test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Will Be Friday

trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
edited September 2012 in Super News Network
Just so no one gets antsy, the maintenance for this week will be on Friday, not tomorrow.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,122 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just so no one gets antsy, the maintenance for this week will be on Friday, not tomorrow.

I am guessing this is for the invasion >_<...

I am going to die so much without my AoE shielding powers :frown:...oh well PFF ALL THE WAY!!!! >_>
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,619 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Was expecting the Legacy stuff being added more than the invasion.

Any word on the Leveling Contest results or are we holding that until the Art Contest results come?
  • cyronecyrone Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am guessing this is for the invasion >_<...

I am going to die so much without my AoE shielding powers :frown:...oh well PFF ALL THE WAY!!!! >_>

Yes! PFF all the way! I'll attempt to tank some. :tongue:
    download_zpsfcg5gnud.jpg
    "There is only one way to support a PFF tank: Send Cyrone lots of money weekly... because he's the only one to successfully be a true PFF Tank." - chuckwolf
  • goodwilloutgoodwillout Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Invasion?

:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Ahh so you have noticed the DOOOOOOOOM!! threads when a patch doesn't appear on a Thursday :D
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Oh god, please bug test then. If it goes down all haywire for the weekend again, I'ma cry.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
  • overskrulloverskrull Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Invasion?

:confused:

Word is that Doctor Destroyer's going to crash the party to celebrate his return in his usual fashion, with Destroids everywhere
  • hellgamahellgama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    any chance to fix the error "no characeter slot avaiable"?
    edited September 2012
    overskrull wrote: »
    Word is that Doctor Destroyer's going to crash the party to celebrate his return in his usual fashion, with Destroids everywhere

Well no one is going to ruin my fun :mad:, I'm packing 15 party bombs and I will make those Destroids Dance!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I sense a disturbance in the Force.

*readies a bucket of tar, a fluffy pillow, a torch and a pitchfork. And some marshmellows*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lestylolestylo Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    hellgama wrote: »
    any chance to fix the error "no characeter slot avaiable"?

Seriously. This should be a top priority given the fact that we just had a sale on this and probably have plenty of people who just bought slots (add that some people from CoH probably bought some too - not a good first impression if the slots aren't working).
    "I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments."
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    Well no one is going to ruin my fun :mad:, I'm packing 15 party bombs and I will make those Destroids Dance!

... raven, did I ever tell you you're my favorite?

Patch notes for tomorrow coming up shortly. Now, shall I spoil the surprise a few days early, or let it... ambush you all?
  • skcarkskcark Posts: 715 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lestylo wrote: »
    Seriously. This should be a top priority given the fact that we just had a sale on this and probably have plenty of people who just bought slots (add that some people from CoH probably bought some too - not a good first impression if the slots aren't working).

See... here's the thing, Is this bug happening to everyone, or only people who have had gold sub some time in the past?

Because i had this similar issue, but when i took more in-depth look at the problem, it just looks like it calculates the total characters you should have, and doesn't remove the character icon correctly.

When i was silver, i calculated how many silver slots i should have, which was 6, before i deleted toons i had 12 characters made, i had to delete 7 to be able to make the 1 toon which i was still entitled too in the total char slots i had.

So yeah, that's why i think it might be a bug that only happens to people who were gold once, then went silver, having more character slots in use than they own once they go silver.

I don't know anyone yet who has had this issue and has been silver the entire time, so untill i hear of someone who meets this condition, that's pretty much what i think the situation is.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I vote ambush. I just hope I can get my desktop repaired to get back in game in time.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
    edited September 2012
    skcark wrote: »
    See... here's the thing, Is this bug happening to everyone, or only people who have had gold sub some time in the past?

Because i had this similar issue, but when i took more in-depth look at the problem, it just looks like it calculates the total characters you should have, and doesn't remove the character icon correctly.

When i was silver, i calculated how many silver slots i should have, which was 6, before i deleted toons i had 12 characters made, i had to delete 7 to be able to make the 1 toon which i was still entitled too in the total char slots i had.

So yeah, that's why i think it might be a bug that only happens to people who were gold once, then went silver, having more character slots in use than they own once they go silver.

