test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Expansion of munitions

bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
Right now, munitions is basically a mish-mosh of small arms, military arms, and heavier weapons. I would like to see each "branch" fleshed out a bit more:

1. Add an AR EB

2. Add a few more "heavy weapon" powers - like a mortar and artillery strike.

3. Since the devs added the strafing run to gadgeteering, how about adding a "bombing run" or "airstrike" power which could deal piercing damage and use the F-18 or other jet model.

4. Give munitions its own block power - you could use the riot shield that some police use.

5. Give munitions its own passive. I'd like to see something sort of like Quarry, but that gives damage absorption or resistance, and perhaps boosts dex & ego instead of int & ego.

6. Give munitions a gun turret temporary summon - it would be fixed in its summon location, and could have an advantage that turns it into a rocket turret instead of a machine gun one.

7. Give Munitions a direct self heal - it would heal for a little bit less than conviction, wouldn't grant the extra HP, and perhaps could be advantaged to end any DoTs on you.

8. I'd like to see some sort of positional defensive power - something where you summon a sandbag wall where you are and standing near it gives you and your team a defensive bonus.

9. CoX had a leadership power pool which granted bonuses to damage, accuracy, and defense - I'd like to see munitions get a support passive that granted a combination of a damage resistance, crit chance, and perhaps mez resistance buff.
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    trinimilitiatrinimilitia Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree with the post and add nuke/cruise missile strike to the list of wanted t3 powers.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd agree with most of this,I even posted a thread before about expanding munitions,I still can't see why add a bombing strike by a jet to gadgeteering,that is such a munitions power.As for pets,perhaps a squad of soldiers,and have them use attacks like assault rifle,SMG burst,and frag grenade,and make a 2 point advantage for one of said squad to be a healer.I'm all for an AR EB.Mortar and Artillery strike would be nice additions too,and probably needed to compete with the range on vehicles now.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Somebody give shrike a cookie. This is brilliant.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would it be weird to give it a more natural heal. Something akin to "First Aid"? We have magic heal, psychic heal, tech heal but we need a natural one.

Anyways, I agree with EVERYTHING. IMO, Munitions, while not one of the worst, it has needed some love. I can't remember the last time it even got a new power. I'd say the last time it was touched is when they tweaked what skins could be used or some such. It's kind of like fire, the last thing it was given was a shield at F2P... but I digress :P

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Posts: 5,491 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    blumoon8 wrote: »
    Would it be weird to give it a more natural heal. Something akin to "First Aid"? We have magic heal, psychic heal, tech heal but we need a natural one.

Anyways, I agree with EVERYTHING. IMO, Munitions, while not one of the worst, it has needed some love. I can't remember the last time it even got a new power. I'd say the last time it was touched is when they tweaked what skins could be used or some such. It's kind of like fire, the last thing it was given was a shield at F2P... but I digress :P

That could work - there's a mission in the desert where you use a simple hand motion over a downed soldier, and it adds a little medical satchel to your character while you're doing this. They could also just use the hypodermic gun thingy from gadgeteering's rez serum...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dual pistols should be in its own self-contained "Gun Kata" tree as well, since as of right now, any sort of dual pistol built character gets to be even further behind than the rest of munitions already is.

I've been suggesting and poking devs since forever for powers like airstrike (specifically the cluster bombing runs right from stronghold prison), an active defense or offense that uses the bullet time effect that was used in demonflame in the tower of lethargy and despair, and just generally improving the in set mechanics of the powers to actually work off one another instead of being a random mish-mash of debuffs.

I've mostly given up hope. I doubt the game will be around much longer than a year from now, and we only get a few power revisits a year. Course, those have basically just become throwing a handful of overpowered new powers into the set and moving on. Like they're literally doing right now with telepathy on PTS...

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dual pistols should be in its own self-contained "Gun Kata" tree as well, since as of right now, any sort of dual pistol built character gets to be even further behind than the rest of munitions already is.

I've been suggesting and poking devs since forever for powers like airstrike (specifically the cluster bombing runs right from stronghold prison), an active defense or offense that uses the bullet time effect that was used in demonflame in the tower of lethargy and despair, and just generally improving the in set mechanics of the powers to actually work off one another instead of being a random mish-mash of debuffs.

I've mostly given up hope. I doubt the game will be around much longer than a year from now, and we only get a few power revisits a year. Course, those have basically just become throwing a handful of overpowered new powers into the set and moving on. Like they're literally doing right now with telepathy on PTS...

I'd love to see cluster bombing/carpet bombing as a power in the munitions set,and I WOULD HUG THE DEVS if they added a power with the bullet time effect from the adventure pack.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    I'd love to see cluster bombing/carpet bombing as a power in the munitions set,and I WOULD HUG THE DEVS if they added a power with the bullet time effect from the adventure pack.

