test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demonflame again after a bit of a hiatus

forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Missions and Content
This is either working as it was originally intended (providing a very serious challenge) or maybe a bit buggy. Hard as nails either way.
Luther Black doesn't grow like he used to and tho I tried my utmost to put him down, used to be you could kinda stun him for a bit doing this - no dice there babe. The Scythehands... well at one point I had four of em on me which is two more'n I'm used to. Plus underline plus Luther Black may not grow any more those guys do.

me heroically fighting 2 of em at once

my earlier unsuccessful effort but I thought a pic was worth it

As I recollect he grew too big for the screen to render and disappeared, maybe this is a bit like that final (first part) fight in Bloodrayne where you have to kill the guy before he gets too massive to kill. If so this is a new mechanic to me.

I noticed also that the evil hordes are much more inclined to all rush you at once rather than hang around waiting for you to get round to killing em. This was very noticeable in The Master of All Sorrows episode where the key and I took on about 4 or 5 mobs in close succession. The Portal too far episode was particularly heavy and I think I got a load of stray Imps as well as what felt like an army of horrors.

I remember it having challenge in places but this seems different i.e. much harder in places. I'm not sure I coulda taken it without my two self heals, active defence and defensive passive. Sheesh thought I knew this game!
Profound quote.. "I'm not a complete idiot - several parts are missing."
Post edited by forrksakesexco on

Comments

• agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lol your trade chat is showing TKane! :-D (PS: I didn't know that was you with the forum change :smile:)

This sounds like a bug that needs fixing. You know what I say about bugs right? ^_^
  • misterjustmisterjust Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It's been like this since the August 24 patch. Still beatable, but I wouldn't want to try it with a squishy DPS type. Although I noticed that the scythehands and Black don't reset their aggro when the Key finishes at a chest, which is pretty much the only thing making the fight possible at all now.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm beginning to wonder if there's someone actively sabotaging the game over at Cryptic. It seems that there are more bugged missions every day and it's not like these are new missions either. Most of these missions worked last year but now I'm finding lots of old content is now virtually unplayable.

I tried this mission tonight and as a tank I couldn't deal enough damage to keep up with the scythehands. There were five of them before Luther began growing them and when he did one was so large he seemed to take up the entire central platform, the other was half that size. Both were hitting very hard but big one was dealing over 400 damage through my blocks and I was taking over 2000 per hit when I wasn't blocking. I tried the mission a few times and it always seemed to progress to the same point: I was taking too much damage to not block, without attacking I'd loose agro, and then some of the bad guys would focus on the demon key while the massive ones kept slowly pounding me to death. I used to be able to solo this adventure pack. With the Crisis in Vibora Bay now being impossible to complete now (thanks to more bugs) I thought I might try this old standby to level my character up to 40. Turns out this mission might be unplayable now as well.

I suspect that Luther shouldn't be super sizing the same scythehand over and over again till it almost touches the ceiling, also there used to be a point where Luther would begin his transformation giving to a few seconds without having to deal with him. I'm not sure that this mission is actively bugged, though the gigantic scythehands doesn't seem right, but as is I'd say it's pretty much unbeatable for most characters.
  • piro2genpiro2gen Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Different mission, but maybe related ...

Tutorial. Black Talon fight. He is spamming special attacks like Orbital Cannon, Tanglecoil, etc 24/7. A couple of month ago he'd use this powers, but not spamming with zero delay. That orbital cannon FX was up nonstop for example.

It could be that the bug is that bosses have zero cooldown on big, special attacks.
  • pokeymcforkpokeymcfork Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've been having the same issue of Luther Black spamming the minion buff, making them too large to fit in the room and capable of one-shotting me with the charge thing, even through a block.

This has rendered the fight more or less impossible on my own, and there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to put up with this.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wait... so it wasn't my imagination that the buffed up Scythehands are ridiculous when I tried Demonflame last week? I couldn't beat it with my Dark/Celestial. She held her own good until the Scythehands got buffed. Then I was getting squished in two hits while blocking.
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well that's interesting, I decided to have another tonk at it with a different tho similar toon tonight (early AM actually). Have gotten to the King beyond pale and will grab some more screenies and bug report it again if needs be. It's another invuln with two self heals, active defence and offence so it should be do-able tho not by the sound of it easy.
  • forrksakesexcoforrksakesexco Posts: 435 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not the King beyond pale but the Queen sry bout that.
    Having done the easy peasy Jack fool and the absolute walkover that is Portal too far I then just roflstomped the Left Hand as you do (well I have done this one a lot). I ventured my luck against the dreaded Black and his wretched Scythehands.

Observations..
    Black is not growing to impressive size and much of the time he is undamageable but he does drop his defence a bit, just not enough for me to put him down even once. I'm pretty sure this is a bug.
    When he boosts the scythehands they regen so don't bother trying to damage em whilst he infuses em with power. The giant scythehands go down pretty fast to a level 40 Silver recog R5 gear Invuln with Lightning Arc, Lightning Storm and Force Cascade. (41% crit rate 75% severity btw). Levelling builds will I suspect really struggle.

As this is intended for any level I will add another bug report, twenty somethings and thirty somethings will have serious probs I imagine.
  • iianoriianor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah. I was duoing this with a friend, who was on a lower level then me.
    Well. You're not the only one that noticed it was odd.

I've had him supercharge the same scythe-hand 8 times in a row. No breaks. No pauses.

I've also had him do his summon, but instead of the 1 per player, he was spawning five and six a time, and just repeated it three times in a row.

On both of those runs he sorta ate us.
    And by sorta I mean his 8x scyth-ehand could hit hit for an ungodly amount of damage, just as expected. On the other runs we just couldn't kill everything fast enough to prevent them from getting big sized, then eating my friend, and slowly eating me.

We just ran through that part of the fight repeatedly until his actions worked out favorably for us, and won in the end.

We didn't have any other problems in the mission, but I'm a gold, and I build to survive.