I don't know anyone yet who has had this issue and has been silver the entire time, so untill i hear of someone who meets this condition, that's pretty much what i think the situation is.

Except there have been people who were silver the whole time who have had this problem and people who paid for all their slots who also ran into this problem, a point which shouldn't even be an issue since the promotion states that it adds on a slot regardless of how many slots one has. In any case, the fact that the problem is happening to a lot of people, especially people who have or are willing to put down money on the game is bad.

If the problem is not fixed, I'll be more than happy to take my money elsewhere and advise people not to play this game.
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2012
    In any case, the fact that the problem is happening to a lot of people, especially people who have or are willing to put down money on the game is bad.

You may be interested in our release notes for the upcoming maintenance.
    edited September 2012
    ... raven, did I ever tell you you're my favorite?

Patch notes for tomorrow coming up shortly. Now, shall I spoil the surprise a few days early, or let it... ambush you all?

xP. I cannot wait for this event ^^

Also those title boxes look intresting :o
  • nc26nc26 Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    patch didnt fix the ff slot bug
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the Friday Patch!!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Fix This!!
  • r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited September 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Thanks for the Friday Patch!!!!

Yeah... ruined another weekend XD

Maybe we all get a freeform slot for free as compensation? =) lol
  • kendallbolithokendallbolitho Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is a lesson to be learned from this. Don't mock the world's most successful super-villain for years, use his "league of destruction" as a q-ore factory, and expect to get away with it.

We should have seen it coming really.

The NemCon bugs? Destroyer strengthening his defenses.
    Crafting nodes broken? Weakening the heroes so they can't fight back.
    Invention of grab bags? Lowering the heroes morale, turning them against each other in fits of jealousy, and ensuring that they don't have the resourses to stand up to him in this, his greatest hour...

Face it heroes, we were played.
    -sage nod-
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There is a lesson to be learned from this. Don't mock the world's most successful super-villain for years, use his "league of destruction" as a q-ore factory, and expect to get away with it.

We should have seen it coming really.

The NemCon bugs? Destroyer strengthening his defenses.
    Crafting nodes broken? Weakening the heroes so they can't fight back.
    Invention of grab bags? Lowering the heroes morale, turning them against each other in fits of jealousy, and ensuring that they don't have the resourses to stand up to him in this, his greatest hour...

Face it heroes, we were played.
    -sage nod-

Mother of Zod that was a masterstroke :O

*quickly takes notes*
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    edited September 2012
    there Is A Lesson To Be Learned From This. Don't Mock The World's Most Successful Super-villain For Years, Use His "league Of Destruction" As A Q-ore Factory, And Expect To Get Away With It.

We Should Have Seen It Coming Really.

The Nemcon Bugs? Destroyer Strengthening His Defenses.
    Crafting Nodes Broken? Weakening The Heroes So They Can't Fight Back.
    Invention Of Grab Bags? Lowering The Heroes Morale, Turning Them Against Each Other In Fits Of Jealousy, And Ensuring That They Don't Have The Resourses To Stand Up To Him In This, His Greatest Hour...

Face It Heroes, We Were Played.
    -sage Nod-

omg ^^ Qft!
    edited September 2012

The freeform slot bug was not fixed. This is turning into some sort of sick joke at this point.
    edited September 2012
    Except there have been people who were silver the whole time who have had this problem and people who paid for all their slots who also ran into this problem, a point which shouldn't even be an issue since the promotion states that it adds on a slot regardless of how many slots one has. In any case, the fact that the problem is happening to a lot of people, especially people who have or are willing to put down money on the game is bad.

If the problem is not fixed, I'll be more than happy to take my money elsewhere and advise people not to play this game.

Except, i said i haven't specifically heard of anyone that was purely silver having this issue, untill now, when you say it happened. So theres no need to start a comment with "except" and then follow it up with an entire post designed as if replying and implying that i spoke with pure fact, I simply said what i thought *might* be the issue at the heart of the bug, and i also mentioned i don't know 100% All you had to do was actually read what i said and not reply as if you think i said it only happened to golds.
    edited September 2012
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    Yeah... ruined another weekend XD

Maybe we all get a freeform slot for free as compensation? =) lol

Why, what happened with the patch?