test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To slay Ao'Qephoth

thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Builds and Roles
Okay, so Mr. Fishing Bait Head has become a pet project of mine. Although I have a Might build (Nemesis) capable of getting right up in his face and surviving, she can't kill him since it just turns into Battle of the Unholy Regeneration Abilities. Ao'Quephoth steals her health and heals himself, she regens and then bashes him in the face with a gigantic scythe, he steals her health again, and so on. Stalemate. So, I've turned to my Power Armor/Sorcery hybrid toon Nachthexe to try and cut him down to size. I am at work right now so I don't have access to the champion builder so I'll post her stats as best I can from memory.

Name: Nachthexe

Archetype: Freeform

Super Stats:
Ego (Primary)
Constitution (Secondary)
Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents:
Level 1: The Void
everything after this is standard con, dex and ego combos.

Powers:
Power Bolts Level 1
Concussor Beam Level 2
Pestilence Level 2
Ebon Ruin Level 3
Minigun Level 2 with U-238 Rounds and Infared
Micromunitions Level 2
Lifedrain Level 2
Condemn Level 2 with Redemption Denied
Ebon Void Level 3 with Voracious Darkness

I will update this list with things like her specializations once I get home tonight and I can actually look at my character.

So far the debuffs caused by Ebon Ruin's Trauma, Condemn's Redemption Denied and Pestilence seem to be giving Worm Guy some grief. Unfortunately the problem I'm running into is that for some reason his Lifedrain appears to be tearing through my block power way worse than any other character I've ever seen. Even through a block, he's managed to knock me down almost to 2/3 of my health from full where enemies like Kevin Poe just end up hurting themselves with a combination of Pestilence and Ebon Void damaging them and healing me. I did just retcon her last night for this latest version but I can eventually add more Z to my account if I need more. Thoughts, opinions, wackiness?
Post edited by thhunterofskulls on

Comments

• theprettypixietheprettypixie Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You might want to consider Skarn's Bane to remove his passive. Shadow Form is an energy form, after all. Combined with Ebon Ruin he now becomes quite manageable.

Pretty.Pixie
  • thhunterofskullsthhunterofskulls Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You might want to consider Skarn's Bane to remove his passive. Shadow Form is an energy form, after all. Combined with Ebon Ruin he now becomes quite manageable.

Much appreciated. I'll add Skarn's Bane on my next power point.
  • amazingprotonamazingproton Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Specializations?
    FORMERLY KNOWN AS NOT0FTHISWOR1D\\My Lightning Toon
    edited August 2012
    Specializations?

Sorry, been super busy with work and projects at home this week. I'll look over specializations and post them tonight.
    edited August 2012
    Okay, here we go.

Specializations -

Ego:
    Insight 3 (+21% power cost discount)
    Force of Will 2 (+23 defense)
    Sixth Sense 3 (+5.2% critical chance)
    Follow Through 2 (+22% critical severity)

Avenger:
    Round Em Up 3
    Anguish 2
    Ruthless 2 (+10% critical severity)
    Relentless Assault 3

Vindicator:
    Merciless 3 (+15% critical severity)
    Rush of Battle 1
  • ssholeroyssholeroy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for NOT being one of those "just block his two attacks (life drain & devour essence) and you'll win" type people. There seems to be a lot of them about. Maybe blocking helps, but I've gone through the entire fight doing nothing but blocking (Ebon Void) and he does not de-target me, and still regens/heals massively.

I'm pretty sure it's all about the debuffs at this point.

-r0y
  • rykonailorykonailo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ssholeroy wrote: »
    Thanks for NOT being one of those "just block his two attacks (life drain & devour essence) and you'll win" type people. There seems to be a lot of them about. Maybe blocking helps, but I've gone through the entire fight doing nothing but blocking (Ebon Void) and he does not de-target me, and still regens/heals massively.

I'm pretty sure it's all about the debuffs at this point.

-r0y

The 'block to win' idea usually is right against those two powers but Ao's Shadow form is the real reason he's hard, its pretty much a 3% of max hp heal every 3 seconds, thus the earlier Skarns bane advice earlier really is the best anti-ao advice in thread.