test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forget Nighthawk's innocence or guilt, who brain-napped Dr Cerebellum?

battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Champions Online Discussion
There's a powerful new fiend running around Millenium City and they are not to be underestimated!

For they have brain-napped the powerful hero Dr Cerebellum right out of her robot body!

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=164321

Blame might fly in the direction of the sinister saturnian Star Worm but it seems that she too is likely fallen victim to this mysterious new enemy.

http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=164241

(Seriously can you quickly fix whatever bug came in with the last patch that made my beloved hero's bubble-dome empty?)
the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
Post edited by battybattybats on

Comments

• Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bummer, I love that toon.

Sorry to hear you've lost your mind. *ahem, sorry again... couldn't resist. :redface:*

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bummer, I love that toon.

Sorry to hear you've lost your mind. *ahem, sorry again... couldn't resist. :redface:*

dang,beat me to it

but seriously,that bug needs to be fixed ASAP
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2012
    Zounds! The galactic superteam of Kahrr-Iptic CuAye are jumping into action to solve this mystery.
  • Options
    klittyklitty Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh! Oh! I've got the perfect soundtrack for this movie!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCD14IrOcIs

:D

=^ _ ^= Kitty Lives!
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't tell the zombies. They'd 'help look for it' but...
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Please Sir, for me, Sir,
    Won't you see if you see, Sir?
    Oh dear, I dread
    I seem to have lost my head
    I think I left it about
    It fell to the ground
    And I kicked it around
    Has anyone seen, no need to be mean,
    My bloody, fat, ugly head?

Please Miss, for me, Sis,
    Won't you see if you see, Sis
    It's got black hair
    And it's kickin' about in the square
    I'm really not totally sure but
    I think that it might have rolled into the sewer.
    Has anyone seen, no need to be mean,
    My bloody, fat, ugly head?

- Voltaire, The Headless Waltz

Sorry. I hope this bug gets fixed ASAP and you get your head back. But hey, at least this is a moderately funny bug. :tongue:
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Damn that brain stealing Sylar gets about.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Have no fear they took those brains for a thorough cleansing and polish. The newly washed brains will be returned once they've dried. I hope they don't get too much spin in the cycle.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's affecting all head gear that has a movement animation.

My curls got cut too.. totally bald.
  • Options
    zenzenarimasenzenzenarimasen Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nepht wrote: »
    Damn that brain stealing Sylar gets about.

You actually watched that aweful show? Well, I did too, but you won't catch me admitting it in public... um... oops...

Anyway, did you have the same thoughts about New Spock in the the 2009 Star Trek film doing a Vulcan Mind Meld by cutting someone's skull cap open with telekinesis and then examining the brain?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → Ⓑ Ⓐ
  • Options
    mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You actually watched that aweful show?

*almost defends the first season but sobs in the corner instead*
  • Options
    emeraldcrosshairemeraldcrosshair Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »

*Also hides in corner*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Posts: 4,504 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh come on, you had to at least love Hiro.

What awkward comic book geek couldn't love another awkward comic book geek? :biggrin:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This does show that invisible man/woman and pilotless power-armor characters and nemesis could work with just invisible head and hand options plus the sneak powers visual effects so i put up a thread in the suggestion section for that to be an option for those who want it http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=164721

So people could have costumes for when their armor is on autopilot, or a nemesis who is a version of their armor that has gained it's own mind such as happened to iron man and people could have the classic H.G. Wells invisible man look where only the clothes make the character visible.

All of which would be cool... once Dr Cerebellum is rescued!

After all the robot suit was built to protect people from the lethal portion of Dr Cerebellums living electricity body (a consequence of being healed by a passing benevolent energy being with little understanding of organic life when it encountered the Dr dying in the wreckage of her prototype rocket which was shot down on the moon on it's maiden voyage by space pirates!) and that means the limitless lethal energies of the Dr could be powering who-knows-what deadly weapon of mass destruction in the hands of some dreadfully powered villain!

If Dr Cerebellum isn't rescued from whatever villain has brain-napped her i fear that Millenium City.. no the Entire World must be surely DOOMED!
  • Options
    animaniac0451animaniac0451 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This was also happening on test, I noticed my brain in a bubble sexy armored psycher "Love me for my mind" was brain napped too.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    This was also happening on test, I noticed my brain in a bubble sexy armored psycher "Love me for my mind" was brain napped too.

Do you think it's one of the Telios brains jealous of our awesomeness and trying to get vengeance on us for a certain unforeseen metabolic chain reaction?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This gives meaning o the term Empty headed, :)
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mijjestic wrote: »

I will. Dammit Season 1 ROCKED!!!

The rest... not so much. At all. :mad:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You actually watched that aweful show?

I never understood the appeal of that show personally. I tried to watch it on Netflix, I think I got about 5 or 6 episodes in before my brain said, nope can't take anymore of this stupid.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I never understood the appeal of that show personally. I tried to watch it on Netflix, I think I got about, 5 or 6 episodes in before my brain said, nope can't take anymore of this stupid.

I thought it was uber dumb but had ONE JUST ONE redeeming feature.

