test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck with leveling skills.

necrofelinenecrofeline Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Items and Crafting
Can anyone please tell me why I can't level my Skills. It's been doing my nut in for the last hour trying to find out why I can't level my Arms skills.

Everytime I talk to the vendor it says "Requires Arms skill 90+, player level 25, and Arms skills cap of 100".

Now I don't know if it's because i've got home off a night shift and i'm half asleep and can't see whats right infront of my face but i'm level 25 with Arms at 101, well thats what is said on the 'Overview'.

I got my skill to 101 just by finding the boxes and stuff laying around and getting the mods and fuse them. Have modified one or two items of gear.

Thanks for any help with this, i'm now of to bed :tongue:
Post edited by necrofeline on

Comments

• twg042370twg042370 Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As far as I can tell even though I've never really bothered since fusing mods is sort of a case of "wait for better drops";

Find more boxes to open. I don't think you need to buy a level cap raise like you did before but maybe you do.
    currently crafting is bugged, nodes are not giving skill ups.
    if you're at 101. you don't need to train again till Level 35 , skill level 200
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • polishlightningpolishlightning Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When they changed the crafting nodes a few months back to give mods, some of them were messed up and can't be crafted. For Mysticism you can't craft the Psionic Nodes on Monster Island because it says you need a Science skill of 201+, if they're really a Science Node I shouldn't be able to access them.
  • tau41tau41 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I thought the nodes were bugged. I was wondering why i couldn't get any skill ups outside of fusion.
  • bellesorcierebellesorciere Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Given the changes to crafting, why do they even need to have skill levels? Why not just train up for each investigation node band at the crafting trainer and leave the skilling up grind out of it?
  • pogiforce014pogiforce014 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Would love it if this could be fixed. I've leveled 2 forties while trying to keep their mod skill in tow, but it just doesn't work. one of my forties has a mod skill of 10, the other a mod skill fo like 4. it's just so unreasonable right now.
  • carlasimone2carlasimone2 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I was wondering this. I'd need to investigate an awful lot of Argent packpacks to get to 100 by fusing mods.

Good to hear that this isnt working as intended.
  • sinesloschensinesloschen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    This problem (bug) it's already solved on BTS, as some players confirm. I don't know why don't solve now with a specific update.
  • merleburgermerleburger Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I almost feel tempted to ask for some partial refund for the last month I've spent idling with a passel of lvl 18 characters.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well, cross your fingers that today's patch fixes things.

I've got a few hours to spend cruising the Canadian Wilderness for low-level nodes if they are indeed granting skill levels again. :tongue:
  • sponyjasponyja Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    and how is it ? can we increase skill levels now ? :P
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I went from lvl 8 Mysticism to 300 from Saturday to Monday, so yes it's fixed. :biggrin:

It actually helped having Bloodmoon over the weekend: I had a route in Canada, and the glowing white nodes -- psionic something or other -- stood out really well on the reddened snow.

Unfortunately, Mysticism nodes still yield Science mods, so I got almost all my skill levels from opening nodes. Fusing the mods gave nothing -- except for the paltry number of Sentinel's Brooches.