test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HW and Earth combo

c3rvand0c3rvand0 Posts: 403 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Builds and Roles
I am looking for advice on making a HW and Earth power hero, with emphasis on ranged Earth attacks and a few melee attacks. The concept is he is a giant Colossus of Rhodes type statue which is magically sentient. I want him to be very tough and survive a lot of damage, but not to be an actual tank. All advice welcome.
_______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by c3rvand0 on

Comments

• Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    c3rvand0 wrote: »
    I am looking for advice on making a HW and Earth power hero, with emphasis on ranged Earth attacks and a few melee attacks. The concept is he is a giant Colossus of Rhodes type statue which is magically sentient. I want him to be very tough and survive a lot of damage, but not to be an actual tank. All advice welcome.

youdefinately need earth splitter in the build, along with skewer, annihilate and cleave, if your focus is going to be on earth, i might suggest teh 25 foot earth lunge/attack rather than a full lunge as it can becoema pretty nasty knockback.

as for passive youll want either invuln or defiance, if youre statting con in any way id go with defiance. from there it really depends on what earth skills youre looking into/really want in the build
  • Options
    amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe when the build I posted earlier gets worked on a little more, maybe you can Adapt it into your theme.
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    theapygoos wrote: »
    youdefinately need earth splitter in the build, along with skewer, annihilate and cleave, if your focus is going to be on earth, i might suggest teh 25 foot earth lunge/attack rather than a full lunge as it can becoema pretty nasty knockback.

as for passive youll want either invuln or defiance, if youre statting con in any way id go with defiance. from there it really depends on what earth skills youre looking into/really want in the build

I am familiar with HW and your suggestions are all good, but I was hoping for input for Earth powers as I am not familiar with them. I really only want a few melee powers as he is to be primarily ranged.
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Shameless bump, could anyone post a champbuilder build for me, much appreciated?
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    On my Earth Chars i use mainly Quicksand, Cave-In and Fissure with Reconstruct.
    For leveling i used DEX / CON / REC with Form of the Tempest, at 40 i switched to
    EGO / CON / REC with Concentration at some point.

Since i didn't really know what to take as energy unlock i decided at around 35 finally to take
    Overdrive for spamming Quicksand, and in the end i also took Devour Essence then as
    extra heal.

With HW maybe INT and MSA would be better .. i tried that also but didn't liked to use a lunge
    all few seconds on a mainly ranged character.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    On my Earth Chars i use mainly Quicksand, Cave-In and Fissure with Reconstruct.
    For leveling i used DEX / CON / REC with Form of the Tempest, at 40 i switched to
    EGO / CON / REC with Concentration at some point.

Since i didn't really know what to take as energy unlock i decided at around 35 finally to take
    Overdrive for spamming Quicksand, and in the end i also took Devour Essence then as
    extra heal.

With HW maybe INT and MSA would be better .. i tried that also but didn't liked to use a lunge
    all few seconds on a mainly ranged character.

Thanks for your reply, will try these :)
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Have just updated my Eartbuild thread here with a new build :

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2386361#post2386361
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Have just updated my Eartbuild thread here with a new build :

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=2386361#post2386361

Thanks this has proved really useful. :)