test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's Have a War!

lafury001200lafury001200 Posts: 567 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Suggestions Box
*note : Coh inspired this post. I loved Coh because of all it's flaws, faults, player divides, etc etc ad naseum we had one thing in common. The Rikti.

War !

Grouping in teams of 5 is fine. Gravitar alert proved 10 was feasible.

I understand the cryptic team has a lot on it's plate at the moment, but I think with assets currently available and a little elbow grease this might actually be feasible : a new fight. An involved one that could instill an even greater sense of community and would be really good fun.

The Scenario: Millenium City's closest neighboring city has been overrun by the Roin'esh. The sheer numbers the enemy has fielded make any infiltration/subterfuge type missions impractical. If they are too be driven back, it must be by force. If the Roin'esh continue to advance unchecked, Millenium city will fall.

Environment: Use existing MC, Vibora Bay and Resistance neighborhood environmental art , create a shard of mc , overlay with aforementioned tech (customized to look distinctive but not require too much new work). Add smoke and gunfire sound fx like in resistance for flavor.

Access: There should be a queue for this mission and probably a player population cap at somewhere between 30 or 40 to prevent lag/instability/etc. Stress test the encounter (obviously) to determine the best mix of a player too npc ratio.

The Mission: Eliminate the occupying forces.
Enemy type(s)*:

1. Roin'esh .

2. A villian organization that exists in Champs lore we haven't seen yet, seeking to facilitate the invasion for reasons as yet undetermined.

*Number of enemies yet to be determined

Loading the instance: Queue in groups of 5 to minimize waiting time. As soon as 2 groups queue a 5 minute timer will start the mission proper. Players may log in post expiration of timer but will obviously not get to attack whats already been defeated, making contribution possible without detracting from first responders.

Application: Basically this would be an instanced running warzone. Lots of people (hopefully) fighting together towards a common goal.

Lockout: Yes a lockout. Reckless is cool , but so are double edged swords.

Final note: This may seem a tad simplistic, but I'm a firm believer that most people who play MMO's like a good fight. Explosions. Mayhem. Urban combat, nervous about turning the corner at the end of the alley because your last teammate who went down there got clobbered before he could relay a situation report or warning. Lunging at an enemy who you just noticed is about to skewer a hero. Action and excitement.

I'd like to see a larger scale fight here than what we have seen so far, and in my opinion it would be relatively easy to create considering Cryptic does have environmental and instancing tech available that in theory could make this possible. If we can have city wide team pvp duels, we can have an instance of mc dedicated to lots of players versus a common foe.

Thank you for your time.
Post edited by lafury001200 on

Comments