test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nodes not giving skill points!

lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Gameplay Bugs
Now it may just be me but ever since the new patch went in I have been collecting nodes for about half an hour and my level 2 science skill is still at level 2. All the nodes in the desert as far as I can tell are not awarding any skill points when collected.
Post edited by lordwolfy on

Comments

• vendincevendince Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have the same issue.
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Need more info. What exactly is you current science skill level? When you say level 2 I'm thinking you have 2 out of the max 400. Or do you have 200 science skill? And what level is your character?
  • cptmillenniumcptmillennium Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same here. I've submitted an in-game bug report.

For clarification, my Science skill is at 10. Every skill point came from fusions, not a single point came from node collections. Node collection is currently not awarding skill increases at all. I haven't tested Magic or Arms nodes, only Science.
    In my case, it's 5 out of the max 400, and the character is level 22. All those skill points came from fusions, science nodes simply don't give points at all.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Mysticism gave points as of 2 weeks ago, not sure after the patch.
  • bobj021960bobj021960 Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same here. I've submitted an in-game bug report.

For clarification, my Science skill is at 10. Every skill point came from fusions, not a single point came from node collections. Node collection is currently not awarding skill increases at all. I haven't tested Magic or Arms nodes, only Science.

Same senario for Arms.
    Arms skill is 10 of 400 totally from fusing.
    Farmed low-level nodes in Desert and Canada when Char was level 15-25 (approx) and not 1 skill point from nodes.

This started after patch on 08/24/12.
  • lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To clarify to my OP. I was 2 out of 400 and my level was 17. Now I have 5 out of 400 due to my fusing. Not a single skill point was had through collection of nodes.
  • koriel8koriel8 Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I had this bug a long time ago. The developer response was to try nodes in a different zone and it worked.
  • outofworkeroutofworker Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    koriel8 wrote: »
    I had this bug a long time ago. The developer response was to try nodes in a different zone and it worked.

not the same thing. this is a new bug that started with nighthawk... (he seems to REALLY hate Champions) and it is across every zone. I've experimented with many alts in many zones, on many maps. They simply do not grant skill ups any longer.
    ~ Life is too short to take seriously ~
  • tsariastsarias Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    that's a BS workaround. it needs to get fixed.
    edited August 2012
    And still no sign that it is in the works to even get fixed. A simple "we are aware of the problem" would be better then nothing at all.
  • serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    how about it can we at least get an acknowledgement that this bug that totally breaks the mod/fusion system exists!?!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Current crafting bugs:
    1. some gave wrong ones eg. mysticism in MI need science skill to use
    2. require a level but ignore yours. eg. science- area 51, mysic reporter area in canada, reuire skill 101+ but you can't use even if your skill is higher.
    Newest ones
    3. No skill up sfrom nodes. Only from fusing.
    4. Trainers fail basic economics and tell you that you don't have enough resources to train.

The one I am currently levelling has had skill 200 since L20, I just hit 35 and can't get any on the higher areas(they need 201+) because I can't train. So fusing won't even help with me.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

edited September 2012
    Can we get any acknowledgement that this bug is being investigated?
  • draeoxdraeox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    As of today I got a response from my logged ticket. My ticket mentions that I am no longer receiving skill points from investigation. In 24 levels of collecting everything I had found, I had secured enough mods to get a level 9 science skill where all points were gained purely from fusing. Not 1 point was gained through investigation. The response on this ticket said...
    "I have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums..."

Does this mean their intent is to keep things this way? And if it is then why do all of my missions and current level apropriate areas require that I have a skill of 101+?

It would have been really nice if they simply answered that is was a known bug, which it must be, but instead I get this answer. Has anyone read anywhere that there were any intentional changes to investigation? Even the tutorial videos played by the fusion vendor tell you to gain skill by investigating objects.
  • drannicdrannic Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have added this issue to my list of items to look into tomorrow. Ill see what I can find out.
    Developer QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
    edited September 2012
    drannic wrote: »
    I have added this issue to my list of items to look into tomorrow. Ill see what I can find out.

Thank you Drannic! Just the fact that you now know about it and will look into it is good enough. Hopefully this issue will be corrected soon!
  • jayleia1jayleia1 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Still bugged, any updates on what the source of the problem is, and ETA for fixing?
  • gnostromognostromo Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jayleia1 wrote: »
    Still bugged, any updates on what the source of the problem is, and ETA for fixing?

Pretty sure the cause of the problem is the same reason the bug hasn't been fixed in the last month:

It seems there aren't enough devs allocated to Champions to keep the game running smoothly.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Finally fixed on PTS, at least according to the patch notes.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • sinesloschensinesloschen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm Blade, level 31, with skill 20 of crafting, and I spend the last two weeks searching and taking items in every map, in a anoying quest with a lot of frustrating moments (there is a lot of items that require skill level 101 or 201). I've collected about a 130 or more items of level 1, and fused with success, the most of times. In all cases, skill never was raised, except trying a "risk fusion" (Items with Level III and catalyst of 10%, about 56%, or 46% with safeguard).

This is not funny to spend items of Lvl II or III and catalysts because a stupid bug.

Now we have another shard manteinance for two hours. Seriously, I hope this bug will be repaired.
  • danteandersendanteandersen Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Not fixed as of this maintenance/patch.

I collected nodes in different zones and never received any skill point increases. I am now 27/400 in skill solely from fusions, level 32 character.
    edited October 2012
    I think the problem is about "reference" or "difficult value", I mean:

I observed that there is a difficult added, depending of player skill level, in reason of the node level and item level found. By any reason, the game it's taking the "difficult reference" on level player, not on crafting skill. I will explain in another point of view:

When I say "difficult reference", I'm talking about the variable porcent of success for raise skill level (not visible for player). The success porcent on fusion depends directly of Skill level, and now, this is working fine. In other words, the variable that decide if your skill raise, showed in yellow text (your skill level now is XX).

By this, if the game take "reference" of player skill craft level, it works good. Now, each time you increase your player level (0-40), you are increasing the "difficult reference" for success on skill craft level.

The trick is just made the more fusions you can when your player is at low level. Players who was too late searching nodes and making fusions have a big problem.

Sorry if my english is not accurate.
    edited October 2012
    The skill points was solved after the last update, but today, I got new bugs:

-Canada -> looking for lvl.2 nodes -> Found one -> interacting -> Requires mysticism level +101. <<<WTF - I'M LEVEL 122 !!!!!>>>

The (Psy) node found was a on a hill in front of Argent Factory. I tried with others on the same zone, with similar results.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Good news the nodes have started workign again this week.

No idea if the trainers have, since my charac ter needs another level to train.

and yes the mystic ones in canada, science ones in area 51 and I can't remember which ones on monster island are screwy, that way
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg