Install Arc
Options

FC.30.20120808a.0 PTS Update

nisdiddumsnisdiddums Posts: 91 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PTS - The Archive
PTS update FC.30.20120808a.0
This build is scheduled to hit PTS by 12:00pm PST

Greetings!

A few more power updates for you, courtesy of G-Crush.
There's the possibility of another update later this evening, so stay tuned :cool:

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Powers:
-Sneak should now properly break on interact, damage, and heals.
-Shadow Strike: This power no longer benefits from damage strength bonuses. This power now has a 45 second base cooldown.
-Boomerang Throw: This power has been renamed to Ricochet Throw
-Boomerang Cone: This power has been renamed to Throwing Blades
-Gas Pellets: This power should now properly snare targets.
Post edited by nisdiddums on

Comments

• Options
    cascadencecascadence Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yaaay... gas pellets actually working (lets face it, the damage its barely noticeable to be counted as functionality =p) ... can't wait to test them in action.

Is the sound FX of Strafing Run final?? As it was on the last build, the sound was really weak... with weak I mean it was really low and lacked of punch... didn't feel like my ship was shooting down the enemies.... also (once more as it was on last build) the description was broken, it was almost the same description as Gas Pellets.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click up there if you want to find more about the costumes behind my heroines.
  • Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Awesome!

So now that you guys are almost done, will we get the Celestial review?
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    silviumc wrote: »
    Awesome!

YESSSSS, THIIIIIIIS.

However, Running Strafe does need better sound and a new description.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Okay... finished testing (well initial impressions) and here comes my feedback.

YES! for nerfing the burst damage of Shadow Strike... right now it hits as half as hard as it used to... but on the upside, we can use it as twice as often than before. Nice change.

Strafing Run is still lacking a good sound FX.... also no additional advantages there?

Also... what's the point on ranking the Grapple Gun Pull or Gas Pellets? I don't see any. Gas Pellets damage its close to null, so there's no point to rank it. And Grapple Gun Pull... literally doesn't get any benefits of ranking it.

Throwing Blades
    and Ricochet Throw still feel a bit high on damage, its not thaat much... but it could still use a 10% less damage or so of its actual.

Sneak it still feels funny, I don't know if its intended or not, but I can toggle off and on Sneak manually to decide when I want to use sneak burst spike and not worry about the decloak debuff at all. Is this intended?? and if not... it needs a cooldown after you toggle/detoggle

And for last... the Gas Pellets still feel useless. The snare (or maybe its the radius of the pellets) its barely useful, since mobs most of the time don't get snared by it as they chase you, and the damage on the pellets its really really weak. Suggestion in here.... ( I know its sort of late since it seems you want to release this baby this week)... why not make it like a weaker version of smoke grenade?? the pro of using it, would be that it has a wider radius and also that it helps with sneaking away of combat... kinda like bats does.

Okay here's the bugs

Bug: Strafing Run still has almost the same description as Gas Pellets

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention. Can you make the sound FX of Grapple Gun Pull sound the way it does for the Swinging travel power?? makes more sense than its actual "chainish" sound.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sanguinevipersanguineviper Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm glad you figured out a way to keep shadow strike from becoming ridiculous fodder to be exploited into ridiculous ranges by certain wonderful people. 20k seems reasonable as an opener with a 45 second cd.

In other news, is Strafing run really going to remain as it is? It's worse than orbital cannon right now, and orbital is pretty bad... Can you at least make it deal crushing damage (you know, like explosives do)? There are far too many "Explosive" powers dealing fire damage right now. Granted a few are half and half which is a bit better. Possibly add an advantage, "Napalm strike" That causes it to leave patches of AoE fire to deal minor ticks of fire damage and apply clinging flames?

Pardon my obsessive rant on realism, but just for instance, "Frag Grenade". A Fragmentation Grenade only explodes as a means to send some sort of shrapnel, whether it be ball bearings, flechettes, or the casing of the grenade itself flying in all directions, which would actually be considered slashing/piercing damage in terms of CO, not fire damage. However its incendiary advantage makes sense in the case that you're using some kind of white phosphorus grenades or taping a molotov cocktail to the grande or something, given that it creates a lingering patch of fire.

**Edit**
    I just realized now that strafing run's damage isn't scaling with anything but rank...

This might be why it's so underwhelming...