The Bullet Time effect in the temple of Lethargy is a cheat which makes it impossible to do in open world maps, they basically slow the entire instance to create the effect.
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think this is a good thread to repost an idea I had for Munitions, some time ago:

Demolition Expertise (Tier 1)
    You are REALLY good at breaking, burning and blowing things up!
    Set: Munitions
    Typ: Slotted Passive
    Animation: None.

+ Can be slotted in an Offensive or Balanced passive power slot.
    + Greatly increases your Crushing, Fire and Particle Damage. This increase scales with your Super Stats.
    + Increases your resistance to Crushing, Fire and Particle Damage. These resistances scale with your Super Stats.
    + Generate Energy when you hit more than one target with a ranged Crushing, Fire or Particle Damage attack (not counting DoT effects!). The amount of energy gained scales with your Ego or Strength, whichever is higher. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Advantages
    + Rank 2 (2 AP)
    + Rank 3 (2 AP)
    + Unshakable (2 AP) - While having Demolition Expertise slotted, your Knock Resistance is increased with every stack of Enrage, Concentration or Focus, whichever you have more stacks of.

I made this power to be as versatile as Quarry. It goes not only with Munitions, but also with Gadgeteering, Power Armor, Heavy Weapons, Earth, Force and Fire. Basically everything that can go KABOOM in some way! :biggrin:

For Munitions that don't go KABOOM, I think Quarry is actually the best choice. Archery and Munitions should share it, imo. And Targeting Computer should be shared amonst all Technology power sets.
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Dual machine-guns make sense for a robotic Munitions build.
    But, seriously, there should be a dual pistol skin option for Submachinegun Burst. Having a gun in each hand implies the ability to hit more than 1 target at a time.

A Munitions pet could be one of those remote controlled "mini-tanks" that many Infantry units use these days. But, I guess Muni-bots is so similar to that idea already.

How about a Munitions "Circle" power called Assemble Artillery. It's cast time is a bit long but it creates a howitzer or other piece of field artillery. like a cannon. It can't move but does great damage and it lowers your Dodge ability and damage resistance. If you move out of it's area, it goes away like Circles do.

Speaking of cannons, some Pirates in Lemuria have a cannon power that charges up and Knocks back. That would be neat to have.
  • Options
    admflamebergadmflameberg Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would love to have a AR EB power, There times where I be looking to make a theme using one without having to take a pistol skill or some other power. I even take a Cannon EB, as for pets they could also be soldiers pets. Dual 3 burst glock for a power.
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bioshrike wrote: »
    5. Give munitions its own passive. I'd like to see something sort of like Quarry, but that gives damage absorption or resistance, and perhaps boosts dex & ego instead of int & ego.

good ideas, m8...

Might I suggest that it be a defensive passive... this game has way too many offensive passives and a lot of them suck :P We could use some more defensive passives. :P
  • Options
    rokurocarisrokurocaris Posts: 1,074 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    good ideas, m8...

Might I suggest that it be a defensive passive... this game has way too many offensive passives and a lot of them suck :P We could use some more defensive passives. :P

Munitions is not exactly a defensive set... :redface:
  • Options
    dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    I'd agree with most of this,I even posted a thread before about expanding munitions,I still can't see why add a bombing strike by a jet to gadgeteering,that is such a munitions power.
    I know, right? During its time on the PTS, I recommended that the air strike be put in Munitions, and that the boomerang powers be moved to Archery (with the possibility of renaming it as Hunter or some such). There was a strong backlash, with the typical argument being "these are Nighthawk powers, and Nighthawk's a Gadgeteer". I tried to argue that Nighthawk is a Freeform, but to no avail.

So, because Nighthawk is supposedly a gadgeteer, and the strafing run was originally conceptualized as the Hawkwing strafing the target, it's stuck in Gadgeteer.

But anyway... let me +1 a rifle-based EB, a mortar system that's designed to be a Munitions counterpart to Orbital Cannon, a "riot shield" Blocking power that's particularly effective against AoEs, and some sort of "ranged offense" Slotted Passive.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I think many of the powers in munitions should be enhanced as well.
  • Options
    chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think many of the powers in munitions should be enhanced as well.

Agreed. Especially dual pistols. 2 gun mojo, in particular, should have a diminishing chance past 50 feet to still hit and do damage, up to a 50% chance at 100 feet. Because you could argue "pistols are inaccurate at long ranges". I'd counter "If you can't hit a target at 100 feet, you have no right holding a gun", and "why is it that the *gun* set has an entire build scheme that has no 100 foot attack? Has cryptic ever used a gun?"
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Yes, and please fix the Concentration buff stacking of 2 gun mojo. It's supposed to stack concentration, not just stack whatever all the other maintains stack.