test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions about Empyreans

sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
Ok, Ill confess I don't own any of the PNP source books. I'm totally ignorant on any of this, so forgive me if my questions sound...moronic. Id simply rather ask here, then make any gaffs in character construction or RP.

Anyhow, all I know about Empyreans are that they are a powerful and ancient race that occupied earth and controlled much of the galaxy. And while on the surface it seems a nice primer for a character concept, that is not a lot to go on.

So, any notable physical differences to humans? skin color, hair color, ect?
Was their power mostly technical or magical?
Are they immortal or long lived. Arvad still seems to be around so the question seems worth asking.

Anything I should know, but i'm too dumb to ask? Help a curious sockmunkey please. :biggrin:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arcolfarcolf Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Let me see if I can explain without getting anything wrong..

The Empyreans are essentially the end-stage of humans, created initially as an experiment by an alien race known as "The Progenitors".

They are not what we would call "fully immortal", more along the lines of "Ageless" as they can be slain.

They are as varied as humans in appearance, if I'm not mistaken. This goes for their abilities, as well, as they seem to span a wide variety of rather strong "superpowers". They all seem to have a natural telepathy, although Arvad is renowned for his mind-dominating powers.

They've never controlled the galaxy, much less ventured out into it(aside from the few that left to find The Progenitors). They preferred isolation on Earth. Their isolation streak is still strong, going so far as to wipe the memories of anyone who discovers them - save for more than a few superheroes who have agreed to keep up the facade and let them remain hidden.

Their preference is Technological, as they have an extreme distrust for anything magical.

I hope this helps. Some of the Lore Guys can probably explain things better.
    Should you want detailed information on the Empyreans, I believe the Hero Games "Hidden Lands" has said information in PDF form.

*Edit* There is one important thing regarding an Empyrean character. They must keep the facade, -never- revealing what they are or where they came from. If asked, they must claim their powers come from some other source - maintaining a false identity outside of Arcadia.

Of course, this information is in regards to "pure" Empyreans. There can be Empyreans born of Human and Empyrean parents, mind you. Such people are not "low-powered half-breeds". They either -are- or -are not- Empyrean, fully powered. Although anyone born to a Human and Empyrean is typically remarkably attractive, highly intelligent, and rather healthy.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the background. It helps a ton. :biggrin:
  • Options
    heavyepsilonheavyepsilon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You were likely thinking of the Malvans when you mentioned control of the galaxy.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    You were likely thinking of the Malvans when you mentioned control of the galaxy.

Actually no, I misread the info from the only source I could find in the Wikia.
    An alien species in the Champions Universe who control a vast empire.
    http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Empyrean

However, looking back on it. What I thought was subject info. Turned out to simply be a lead in to another topic. In my defense the wikia is laid out really poorly.

It is why I asked here. It really turned out to be a useless source.
  • Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While the Empyreans maintain a city in Antarctica called Arcadia, made climatically pleasant and hidden from human detection by advanced technology, many Empyreans live incognito among their human "cousins." They may resemble any of the ethnicities of humanity, albeit usually quite attractive. A few Empyreans have become known in the wider world as superheroes or villains, such as their crown prince Archon who has served with the renowned Sentinels superhero team, or the bounty-hunter known as Hunter Thav, although like all Empyreans they conceal their true origin from the public.

All Empyreans are physically superhuman to a greater or lesser extent, unaging, can survive in a variety of extreme environments, and can fly. They can manifest a wide range of mind-affecting and energy-projection powers, although these range from very formidable to nearly non-existent for any given Empyrean. What powers an individual Empyrean possesses seem to reflect a combination of innate talent and their particular interests, which lead them to practice and develop specific abilities.