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like the Shadow Strike change, I believe I mentioned something like this in the last thread, it does reasonable damage for a power with a 45 second CD, I like its niche. Can we now see Smoke Bomb's cooldown lowered from 120 to 90 seconds? Maybe rework it to be an AD?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    cascadence wrote: »
    Strafing Run is still lacking a good sound FX....

Agree here.

Why not just yank the sound of the strafing runs from stronghold prison?

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    **Edit**
    I just realized now that strafing run's damage isn't scaling with anything but rank...

This might be why it's so underwhelming...

Yup... just realized this as well, its doing the same damage with my tank, as it does with my other uber dps char lol.

Single target wise... Rank 3 it does 750*4 unscaled damage per target and uncapable of critting. That would be good if it was a 0.5 activation power... but its 1.67. It's too little damage, even AoE.

I agree... this power needs to scale.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looking forward to the update tonight. Hope its content related.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Nice catch guys! In the next build (hopefully tonight) they should be scaling and feel much better.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Nice catch guys! In the next build (hopefully tonight) they should be scaling and feel much better.

Thanks for keeping up with us and hearing our feedback...so again, about Smoke Bomb...
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Smoke bomb wont be changing at this time, but I will keep my eye on it.
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Um, Crush? Can we get some updates on the Might overbuff or at least some sort of response? I really don't want to see the +70% damage buff on knock immune targets, it's a weeee bit over the top.

Also, Might related, Enrage is not buffing bleed damage where as MA forms are. Seeing as there are no differences numerically between the two now, and that Aspect of the Bestial did buff bleed damage post form change, it really should.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The Might bonus damage to knock has been reduced slightly. It should be more in line, but still feel really good to charge fully and crush targets.

Also, enrage will buff bleeds.

EDIT: These changes may not be in the next patch to PTS, but will be in the one after if they dont make it.
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, when will we be able to test "aura slots"? :confused:

(I'd like to put my vote in now for a "reskin" of the aura from the "Voltanic Potential" Pre-order device...)
    (...You know, since the device got nerfed *cough* SCREWED *cough* when it was bugged?)
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dunno if this has been answered or asked already but..will we have an option to see what "ricochet throw" wil l look like? Nighthawks boomerrangs are nice but, it would be nice to have a couple options
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The Might bonus damage to knock has been reduced slightly. It should be more in line, but still feel really good to charge fully and crush targets.

EDIT: These changes may not be in the next patch to PTS, but will be in the one after if they dont make it.

Yay! Thanks crush, oh and Stuns seem to completely detoggle Sneak instead of toggling decloaked.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Smoke bomb wont be changing at this time, but I will keep my eye on it.

Please do, not like many people use it anyway. :frown:
  • Options
    rstzedrstzed Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BUG: Zoning in or out of the Aegir has a high chance of crashing the game.
  • Options
    magentagemmagentagem Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Awesome!

YES! when?!
  • Options
    edited August 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJR6sAo0CU

Thank you!

-pushes luck- So um, can we also have the Shredded debuff added to Shred? :3
    It would be super awesome!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kaizerin wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJR6sAo0CU

Thank you!

-pushes luck- So um, can we also have the Shredded debuff added to Shred? :3
    It would be super awesome!

