
  • gruff2gruff2 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I just tried this part tonight and I can confirm that it is still not fixed. Revived aliens permanently stun lock me.

Very frustrating. Please fix. :mad:
  • riouhotaruriouhotaru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had the same problem, but there IS a solution.

Any sort of phasing travel power will allow you to warp past them. Using the Ooze travel power device you got from the Commander in Whiteout #4 works as well. So far it's the only means to getting past the Revived Invader/Vanguard perma-hold spam.
  • dwanlighterdwanlighter Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I played Whiteout yesterday and I experienced the same problem.

Fortunately, the revived invaders were only hencemen, so what would happen is that i would be spam held, die and then I would come back and one-shot them to death using a charged boomerang. As they had already revealed themsleves, I could get in the first attack.
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The fix will be like so:
    Mission Fixes:

Whiteout has been removed from the game due to bugs. Tough luck, scrubs!

:wink:
  • zysalianzysalian Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ran Whiteout few days ago and that bug is definitely there. Very annoying, can easily result in slow "death by paper cuts"- situation.
  • blkjackwilliamsblkjackwilliams Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Did a run through Whiteout last night to finish up, now that the Commander is fixed (Yay!)

It looked like it was only revived Vanguards that were mega-holding. Invaders didn't seem to hold me. But that's not too terribly important.

The power that seems to be the issue is Roin'Esh Entanglement. It's the hold power, and it looks like it's got a fairly simple 6s duration, but they are able to spam it -and- I'm fairly confident that the hold's health as a decimal place error as it takes turbo-button level mashing to make any progress in breaking it.