test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XBCD and rumble

cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
edited September 2012 in Controls and Interface
I use a madcatz XBOX 360 controller, with the XBCD driver. It's a thrid party software that allows my laptop to recognize my 360 controller(wired, and yes I have tried the various Microsoft drivers), and this game doesn't recognize my 360 controller as a 360 controller, but it still counts as a controller. I want to know if there is a way I can get rumble support. The option menu says that it's supported, but I don't know how to get it to work. Anyone else who has had to do something like this figure it out? BTW I have Windows 7, and even if the Microsoft drivers worked, I would prefer XBCD because it allows all my other programs to recognize the 360 controller which won't do so on any other driver, even when I had XP. I would appreciate any help.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gammabreakergammabreaker Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I take it the driver behaves like the X360ce driver, where you have to drop DLL files into the game directory for the game to hook into? If that's the case, the reason it won't work with Champions is because of its innate 360 support. Every time you run the patcher, it will detect the "incorrect" files that you've dropped in to make your controller work and replace them with freshly downloaded "correct" files that come stock with the game. There's no way I'm aware of to bypass this (for good reason, really), including setting the files to Read Only.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get rumble otherwise. =\
  • cerebellumcerebellum Posts: 74
    edited September 2012
    I take it the driver behaves like the X360ce driver, where you have to drop DLL files into the game directory for the game to hook into? If that's the case, the reason it won't work with Champions is because of its innate 360 support. Every time you run the patcher, it will detect the "incorrect" files that you've dropped in to make your controller work and replace them with freshly downloaded "correct" files that come stock with the game. There's no way I'm aware of to bypass this (for good reason, really), including setting the files to Read Only.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to get rumble otherwise. =\

Unless it drops those dll files in there automatically, then, no I didn't have to do that. The XBCD driver can usually detect rumble from about any program that can do it, but I do suppose that since I am not being registered in game as a 360 controller, then rumble isn't supported? Or, maybe I don't have the right kind of file from CO to support rumble(usually a directX file of some kind). Anyway, thanks for at least responding, this has been up here like a couple of weeks.