After they give Reapers Caress the same mechanical awesomness as Shred :s

EDIT: I'll elaborate, Shred has a 25%/25%/100% chance to cause a bleed with each hit in its combo. With that, if you have Enrage, its doubled, so 50%/50%/100%
    Reaper's Caress is 15%/15%/100% and does not have any mechanic like Shred's. Please make Caress be 25/25/100 and 50/50/100 with focus?
  • Options
    pwkampfykaufmannpwkampfykaufmann Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What I'd like to know: Will there be some kind of mechanic to control the path of Strafing Run?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Strafing Run is controlled by the direction you face. It always flies from behind you.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know its a bit late in the game for an advantage right now, but could get get an advantage for the grapple pull to turn it into a tazer?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, really, the only nice thing with claws was the shredded buff. The claws changes, in my opinion, were terrible, the energy cost increases for the meanial damage buff was completely uncalled for. We need for the following.
    1. Revert the Energy cost changes.
    2. Rework Tiger's Bite so it does not consume shredded, just it gains a buff from attacking Shredded foes.
    3. Fix the bug where Viper's Fangs increases the duration of Shredded upon completing a combo.
    4. Rework Rend and Tear to and AoE, keep its refresh.
    5. Apply another ~15-20% buff to Tiger's Bite's damage
    6. Add an advantage to Tiger's Bite, increasing the crit severity of the next Tiger's Bite by 15%. (Optional)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well, really, the only nice thing with claws was the shredded buff. The claws changes, in my opinion, were terrible, the energy cost increases for the meanial damage buff was completely uncalled for. We need for the following.
    1. Revert the Energy cost changes.
    2. Rework Tiger's Bite so it does not consume shredded, just it gains a buff from attacking Shredded foes.
    3. Fix the bug where Viper's Fangs increases the duration of Shredded upon completing a combo.
    4. Rework Rend and Tear to and AoE, keep its refresh.
    5. Apply another ~15-20% buff to Tiger's Bite's damage
    6. Add an advantage to Tiger's Bite, increasing the crit severity of the next Tiger's Bite by 15%. (Optional)

Aaaand I am guessing all of this will have to wait for claws review (sadly)... well at least its Celestial turn in the line!... unless they changed their minds.

Also... woot! the PTS shard is down, maybe a new build?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Awesome!

Also, Gentleman Crush...is there any plans to even poke Telepathy with a stick? I mean it doesnt even have a passive T_T.

Help Mentalists everywhere...Buff telepathy..show you really care :D.

Also is CC resist and +CC gear going to be fixed soon? And well Crowd Control in general really xD.

Plus any word on PFF and IDF interactions?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Aaaand I am guessing all of this will have to wait for claws review (sadly)... well at least its Celestial turn in the line!... unless they changed their minds.

Also... woot! the PTS shard is down, maybe a new build?

Honestly, Claws needs it more than anything, after all, they are putting in an AT with the Claw powers, Celestial? Conviction is great, iniquity is great, Seraphim is Great. Palliate is decent, Imbue is overpowered. Whats great in Claws? Dragon's Claw. Anything else?...No.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, Claws needs it more than anything, after all, they are putting in an AT with the Claw powers, Celestial? Conviction is great, iniquity is great, Seraphim is Great. Palliate is decent, Imbue is overpowered. Whats great in Claws? Dragon's Claw. Anything else?...No.

*Shrugs* all I know its that the reviews left (if they stick to robobobobobos proposal) are Celestial -> Claws -> Dual Blades. Who knows if they'll alter the order or not. And if not... at least Claws its not that faaaar.

Edit: DARN! the shard is back up... I guess no patch tonight =(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    *Shrugs* all I know its that the reviews left (if they stick to robobobobobos proposal) are Celestial -> Claws -> Dual Blades. Who knows if they'll alter the order or not. And if not... at least Claws its not that faaaar.

Edit: DARN! the shard is back up... I guess no patch tonight =(

Honestly it does not make sense for them to follow that, it should be Claws -> Telepathy -> Sorcery -> Celestial -> Archery -> Single Blade. Dual Blades is no where near needing a review and in no way near needed a nerf if you're thinking that either, take one look at Infernal and there's your reason.
    EDIT:...Forgot to add munitions, teehee. Claws -> Telepathy -> Munitions -> Sorcery -> Celestial -> Archery -> Single Blade. :P
  • Options
    handsomerhandsomer Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't have a lot of details on this one, well actually I don't have any, but this is what's happening.

BUG: Browsing through the Q-Store crashes the game (depending on character).

I don't know what it is, but everytime I log in my character "Bad Betty" (or any other copies of her), my game crashes when I browse through the Q-Store.

The first copy I made of her was back in 2010, and the most recent was about a few hours ago. All of them crash when browsing through the Q-Store. Every other character I have on the pts works fine, so I'm not sure what is causing this.

Does anyone else have this kind of trouble with the Q-Store, or is it just some weird problem I have?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    handsomer wrote: »
    I don't have a lot of details on this one, well actually I don't have any, but this is what's happening.

BUG: Browsing through the Q-Store crashes the game (depending on character).

I don't know what it is, but everytime I log in my character "Bad Betty" (or any other copies of her), my game crashes when I browse through the Q-Store.

