test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More dev's online? Please?

syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Suggestions Box
I just want to start out by saying - I do not hate cryptic or PWE.

I think you guys have done a wonderful job giving the community what it wants (i.e. people complaining about leveling taking too long = alerts, people whining about how silvers should get ff = ff slot for purchase)

That being said, I AM NOT calling all of you whiners or trolling (you do have to admit there are some whiners out there) I think most of CO is great.

So here is my suggestion: Bring a dev online. Thats it.

A dev stirs up so much excitment, provides something new, you could even do like an employee reward thing and anyone who gets employee of the month, let them log in and play with the community a bit. Give out rewards, duel the strongest of CO, run Serpant Lantern with a team.

It would be a great way to get first hand feedback, it would really exite the players to see someone, and it would give PWE/Cryptic some presence in the game - to show the players you ARE listening and you DO care. I realize that players may demand answers from whoever was online - answers that you may not want to give out just yet, much less trust just anyone on your team to keep secret when they are online with such prestige. But you should be able to think of something (I dont have all the answers)

My point is, it would never be boring, even just done every once in a while - players would want to log in to see if there is a fun team duel or hide and seek match going on with a dev.

This is just my opinion - and please, everyone else let your voices be heard. This is perhaps one of the easiest thing that they could do that - in my humble opinion - would be a lot of fun, and would give us some piece of mind, to show that they havent abandoned the game, so we wont.

Lets try to keep the flame wars out of this one ok? I reeally don't want them to dismiss this. :redface:

-Azer
Post edited by syntaxes on

Comments

• lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It would be pretty great to see them back in game on the live server more,like maybe dev day on a Friday or some day during the week in which a dev comes out to play with the community,collect game info,and overall just stir up the game community a bit.
  • stupendousmanxstupendousmanx Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would love to see this happen, even better if it happens during events like anniversaries or the blood moon.

[SIGPIC]Too late![/SIGPIC]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    At this point id be happy to have the new intern who's only job up to now has been to fetch the coffee, show up on-line. At least it would be something.
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    At this point id be happy to have the new intern who's only job up to now has been to fetch the coffee, show up on-line. At least it would be something.

I vote for Jim the janitor. :tongue:
  • agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Having the devs in-game has been notoriously a good thing. Even if the poor dev who says hello immediately gets like a thousand PMs and "OMG!" replies, it's notable boon to PR, as it shows they actually like to play the game they're responsible in part for making. Furthermore, it gives them an opportunity to experience the changes firsthand.

This topic is an obvious, yes of course for me, and I thank you for creating it.

/vote yes
  • angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The "intern" account needs to be shared (to help promote uniformity)... :wink:
    ...And the name on the account needs to be GM_Steve :eek: (if you don't get it, i can't explain it to you)
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Last December I was moving to get out of CO.
    It would be the last month of my six month sub.
    Tumorboy made appearances in zone chat, everyone was excited like they
    were going to get a bumpy ride on Santa's lap. I resubbed.

Then you made Tumorboy go away.
    No bumpy lap rides for you!
  • syntaxessyntaxes Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Last December I was moving to get out of CO.
    It would be the last month of my six month sub.
    Tumorboy made appearances in zone chat, everyone was excited like they
    were going to get a bumpy ride on Santa's lap. I resubbed.

Then you made Tumorboy go away.
    No bumpy lap rides for you!

See? Just proves that it works putting dev's online :biggrin:
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have some chat logs of that somewhere. I thought they would be forum gold,
    then when T-boy left the building they were more like sad holiday memories
    of a good time with a friend now lost:frown:

There are some educational bits in there about why its not always efficient to have a developer in game.
    The begging for special treatment.
    The begging for bugs to be fixed or features to be included
    and expectation that the dev is there taking notes on what everyone wants done.
    You can almost hear the future in the comment "You should do x" echoing back
    into the present "But man I told that dev in chat he should do x. Devs don't listen!"
    X being an unknown element, not the known party favor, of course.

Then there is "where is the dev, lets find him and touch him and wear his awesome dev scent" which causes a massive lag. Tumorboy was on a laptop at his parents house so he found some place to hide, probably in an Enterprise class starship, cloaked above MC.

We used to have community reps, but the community is very small and very play for free.
    I guess its too late in the game's life for celebrity appearances.
    How awesome if Stan Lee was here to judge a costume or bio contest and everyone showed up with clones? Haha.

Back in the BBS days the board I bought into for $10 a month was run by a guy who managed an 'adult entertainment' company, private lap dances, jello wrestling, stag parties, that kind of thing. He has his stripperific employees man the BBS and keep the geek crowd totally on a leash. Champions should follow this business model.
    A bunch of super hero dressed exotic dancers touring the nation and zone chat in support of the game. What could go wrong?
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Man, I remember when tyshien did the cosmic hunts. I could definitely go for that again.
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine