What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demonflame buggy?

forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Gameplay Bugs
Screenies from Luther Black fight

miniature black and huge scythehands

truly humongous Scythehand

Moral get the scythehands quick (don't let em grow too much) and ignore Black totally. Don't even try to kill/stun him he just turns undamageable or regens.

The aggro of some mobs may need a downwards tweak it may be just a me glitch but the mobs seem more inclined to all rush at once.

I have done this AP a lot.... At least twice with all my 40s I never do it before level 30 something coz I want my build to have all the necessities before trying this series of challenges. I always do it on elite but atm I'm not sure I could do it with all my characters, the squishy ones will most likely die too fast in the final fight.

For those who want it it maybe a very good challenge especially for a squishy but I am concerned about new players shrugs maybe it's cool on normal level.
Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
Post edited by forrksakesexco on

Comments

• forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Have reported this (again?) ticket number 1,419,105 or was it 405? I forget!
    I did this just now with a freeform level 40 with silver recog gear so it's not impossible but I think it will be harsh on levelling players with less experience.
    On the plus side there is challenge to be had by the challenge aholics, can you do this with a squishy build or a twenty something build? Do please tell all!

P.S. And I only just noticed, the Guardians of the Outer Silence have two passives... Lightning Reflexes and Shadow Form. No wonder they take a lot of beating down.
  • sanmercisanmerci Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Heh. I can do this AP with a seriously tanky character. And... that's it.

My DPSers cannot heal themselves fast enough if they maintain aggro, and if they lose aggro (pretty much only possible by breaking LOS), the scythehands wander off and one-shot the Demon Key, thus guaranteeing another iteration of fail.

I simply cannot imagine how brutal this AP would be for any sort of Archetype character. I'm just not that masochistic.

Frankly, given how truly sucky the rewards are for this AP and how stupidly hard it has become, it is no longer fun to do. That's a shame, by the way, given how it plays into the Aftershock CS if you like to follow stories.

Also, given that the APs and CSs were originally intended as alternate levelling paths, I'd say we have an example of complete and utter design failure.
  • jeffsteelmanjeffsteelman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just tried fighting Luther Black, and it's impossible, at least for my Grimori, and it just has to be bugged. Luther isn't supposed to be human the whole battle, and the scythheads are surly not supposed to fill up the entire boss fight chamber. They are so huge it trashes my fps, not to mention their normal attack does like 6,000 plus damage at that point. There is no way this is an intentional change, considering the way the fight played the 1st time I did it months ago.
  • ipsissimusalephipsissimusaleph Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Aha, so it's not just me being new and ...sub-par. My level 14 Grimoire's been at this for a few days now (solo at normal 'cos I'm just trying to get a feel for the game just now), trying to dust Black and finish the Demonflame arc. The REALLY annoying thing for me was on the first attempt -he'd picked up an Acheronic Mace earlier and still had about 60/100 shots left on it -the mace worked fine until Black had only a sliver of red left in his HP Bar, then it abruptly stopped having any effect whatsoever on him and -in the heat of the moment - used up the last 10 hits off it confirming that his HPs were no longer dropping!
  • oaktree321oaktree321 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So... my char is level 24 dual sword.

and I finally "finished" BL.... I say "finished" because the quest is bugged and now I can't finish it.

So I think the issue has to do with the fact that I died/respaned almost at the same time as the Demon Key finished the last chest.

I was glad that it finished it, and I teleported my way back to the chamber. (btw noticed that the mobs in the hallways respaned...).

When I got there the demon key was sitting near the last chest which was "open" and the Black Luther was still sitting there in his invincibility form.

And that's it. Nothing else seemed to happen.

I checked the quest log, and it told me to return to major bourdreau. I found no exit door within the chamber, so I left using the door at the beginning of the level.

It teleported me to outside of the bookstore.

I then realized that major bourdreau is not outside, and attempted to go back in the world using the bookstore door. However, I couldn't interact with the door anymore....

So in conclusion, now I am stuck outside the door with no way to turn in the demonflame quest nor get any rewards from it... T_T

please let me know if anyone else had similar issues >.<;;
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There have been a TON of issue with Demonflame for a long time now, especially thanks to On Alert. Maybe its one of the things being fixed in bug month since I know plenty of people who filed bug reports about a lot of issue all the way through it, and bug reports is was Cryptic North is looking through.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    sanmerci wrote: »
    I simply cannot imagine how brutal this AP would be for any sort of Archetype character. I'm just not that masochistic.

That's probably why so many players who try this content quit, forever!
    Cryptic sure does have a way with turning people away from their game.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    That's probably why so many players who try this content quit, forever!
    Cryptic sure does have a way with turning people away from their game.

Hey! Most of this crap was slapped together in someone's spare time years ago!

You can't expect Cryptic to, y'know, perform UPKEEP on it to actually...well...keep it running! Can you?
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey! Most of this crap was slapped together in someone's spare time years ago!
    Incorrect.. It was an Adventure Pack and was intended to provide a challenge for 1 to 5 freeformers, not be a walkover for ATs who don't know how to play in any case.
    It had a rather spectacular launch, we called it the "Great Demonflame Lagstorm", due to like one line of code buried somewhere in it whenever players logged on after a coupla minutes you got unplayable lag. Hard to test that... Instanced missions were ok but open world was a bust. I like many others retreated to PVP - that worked. As I recollect so too were the Powerhouses exempt from this, someone posted something like "cool are there some good missions in there".
    Wow someone actually quitting coz Champions Online is "too hard". LMAO - god help em if they ever play another MMO. There are bugs that need to be fixed and gradually this is being done, I wouldn't say it's too harsh a challenge but maybe I'm turning into Snakebitewildlife.
    edited January 2015
    Seriously. Over two years since I last posted in here, and Black still summons unlimited mutilated Scythehands... and then proceeds to grow them through the damn roof. Is there any chance- any at all- that this pack will ever get fixed or, alternatively, removed and replaced? Please?
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just kill the Scythehands quickly with a strong attack and that's all.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wire%20Shopping%20Cart%20160L%2045%20degree%20view_large.jpg

There should be a size limit.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited January 2015
    Well, I did manage (barely) by maneuver and chest beams to succeed with 2 whole seconds to spare...

but using a lvl 23 AT automaton was a pain in the tush. One that I plan to never, ever do again.