The first copy I made of her was back in 2010, and the most recent was about a few hours ago. All of them crash when browsing through the Q-Store. Every other character I have on the pts works fine, so I'm not sure what is causing this.

Does anyone else have this kind of trouble with the Q-Store, or is it just some weird problem I have?

I just tried with a couple of characters and everything looks fine on my end =S.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Any chance Brick, as a whole, will receive similiar changes as Might. I don't see the logic behind buffing Might when Heavy Weapons remains the same after the On Alert patch. They both depended on Enrage/Agressor stacking for damage and they both were nerfed pretty hard. So why is only Might getting attention? My Heavy Weapons toon would really like his damage back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Any chance Brick, as a whole, will receive similiar changes as Might. I don't see the logic behind buffing Might when Heavy Weapons remains the same after the On Alert patch. They both depended on Enrage/Agressor stacking for damage and they both were nerfed pretty hard. So why is only Might getting attention? My Heavy Weapons toon would really like his damage back.

Once again, you did not lose your damage, you just need to pick up crit to replace what the multiplier forms were set in for. The might buff is dubious to me as a whole and I'm not in favor of it. However, I do agree (if only for fairness) that if Might receives extra extra damage on kb, so should any set that relied on multiplier forms (Heavy Weapons and Bestial. I don't think Infernal or Earth have any bonus damage on knock immune targets abilities, I may be wrong though.)
  • Options
    sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Once again, you did not lose your damage, you just need to pick up crit to replace what the multiplier forms were set in for. The might buff is dubious to me as a whole and I'm not in favor of it. However, I do agree (if only for fairness) that if Might receives extra extra damage on kb, so should any set that relied on multiplier forms (Heavy Weapons and Bestial. I don't think Infernal or Earth have any bonus damage on knock immune targets abilities, I may be wrong though.)

Why would Bestial fall under the list? Enrage (the power, not the buff) and Aggressor has never been in that framework. Bestial's problems are not similiar, unless you're balancing things around freeform.

Access to crit and severity was made easier. That is true. That doesn't mean having both will make all frameworks and playstyles perform equally, or up to snuff. Telling a Brick user to get crit and severity is like putting lipstick on a pig. FYI it's still a pig.

Yes, I did lose my damage. Nearly 30% to be exact. That is not an exaggeration. I tested before and after the nerf went live. Sure, I get more spike damage now, but what's the point when everything that leads up to it is pathetically low, and even then the spike damage isn't all that impressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Why would Bestial fall under the list? Enrage (the power, not the buff) and Aggressor has never been in that framework. Bestial's problems are not similiar, unless you're balancing things around freeform.
    Tsk, Tsk, is Aspect of the Bestial (The 'Aggressor' of Bestial) so easy to forget?
    Access to crit and severity was made easier. That is true. That doesn't mean having both will make all frameworks and playstyles perform equally, or up to snuff. Telling a Brick user to get crit and severity is like putting lipstick on a pig. FYI it's still a pig.
    So basically, Brick is now like every other set. While I think Brick should get a way to build base damage and remove crit, you can't act like stacking crit is any more difficult for a brick user.
    Yes, I did lose my damage. Nearly 30% to be exact. That is not an exaggeration. I tested before and after the nerf went live. Sure, I get more spike damage now, but what's the point when everything that leads up to it is pathetically low, and even then the spike damage isn't all that impressive.

Welcome to the issue everyone else has.

Honestly, Brick doesn't need that much people comlain about. Brick needs what, a 5% base damage increase? The only issues is that charge/activation times are unreasonable, and end costs are on the high side. Anything more is purely playstyle, such as my brick form idea.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

No you didn't lose 30% damage. You lost your multiplier form that was introduced as a replacement for crit. Here, let's put it this way, old Aggressor was the equivalent of 100% crit with 37% severity. In order to make that up you need 37% crit with 100% severity, which is completely possible to pull off without spending a drop into dex with on alert. You're simply playing the game MA forms had to play all along, investing stats into crit to do damage. Having a multiplier form on top of crit chance is hideously overpowering and needed to be squashed.

Bestial (and technically Infernal!) are in the same exact boat Might is in, they lost their multiplier forms and in order to regain their lost damage need to invest in crit.