The villain was comedy genius. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWT15PHGuWI

But yeah a lot of helmet stuff has vanished with this patch worms heads are also gone :/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tried to give the show some slack. Didn't watch it very often, but at least I'd try to catch the snarky recaps on Television Without Pity.

Then they had the second eclipse. The one that took everyone by surprise (a surprise eclipse? Did the Moon start moving under its own power or something? Should we check to see if Zim is piloting it?), and that covered the entire world, even the night-side.

Yeah, I checked out completely at that point.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    ...Then they had the second eclipse.
    The one that took everyone by surprise (a surprise eclipse? Did the Moon start moving under its own power or something? Should we check to see if Zim is piloting it?), and that covered the entire world, even the night-side.

Yeah, I checked out completely at that point.
    As opposed to a monthly bloody moon?
    (Sorry, i had to :redface: )

It was a show about "super powered people".
    At that point, if you're worried about continuity or consistancy, why bother watching it all?

I watched it for Zachary Quinto, plain and simple :biggrin:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Now that Dr Cerebellum has been rescued and returned to her array of robot bodies there still remains a dire and dangerous problem...

Who snuck into the secret cave of vampiress swashbuckler the Scarlet Pippistrelle and shaved off her red locks while she slept in her coffin?

Believe me it's hard enough for her to restrain her violent bloodlust at the best of times, now she's so mad it's hard to keep her from crossing the line from Hero to Villain!

Hopefully there's some mystic out there able to use a spell or potion to restore her hair...
  • Options
    clockwiseclockwise Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bug that needed fixing? Or, awesome new costume piece preview?

OH MY GOD, THE BUBBLE IS EMPTY!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was Dubsy on the Old Forums. I am still @Dubsy in-game. Also, lol.
  • Options
    r9xchaosr9xchaos Posts: 533
    edited August 2012
    I wonder how long they wil take to recode--- the entire game...because almost everythign i want to do in game is bugged now .. after nightfu...hawk patch...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    clockwise wrote: »
    Bug that needed fixing? Or, awesome new costume piece preview?

OH MY GOD, THE BUBBLE IS EMPTY!!!

Thats why i said this in the suggestions section http://co-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=164721
  • Options
    beastmagbeastmag Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    whaa? the whole brain! villainy! villainy!
  • Options
    ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    .... wow so much bashing of "Heroes' tv show goin on here... i'm not ashamed...
    I LOVED IT! yes! and not just because of a blond cheerleader either! :wink:
    peter was awesome
    sylar was the best villain ever who wanted to be a hero.... but of course couldnt help but being what he was.
    c'mon a painter that could paint the future but had to be high in order to do it? AWESOME!

granted the last season or two got a little wierd plot wise even for me, but the show rocked.

it was one of the most popular tv shows on while it aired.... some of you pple bashing it prolly loved the show but are to scared to admit it :tongue:

my favorite quote :cool:
    mohinder: Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach.

used to be my siggy from before forum changeover..... hmmm wonder if i should put it back..
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »

my favorite quote :cool:
    mohinder: Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach. Capable of living for months without food. Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time. Resistant to radiation. If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach.

used to be my siggy from before forum changeover..... hmmm wonder if i should put it back..

If you do you should make a character with a name like Cockroach Messiah to go with it.

I made one ages ago that i haven't yet decided as to whether to be a hero or nemesis called Glockroach.
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Now that Dr Cerebellum has been rescued and returned to her array of robot bodies there still remains a dire and dangerous problem...

Who snuck into the secret cave of vampiress swashbuckler the Scarlet Pippistrelle and shaved off her red locks while she slept in her coffin?

Believe me it's hard enough for her to restrain her violent bloodlust at the best of times, now she's so mad it's hard to keep her from crossing the line from Hero to Villain!

Hopefully there's some mystic out there able to use a spell or potion to restore her hair...

Glad to hear about the bug being fixed but... what? The rest of that post is nonsensical to me.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    agentnx5 wrote: »
    Glad to hear about the bug being fixed but... what? The rest of that post is nonsensical to me.
    Translation: Some of the hairstyles have disappeared. His vampiress character is now bald. It's not as potentially devastating to the world at large as Dr. Cerebellum being removed from her containment suit, but...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Ah at last Scarlet Pippistrelle's luscious locks are returned to her and everyone can breathe a little easier that her centuries old tempestuous wrath no longer has such a hair-trigger. (just no-one point out to her that it all falls out when she becomes bestial, at least now it's regrowing in moments when she returns to human form the way it should!) The curse now is lifted, and evil-doers everywhere tremble at the might of the Pink Lightning of the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum Sapphobotica and the Swift Blade of the Wrathful Scarlet Pippistrelle once more!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    It seems perhaps part of the brain-napping plot was an attempt to get the good Doc's suits variable energy chanelling system... as one item was stolen along with Dr Cerebellum's brain and Scarlet Pippistrelle's curls and unlike her brain wasn't recovered!

The bouncy glowing antennas used on several of her suits!
    These are potentially dangerous tech in the wrong hands, besides, they are also super-cute accessories needed to make several of her outfits work!

Can't a disembodied girl floating in a robot suit catch a break? Is there a supervillain that objects to such cute yet deadly accessories? Gravitar was rather insulting about Dr Cerebellums outfit..