test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loot drops and difficulty settings

skippysloreston2skippysloreston2 Posts: 15 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Items and Crafting
I was told ingame recently that the mechanic of scaling cool loot drop rate to difficulty is broken and/or removed. I've looked around a bit, but I never have much luck searching forums for answers ( apparently I instinctively select very poor search keywords for what I want)

Can anyone post a link if its in a previous thread that I've missed, or possibly even confirm whether or not this is true? If its true, and drop rates are unaffected by difficulty setting, than I'll stop farming lair bosses on elite.... sheesh....

Thanks All!
"The older I get, the more I realize that some folks just rattle their gum-chewers for no more reason than they enjoy the sound of their skull echoing..."
Post edited by skippysloreston2 on

Comments

• ryomastormryomastorm Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From my experience, it doesn't seem to affect anything. The gear all appears to be the same no matter the difficulty. Elite does seem to help with costume drops though.
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The difference is hard to notice at the best of times, drop wise.

You do get a good deal more Exp and Loot though, but it's not a monumental amount

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was told ingame recently that the mechanic of scaling cool loot drop rate to difficulty is broken and/or removed.

Its not broken, but it was removed with On-Alert. Elite Gear doesn't exist anymore, so the
    difficult rating is only for people who like it a little harder just for fun :wink:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    beldin wrote: »
    Its not broken, but it was removed with On-Alert. Elite Gear doesn't exist anymore, so the
    difficult rating is only for people who like it a little harder just for fun :wink:

I thought we were supposed to get more drops anyway.. hmm oh well

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    edited August 2012
    I thought we were supposed to get more drops anyway.. hmm oh well

I never have counted the pure number of drops, so can't say anything about that. In the end
    before on alert i did Freon Elite for the better blue items.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • chalupaoffurychalupaoffury Posts: 2,553 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ... That'd be nice to know, I've been running elite for a week now. :(
    In game, I am @EvilTaco. Happily killing purple gang members since May 2008.
    dbnzfo.png
    RIP Caine
    edited August 2012
    ... That'd be nice to know, I've been running elite for a week now. :(

Then start counting, and don't forget also to take the time, so that you can divide the loot
    through time taken, to get if its even worth IF there is really dropping more.
    R607qMf.jpg
  • mijjesticmijjestic Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think 'better chance on Elite' is a placebo effect, as it were. I've noticed no difference in drops.