The might buff is unnecessary and it upsets me that the devs are catering to the complaints as they are based on false information. You lost nothing, if you have a complaint about might it should be directed to Uppercut's lack of compensation when it's cast time was increased ages ago and the fact that enrage stacking within the set is somewhat of a waste now.
  • Options
    beldinbeldin Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Bestial (and technically Infernal!) are in the same exact boat Might is in, they lost their multiplier forms and in order to regain their lost damage need to invest in crit.

Infernal however has however not lost their second form, they only have now to choose a
    weaker form than the old, since we normally haven't stacked enrage on top of aspect :wink:

But Crit is now really easy to get, just yesterday i respeced a munitions char from DEX to EGO
    and had still over 38 / 100 crit just from my offense items and specs :cool:
    R607qMf.jpg
  • Options
    lordwolfylordwolfy Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well so much for this maintenance to actually put all the neat new gadget powers on live. Maybe next week?

As for the Sneak element, I think its working pretty good right now. It breaks if you do anything that intended to make it break. I don't think it should break if your just speaking to a NPC but that's minor so no big deal.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The might buff is unnecessary and it upsets me that the devs are catering to the complaints as they are based on false information. You lost nothing, if you have a complaint about might it should be directed to Uppercut's lack of compensation when it's cast time was increased ages ago and the fact that enrage stacking within the set is somewhat of a waste now.
    I'm someone what doesn't have experience with the "old" might, but i was playing with it on PTS and it defiantly doesn't strike me as underpowered.

As some one who can only see might for what it is and not what it was, I say its fine.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lordwolfy wrote: »
    Well so much for this maintenance to actually put all the neat new gadget powers on live. Maybe next week?
    They said somewhere (too lazy to find again) that the Nighthawk related stuff will come out with the Nighthawk related event. Since Harmon Labs is the special Alert until August 23, I would guess it will hit on or after August 24th.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    They said somewhere (too lazy to find again) that the Nighthawk related stuff will come out with the Nighthawk related event. Since Harmon Labs is the special Alert until August 23, I would guess it will hit on or after August 24th.

That said, I believe they should take their time on putting it out. Make sure this is as bugfree as can be and continue balancing the powers. How about we get those MA Claw changes I keep asking for?
  • Options
    angelofcaineangelofcaine Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *points to sig*
    Maybe with the aniversary? :confused:
    __________________________________________________O.P.T.I.O.N.S.
    | ME | A "Guide" Book" | | I, have a "DREAM! | ( Member since Feb 2008 ) ... ?
    [SIGPIC]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b132/AngelOfCaine/STILLS/Misc/CO-Sig_01e.png[/SIGPIC]
    Were there any specific reason for that personal attack other than that your opinion differs from mine?
  • Options
    gamehobogamehobo Posts: 1,970 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Also, Gentleman Crush...is there any plans to even poke Telepathy with a stick? I mean it doesnt even have a passive T_T.

Help Mentalists everywhere...Buff telepathy..show you really care :D.

Also is CC resist and +CC gear going to be fixed soon? And well Crowd Control in general really xD.

Plus any word on PFF and IDF interactions?

All of this and a fix for Celestial Cleansing and finish Aura of Arcane Clarity and put Manipulator soundly in the Telepathy tree for power gating purposes.
  • Options
    purg777purg777 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2012

So your saying the info that Crush parsed with a handful of testers was false? :eek:
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I still need to setup my Might crit build on one of my modular melee geared toons. No doubt there will be humorous results.

Yep.

Sure enough.

Snark never dies.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I still need to setup my Might crit build on one of my modular melee geared toons. No doubt there will be humorous results.

You're right, I saw that, Sanguine. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596978507438374782/BE31E1985D905632CACACBC5FE673D84EA61FAEA/
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    purg777 wrote: »
    So your saying the info that Crush parsed with a handful of testers was false? :eek:

Where is this parse? What builds were being used? What was it being compared to? What players were involved? Was knock immune bonus being considered? Why only Might? There are plenty of other melee abilities that are on par with Might that apparently need a gigantic buff if this parse is 'accurate,' but quite frankly I suspect it's very much not.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    "Throwing blades" is still listed as "Boomerang Cone" in the combat log, also it's still OP.

4k crits on tap, 7.5k on charge.

Seems to be all over the place on damage variance too.

Snark never dies.